MandySCOtt

What is it with guys?

When I'm in class sitting with a group of boys, they always make these wierd sounds or movemts. Like bouncing up and down on their seats and slapping their butt, or say some things that don't make sense. It makes me really uncomfortable. What do you guys think? and do you know what kind of inside jokes their making?

Edited by MandySCOtt

I cannot speak for all people, and i certainly can't speak for boys, but I myself am a wiggle worm. I bounce my legs, stretch, twist, bounce, wriggle to get comfy, all in about the time span of 30 seconds. 

Alot of younger boys tend to be more energetic, hence the wiggling. Perhaps the slap sound of their butt amuses them? younger males can be such simple creatures. XD 

If they're making you uncomfortable, you can always ask them what they're saying or inform them that the noises they're making are distracting and politely ask them to calm it down. 

Inside jokes? I dunno, you kind of have to be inside to get it, though, given that this is the high school section, the conversation is probably about one of the following topics: females, male genitalia and related jokes, memes, things for shock effect, or butts.

@Boogles Nice double post here

1 hour ago, Boogles said:

younger males can be such simple creatures

Yep, I totally don't feel awkward posting here with that comment.:unsure:

I've said it so many times, you simply cannot understand the opposite gender, so don't try. You will just get more lost. High-school boys, especially when around other boys, are naturally more active and rambunctious than girls of their age. If you want them to quiet down, I suggest you just ask them to stop talking and moving so much. 

I agree with PlasmaHam here. THere is no need to understand the opposite gender.Me i am really energetic and constantly moving around alot. i really don't act my age and I tend to find something to enteratin myself. :flapper:

13 hours ago, PlasmaHam said:

@Boogles Nice double post here

Yep, I totally don't feel awkward posting here with that comment.:unsure:

I've said it so many times, you simply cannot understand the opposite gender, so don't try. You will just get more lost. High-school boys, especially when around other boys, are naturally more active and rambunctious than girls of their age. If you want them to quiet down, I suggest you just ask them to stop talking and moving so much. 

My computer locked up. XP 

And I said "can be", not "are". My goal wasn't to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I'm speaking from my personal experiences.  Working retail, a good 75% of the high-school boys I've had as co-workers were really, really dumb. No common sense, no filter, a weird obsession with farting...
 Not all though. I know some others who are decent fellows with manners and such and I applaud their behavior. ^_^   

Edited by Boogles

1 hour ago, Boogles said:

My computer locked up. XP 

And I said "can be", not "are". My goal wasn't to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I'm speaking from my personal experiences.  Working retail, a good 75% of the high-school boys I've had as co-workers were really, really dumb. No common sense, no filter, a weird obsession with farting...
 Not all though. I know some others who are decent fellows with manners and such and I applaud their behavior. ^_^   

lol.... other than that girls are more mature then boys but I in fact am not mature.

I actually understand high school boys, at least in my school. If they say things that make you uncomfortable, even if they're only vaguely inappropriate or sexual, tell a teacher or guidance counselor. Nip it in the bud!

19 hours ago, Boogles said:

I cannot speak for all people, and i certainly can't speak for boys, but I myself am a wiggle worm. I bounce my legs, stretch, twist, bounce, wriggle to get comfy, all in about the time span of 30 seconds. 

Alot of younger boys tend to be more energetic, hence the wiggling. Perhaps the slap sound of their butt amuses them? younger males can be such simple creatures. XD 

If they're making you uncomfortable, you can always ask them what they're saying or inform them that the noises they're making are distracting and politely ask them to calm it down. 

Inside jokes? I dunno, you kind of have to be inside to get it, though, given that this is the high school section, the conversation is probably about one of the following topics: females, male genitalia and related jokes, memes, things for shock effect, or butts.

I had a feeling the boys were probably talking about those topics. I was always curious though

-Mandy :D

I had boys as friends in my school and they can be really lates say annoying. They does things that annoys people and they can be really immature. 

When I was at a special school, for those that don't fit into normal schools, hence it was a private school, I met some interesting people there... The males stuck with groups and gangs, inside jokes, etc, and never let anyone in, they were hard to commune with and were very very inappropriate, lacked manners and politeness, etc, but knew their place. The girls were similar, would walk around in packs it seemed like, and ignoring everything around them that didn't matter, a gossip friendly school, really, if someone was rumored to have done something out of the ordinary, it'd be less than a week before everyone in the school knew about it, including the anti-social type. Males, (I cannot speak for females), when teenage, have major hormonal problems as well, as they are developing, and still testing to see how people respond to different topics and jokes. Ignoring them is your best chance for social survival, if they are annoying, tell the teacher, or ask them to stop, simple as that. XD

As for myself, I am an anti-social person, all I would do is watch others, listen to what they were saying, and make a witty comment now and then, with no real friends, I found enjoyment in listening to others, it was depressive at times, perhaps lonely, but I could deal with it quite well. I hated disruptions though, I could never imagine myself being an annoying little rat XD.

On 1/27/2017 at 1:42 AM, Sir Will said:

As for myself, I am an anti-social person, all I would do is watch others, listen to what they were saying, and make a witty comment now and then, with no real friends, I found enjoyment in listening to others, it was depressive at times, perhaps lonely, but I could deal with it quite well. I hated disruptions though, I could never imagine myself being an annoying little rat XD.

On 1/27/2017 at 1:40 AM, Sir Will said:

When I was at a special school, for those that don't fit into normal schools, hence it was a private school, I met some interesting people there... The males stuck with groups and gangs, inside jokes, etc, and never let anyone in, they were hard to commune with and were very very inappropriate, lacked manners and politeness, etc, but knew their place. The girls were similar, would walk around in packs it seemed like, and ignoring everything around them that didn't matter, a gossip friendly school, really, if someone was rumored to have done something out of the ordinary, it'd be less than a week before everyone in the school knew about it, including the anti-social type. Males, (I cannot speak for females), when teenage, have major hormonal problems as well, as they are developing, and still testing to see how people respond to different topics and jokes. Ignoring them is your best chance for social survival, if they are annoying, tell the teacher, or ask them to stop, simple as that. XD

Thanks for the suggestions ill keep that in mind