jillbcs

Relationships/crushes

So I met this guy on the internet about 6 months ago (99% he's not a serial killer or faking his identity) and he lives in morocco... We like each other, but it's definitely a big issue for me that he's muslim, and obviously it would be really hard to carry on a relationship since he lives across the planet... so honestly, any advice from any angle would help me cause I feel like we are kind of floating, if that makes sense..

Edited by jillbcs

Long distance internet relationships rarely work especially when there are large barriers like differences in values or immigration laws.

Try to find someone irl who you are interested in.

On 12/22/2016 at 6:34 PM, Zabby said:

Long distance internet relationships rarely work especially when there are large barriers like differences in values or immigration laws.

Try to find someone irl who you are interested in.

Preach. I've had 2 that failed and I'm done trying. 

The religions are far too different to be compatible. The way Islam says women are to be treated and how Jesus wants women to be treated are as different as night and day. The religions have differing morals and ideals. Unless one of you converts and becomes a citizen of the other country, there's a very tiny chance of it working out.  I would break it off and either do as Zabby suggested  or try to find a Christian stateside.