Sign in to follow this  
PlasmaHam

How do you see a Trump Administration?

How do you see a Trump Administration?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Did you support Trump among the 4 presidential nominees as your preferred candidate?

2. 2. How do you see a Trump Administration? (Purely Politically)

• America will be Great Again!
    • Good
    • So-So
    • Bad
    • "Apocalypse will occur in next four years" bad

So, the election is over, Trump won, what now? I would hope you will fill out the poll questions and expand on your answers in this thread. I am creating this because the Trump fiasco has taken over where it really doesn't belong.

I intend for this thread to be focusing on the politics of Trump, and how you believe a Trump administration would change America for the better or worse. Purely political, anyone who starts spamming this thread with claims about Trump being a racist, extortionist, sexist, or what not will have their posts removed. I believe the Trump vs Clinton debate handled that pretty well, so lets stay on topic here.

Okay, so I said "somewhat" simply because I was not for nor fully against either candidate.
 I also said I imagine this as a so-so thing. I think either Trump will generally enforce a decent change among the lawlessness and obsessive PC crap, or he will simply get nothing done besides balancing our court justices. If he DOES do something I think it could be beneficial, but if he does nothing, we're just having another 4 years of Obama aka a do-nothing President.

I never supported Trump. He weirded me out from the get go. My original thought upon hearing he was running was "Hey, if he gets in, he can tell Obama 'You're fired!' ...lol. I'm done."

If he actually DOES what he says he's going to do, I agree with Swiftietix. It'll be so-so at worst. And not because of him, but because of all the tumblr crybabies giving him crap because their candidate didn't win, they didn't get what they wanted so now they have to go into their safe spaces and cry and that's not supposed to happen ever bawwww.

This politically correct garbage has gotten out of control. Like, we need it to a degree, but it's getting to the point where I'm not sure if I should mind my P's and Q's because a social justice "warrior" is going to chew me out for "mis-gendering" them. 
I hope he does something to make life better for everyone. This hate, rabid SJW-ism, putting the rights/feelings of a very small minority over that of the silent majority needs to stop. I hope Trump can being the change we need to make this a more level playing field for all of us, including those of us who don't adhere to the thought police. 

I think politically speaking that Trump will destroy any political power social conservatism has left and spark a fresh war between SJWs and anti-SJWs, the former of which will become more and more rabid while the latter drifts closer and closer to outright white supremacism.

I voted "apocalypse" because I think Trump's foreign and trade policies have potentially disastrous synergy. If we really started a trade war with China while at the same time dismantling our global military presence, the consequences could be aggressive expansion by U.S. rivals across the world during a period of global economic recession. In that context, conflict between nuclear powers becomes much more likely. Conflict between nuclear powers anywhere in the world is potentially apocalyptic.

However, if Trump does not undermine our role as peacekeeper for our allies, then I think we'll be OK. His other policy proposals are merely bad. He'll do damage, people will suffer, the political culture will become even more dysfunctionally divided, but most of us will survive.

Of course, all of that assumes Trump's policy proposals will predict his actual policies. Which is, uh. Well, I wouldn't put any money on that proposition.

Edited by Chris-M

I picked "somewhat" because he was likely better than Hilary. But I have no idea who the other two candidates were as it says in the poll question. 

I also picked "so so" because even though he's proposed many outlandish things, I doubt any of it will happen. But maybe he'll at least try to protect and be patriotic towards his own country.