Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

35 posts in this topic

Dear Mr. Admin,

As a longtime member of CTF (we're talkin' 9.5 years), I've seen many staff come and go. I've also noticed that with change of technology, spam bots are increasingly becoming more complex and thus a site like this needs staff to more some come and stay, rather than come and go. I've seen complaints of p0rn bots lately too.

I do not know your life story, I do not know what you do, I barely know you, but I do know that CTF needs a little more attention than what's being given to it right now.  My suggestion: If you can't keep up with it, find someone with more time to take your place or recruit more active staff to keep the problem at bay.  This should not continue. 

We've had spam bots rampant for over a week now, I'm constantly getting spam PM's and messages. Many other members have the same complaint. The problem isn't getting resolved. A large percentage of our new members are spammers and trolls, or are dormant accounts that joined and then became spammers later on. What happened to being on Mod approval for 75-ish posts? Where'd that feature go?  It needs to be re-instated. I don't care who's been here since February. Under 100 posts, mod-approval. Let's get the old set up back.

Other issues:
Since the update, signatures have vanished (is there a user guide for this update? I can't find ANYTHING).

I have lost, yes LOST about 1500 posts this week alone.  Yoda has lost 200, NoelKt5 has lost some as well, but I'm not sure how many.  Who else has been affected by this bug?

The chatbox is gone. I know we have a chat room, but my web filter thinks the chat room is a skanky site and blocks my access. 

Where did the arcade go? That thing was awesome! Bring that back please! 

When I last checked, the anonymous counseling section hadn't been looked at in several months. People need help! 

A site full of spam bots and virus links does not help anyone reach Jesus and does more harm than good. If we are to be a light on the Internet, we need to step up our game and have a site that is under control and well managed. 

Please end the anarchy.

Sincerely,
Becky and the rest of CTF. 

@Cary @Cary 

Edited by Boogles
tagging le Admin to see if it works.

THANK YOU! it was about time that somebody had post this. Now i can relax now that this is going to be taken care of. :flapper:

It's dead y'all. It's been dead or dying for years. I straight up have know idea why anyone would join as a new member these days, let alone wait for 75 posts to be approved. Sure, spam bots are annoying but lets face it that spam bots, twitter-esque status updates, and a sudden renewed interest in banal forum games and are the ONLY reason this site appears to have even a little traffic since the update. As a discussion forum it is and has been dead for years. Someone may *eventually* deal with the bots, but it's still gonna be dead. 

6 minutes ago, Marley said:

It's dead y'all. It's been dead or dying for years. I straight up have know idea why anyone would join as a new member these days, let alone wait for 75 posts to be approved. Sure, spam bots are annoying but lets face it that spam bots, twitter-esque status updates, and a sudden renewed interest in banal forum games and are the ONLY reason this site appears to have even a little traffic since the update. As a discussion forum it is and has been dead for years. Someone may *eventually* deal with the bots, but it's still gonna be dead. 

I am afraid that i have to agree with you. CTF is slowly dying. There is nothing that people can do about it and i don't think they are going to fix the problem.

Wow that was on point, I think a couple more active moderators could for sure improve some things.

I'm not completely sure on this, but I'm pretty certain that a lot of the features CTF had were very old and had stopped being patched by their creators and as a result were security vulnerabilities. That is what happened with another internet forum I was part of, and we ended up having to completely move sites.

Also internet forums are just dying out in general. They used to be way more popular than they are now, but with the growth of other platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc the amount of people actively on forums is much less. Society and technology move on, and I still think that forums offer something unique and beyond what other social platforms can offer- especailly by way of group discussion, but they still continue to shrink in use.

Even though I don't come by often, I do sometimes see "naughty" bots......hopefully I'm allowed to say naughty bots. 

19 hours ago, Crosses said:

Even though I don't come by often, I do sometimes see "naughty" bots......hopefully I'm allowed to say naughty bots. 

you are allowed to say naughty and yesh there are very naughty bots!

Well, yeah. All of the lifeblood of the forum was essentially booted by the admin who took the stance "I am the admin, so this place is going to be what I say it is."

I would love CTF to come back to life considering this site was a place I once came to like family, but I'm not sure with all the changes people will come back. ): I wish I could actually help with something.

6 hours ago, Cato said:

Well, yeah. All of the lifeblood of the forum was essentially booted by the admin who took the stance "I am the admin, so this place is going to be what I say it is."

I hope you're not talking about me Cato ;P

I know from other forums, that a major forum killer is absent admins. I hope CTF doesn't fall down that road.

5 hours ago, Cassiatell said:

As a new member, how do I recognize bots?

They typically say crap like "My sister has the smelliest feet ever! So when I bought anti stink spray for her at ewwyoustink.com my whole life changed! how do you keep your feel from stinking?" Watch out for random hidden links, unwanted private messages and status update replies from people with weird names who have under 20 posts.  
Or you can follow me. I make sassy comments at them. :P

Edited by Boogles

11 hours ago, Boogles said:

They typically say crap like "My sister has the smelliest feet ever! So when I bought anti stink spray for her at ewwyoustink.com my whole life changed! how do you keep your feel from stinking?" Watch out for random hidden links, unwanted private messages and status update replies from people with weird names who have under 20 posts.  
Or you can follow me. I make sassy comments at them. :P

Yeah there would be random stuff that the spam bots being posting here but I am already use to it. I tend to ignore them and laug about it. AND BOOGLES I BE SEEING THAT AND I BE DEAD LAUGHING! you are super funny! i think I am already following you.

12 hours ago, Michi said:

Yeah there would be random stuff that the spam bots being posting here but I am already use to it. I tend to ignore them and laug about it. AND BOOGLES I BE SEEING THAT AND I BE DEAD LAUGHING! you are super funny! i think I am already following you.

I report them, after I troll them mercilessly. :P 

Yay, I did a funny!

11 hours ago, Boogles said:

I report them, after I troll them mercilessly. :P 

Yay, I did a funny!

lol I bet you do! and thats good that you report them.

On 12/14/2016 at 10:50 PM, Jakob said:

Almost a month without a response.

I expected as much. I mostly just wanted to vent. 

#beckyforadmin2017 #voteforpedro :P #makectfgoodagain 

Does tagging work? 

@Cary

Edited by Boogles
fixin' stoof