CalwaOlor

Hello, Everyone!

Hi everyone, I'm CalwaOlor. I'm a 16 year old girl, hailing from the True North (Canada, that is). I'm in Grade 11 at a private Christian school, and was homeschooled from Grades 3 to 8. I have a love of video games, books, and anime. Travelling too. 

If it wasn't obvious from the fact that I go to a Christian school, I am indeed a Christian. Non-denominational, my church leans more towards the Pentecostal side of things. It's a very small church, and I'm pretty much the only one there my age. Hence why I joined the forums.

I hope to have a pleasant time here, who knows how long I'll stick around. :)

HIIII!!!!! nice to meet you! my name Is Michi. I am a pentecostal christian and am 18 years old. I also love anime, video games, reading books and drawing. Welcome TO CRF! hope we can get to know each other and be freinds!

Nice to meet you, Michi! What kinds of anime/video games are you into? I prefer shounens, FMA:B and Cowboy Bebop are probably my favourites so far. I just started Psycho Pass last night.

In terms of video games, I like RPGs for the most part. TES is my favourite series of all time, and I'm playing Morrowind at the moment. I'm also quite fond of Um Jammer Lammy, though it's doubtful you actually know what that is. :)

5 hours ago, CalwaOlor said:

Hi everyone, I'm CalwaOlor. I'm a 16 year old girl, hailing from the True North (Canada, that is). I'm in Grade 11 at a private Christian school, and was homeschooled from Grades 3 to 8. I have a love of video games, books, and anime. Travelling too. 

If it wasn't obvious from the fact that I go to a Christian school, I am indeed a Christian. Non-denominational, my church leans more towards the Pentecostal side of things. It's a very small church, and I'm pretty much the only one there my age. Hence why I joined the forums.

I hope to have a pleasant time here, who knows how long I'll stick around. :) 

hello, i am 15 and still homeschooled in the wilds of alaska!  (grade 10)

i go to a antiochian orthodox church that is really small, so that is why i joined this forum as well. if you have any good book recomendations i would love to hear it, by the way! i like debate and enjoy finding the "perfect argument". i also am in to language and travel, i already know english german and quite a bit of mandarin chinese:)

hope to see you around the forum.

Nice to hear from you, OrthodoxWilderness! I'd be happy to talk about books with you, if you tell me what genres you like. My favourite genres are probably Sci-Fi and Fantasy, and my favourite authors are Gail Carson Levine and George Orwell.

You're ahead of me quite a bit on the languages. :) I'm taking French in school, but I'd love to learn Japanese at some point.

i looked up those authors, and they look very interesting! i have been reading the galactic mage by john daulton and the books by larry coreia.

both of them focus on the blend of sci-fi and fantasy. for instance the galactic mage is about a alien race of "humans" that posses a mythothalamus (extra gland in their brain) that allows them to control "mana" which is a energy that floats everywhere. its really cool!

That sounds super interesting. I'll have to look into it! I'm not sure if I've ever read any Sci-Fi/Fantasy blends (though there's the good chance that I have and just don't remember).

yeah, come to think about it, even though i have always been more interested in fantasy, (because you do not need to spend any time argueing how you warp core works, all you have to do is say "the elf wiggled his fingers" and that is perfectly fine!) i find myself reading almost ALL sci-fi fantasy blends, like a while ago i read the weyrs of pern book series, and that is about a bunch of humans who go to a alien planet and bio-engineer dragons to fight a alien worm that kills organic life... but over the centuries the humans forgot about their technology and relied on the dragons for transport and offense... i should probably try to read something else.

Hey! My name is Reed, I'm 17 (I'm in 11th grade) and live in Virginia. I'm new to this site and I read through this thread and thought "I found my people". I too am big on video games, manga, and anime. I love fantasy adventures and most things with fantasy stories and elements. I'm also huge on music, I write and record my own stuff and I hope to be a professional one day. My all-time favorite games series are Fire Emblem, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy. I'm currently playing FFX remastered and it's killer :D

21 hours ago, CalwaOlor said:

Nice to meet you, Michi! What kinds of anime/video games are you into? I prefer shounens, FMA:B and Cowboy Bebop are probably my favourites so far. I just started Psycho Pass last night.

In terms of video games, I like RPGs for the most part. TES is my favourite series of all time, and I'm playing Morrowind at the moment. I'm also quite fond of Um Jammer Lammy, though it's doubtful you actually know what that is. :)

Hi CalwaOlor. the anime I had watch  is Fate stay night. tokyo goul, attack of the titans, black butler. Videos  liike to play are old games like Mario and Zelda. and nope don't know what that is.

15 hours ago, Echo12 said:

Hey! My name is Reed, I'm 17 (I'm in 11th grade) and live in Virginia. I'm new to this site and I read through this thread and thought "I found my people". I too am big on video games, manga, and anime. I love fantasy adventures and most things with fantasy stories and elements. I'm also huge on music, I write and record my own stuff and I hope to be a professional one day. My all-time favorite games series are Fire Emblem, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy. I'm currently playing FFX remastered and it's killer :D

\/\/007!!!! glad to meet you, hope you can hang around :)

On 1/3/2017 at 11:57 PM, Echo12 said:

hi reed! nice to meet you. my name is Michi. WELCOME TO CTF

Hi there, Reed! I'd love to talk with you about anime, video games, books, or music whenever. You seem really cool. :)

On 1/4/2017 at 9:33 AM, Michi said:

Hi CalwaOlor. the anime I had watch  is Fate stay night. tokyo goul, attack of the titans, black butler. Videos  liike to play are old games like Mario and Zelda. and nope don't know what that is.

I've never seen any of those anime except a bit of AOT. I've heard lots of good things about Tokyo Ghoul, though. I've never been too much of a Nintendo gamer, but old games are super cool. I played some original Mario just this past Christmas break, and it was fun (though difficult :)).

2 hours ago, CalwaOlor said:

Hi there, Reed! I'd love to talk with you about anime, video games, books, or music whenever. You seem really cool. :)

I've never seen any of those anime except a bit of AOT. I've heard lots of good things about Tokyo Ghoul, though. I've never been too much of a Nintendo gamer, but old games are super cool. I played some original Mario just this past Christmas break, and it was fun (though difficult :)).

ive seen like, the first two episodes of tokyo goul and im not sure what to think... the whole "should i eat human flesh or not" moral dilemma kind of seemed off to me, i mean maybe it gets better, but i personally am not a big fan.

1 minute ago, CalwaOlor said:

Oh, yay! I was wondering if anyone would get it. :)

FMA:B is my jam when it comes to anime. SGT Frog is a close second, because SGT. Frog is amusingly dumb.

Welcome to CTF. 

On 1/7/2017 at 0:50 PM, CalwaOlor said:

you should continue watching AoT! itis pretty awesome! and mario games can be challanging sometimes but not all the time.