Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Rossbates

How do you take care of your teeth

How could you take care of your teeth? I am suffering from high sensitivity on my teeth. I read that the sensitivity is caused when the enamel is worn out. The toothpaste that I am using can also be a reason for this. I wonder whether I can improve my teeth condition if I follow these tips http://www.appletondental.ca/general-category/5-steps-to-mouth-health/. I planned to follow these tips except visiting the doctor because I don't to visit a clinic. What toothpaste are you using? How are you taking care of your teeth?

My aspiration is to be a pirate. I just eat lots of candy, drink lots of rum, don't shower and hope for the best. i'm almost there. 

14 hours ago, Boogles said:

My aspiration is to be a pirate. I just eat lots of candy, drink lots of rum, don't shower and hope for the best. i'm almost there. 

:flapper: lol same i eat lots of candy

In taking care of my teeth, I eat what I want provided that I brush my teeth as often as it should be.  I use a dental floss and a regular toothpaste.  One important thing is I do a regular visit to my dentist for cleaning and checking of my teeth.  It should be at least once a year.

whoa maybe this isn't a spammer lol

lemme put it this way, I should brush my teeth more. but I don't have cavities. :P

As far as sensitivity goes, talk to your dentist next time you go. I brush every day, and floss. I also suggest using mouthwash. It burns a bit in the beginning from the alchohol but just swish it around for 30 seconds then spit it out. Also, the mouthwash might leave your mouth feeling kind of dry. Just rinse with water and you're good to go. Watch what you eat, too. If your enamel is worn down, stay away from soda until you get that sorted out. As good as the stuff tastes, it wrecks havoc on your teeth. 

Just my 2¢. 

to take care of your teeth....

1. brush twice a day (brush your tongue and gums(brush softly))

2. floss once a day (prefebery evening)  

3. rince your mouth with alchohol free mouth wash

4. avoid sweets/sugars/soda/caffeen

5. eat fruits like apples, and drink milk to help your teeth 

hoped this helped

:thumbsup: -keep that smile

<3 Mandy

Have you consulted a dentist? I do brush every after meal, then have it check by a dentist whenever there's a problem.