Yoda

Rank the 2016 films

As per prior years, rank the films you saw that were released in 2016.

It's fine if you didn't see them in cinema and instead watched the DVD or whatever.

This is my list: 

Dr Strange, X-Men Apocalypse, Captain America Civil War, Deadpool, The Jungle Book, Independence Day: Resurgence, Kubo and the Two Strings, Rogue One, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV, Inferno

I'll post rankings and short comments after this post. At the moment at least, my favourite film was Kubo and the Two Strings. 

I saw so many movies this year that it's hard to remember all of them. But, The 5 that I remember the most are...

Nocturnal Animals (This Movie is easily the best movie I've seen all year. Gut-wrenching, heart-stopping, eye-watering brilliance.)

Storks (Completely different than the above. This movie is the funniest movie I've seen in ages.)

Batman v. Superman (Or as I like to call it, The Wonder Woman epilogue)

Kubo and the Two Strings (Not only is it beautiful, it's heart touching also.)

Blair Witch (It actually scared me. Like, seriously. I jumped. I don't jump in horror movies.)

So here is my ranked list:

The good/great:

1) Kubo and the Two Strings: The story didn't always make sense but this was still a great and really emotional movie. Plus it was really beautiful. It didn't do well at the box office so you should all go and buy the DVD/blu ray. :P

2) The Jungle Book: Great and beautiful film with cool action scenes and a threatening villain. 

3) Captain America: Civil War: Perhaps not as good as Winter Soldier but still one of my favourite MCU films. 

4) Rogue One: This film got better on a 2nd viewing. I liked the two leads and the climax was really good even though we could guess what would happen. The first part was a bit messy though and I wish it had the opening title crawl/Star Wars theme.

The OK:

4) Dr Strange - OK, but I found it a bit hard to understand sometimes. 

5) Inferno - A bit underrated? It's not great or worth watching, but it's not as bad as critics thought.

The Bad:

6) Independence day: Resurgence: Do you remember this film? No, ok, moving on...

7) Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice: There were some good things (I liked Batman), but they were overshadowed by the huge problems. Such as the lame story, being too crowded, ridiculously over-the-top villain, and the reason why Batman and Superman stop fighting is one of the most bizarre things I've seen. 

8) Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV: I had low expectations because it was a limited-release film based on a video game. It ended up being better than I thought, but still a bad movie. The CG was surprisingly good though.

9) X-Men Apocalypse: Great performances from Xavier and Magneto, but a lame and over crowded story. Plus the villain was very weak and we got a clearly phoned-in performance by Jennifer Lawrence.

10) Deadpool: I understand lots of people liked this film. But it was too family-unfriendly for me. 

13 hours ago, Yoda said:

So here is my ranked list:

The good/great:

1) Kubo and the Two Strings: The story didn't always make sense but this was still a great and really emotional movie. Plus it was really beautiful. It didn't do well at the box office so you should all go and buy the DVD/blu ray. :P

2) The Jungle Book: Great and beautiful film with cool action scenes and a threatening villain. 

3) Captain America: Civil War: Perhaps not as good as Winter Soldier but still one of my favourite MCU films. 

4) Rogue One: This film got better on a 2nd viewing. I liked the two leads and the climax was really good even though we could guess what would happen. The first part was a bit messy though and I wish it had the opening title crawl/Star Wars theme.

The OK:

4) Dr Strange - OK, but I found it a bit hard to understand sometimes. 

5) Inferno - A bit underrated? It's not great or worth watching, but it's not as bad as critics thought.

The Bad:

6) Independence day: Resurgence: Do you remember this film? No, ok, moving on...

7) Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice: There were some good things (I liked Batman), but they were overshadowed by the huge problems. Such as the lame story, being too crowded, ridiculously over-the-top villain, and the reason why Batman and Superman stop fighting is one of the most bizarre things I've seen. 

8) Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV: I had low expectations because it was a limited-release film based on a video game. It ended up being better than I thought, but still a bad movie. The CG was surprisingly good though.

9) X-Men Apocalypse: Great performances from Xavier and Magneto, but a lame and over crowded story. Plus the villain was very weak and we got a clearly phoned-in performance by Jennifer Lawrence.

10) Deadpool: I understand lots of people liked this film. But it was too family-unfriendly for me. 

Kubo and the Two Strings is a great but sad movie and i want to see the new star war movie.

The Good:

The Jungle Book- I loved this movie. It was an excellent adaptation from the animated movie. The songs they included were well done, and I thoroughly enjoyed the film. 

Finding Dory- i don't care that I'm almost 30, I love my Pixar movies. Obviously it's not as good as the original, but it was cute, and all uplifting. 

Doctor Strange- Loved the story. There's a lot going on, but if you give it a second watch, it is fantastic. 

The Alright:

Captain America: Civil War- Very enjoyable, but felt somewhat rushed, like they tried to do too much with too little time. I like the story, but I felt like they didn't fully do it justice. They could have spent a little more time exploring Ironman's position and character development, instead of just pegging him as the bad guy. 

Deadpool- I enjoyed Deadpool. It's not at all family friendly, though the comics aren't either, and this was made very clear when the movie was released. Unfortunately, many people didn't heed the warnings. 

Star Trek Beyond- Enjoyable, not great, but certainly enjoyable. 

The Not-so-good:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice- Eh. It was awkward to watch. Though I will say that I LOVED Jeremy Irons as Alfred. That voice will always bring Scar to mind, making Alfred even better. 

Xmen: Apocalypse- Much like Civil War, they put too much into one story, it felt rushed and crowded, and i just didn't enjoy it. 

Bad Moms- Really crass, 'nuff said.