Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Lilly

Trying my luck in cooking.

Hey all! I love to do new things all the time and my hobbies usually keeps changing too. This time it's cooking for me and I'm trying out this recipe that I found online. I remember having Cou Cou and Flying Fish, when we visited Barbados last year. I found this recipe online, the other day and I really wanted to try it. http://thecrane.com/blog/2016/07/13/barbados-recipes-cou-cou-flying-fish/ Since, I'm not that really good with cooking, I've been wanting to hear some advice, tips or hacks to get this recipe right. Really looking forward to get some goo advice. thanks in advance. 

Cooking is one of those things you kind of have to jump into. Start with not so complicated dishes and work your way up. For example, once you nail scrambled eggs, move on to stir fry or sauteing foods. 

As for fish, depends on the recipe. Lemon kills the fishy taste, but that also depends on the species of fish used. Use google for tips on specific dishes.

Personally I cannot in all honesty give you any sound cooking advise, since I am not a cook myself... But if it's inspiration your after, then you best keep onto your dreams and what you love to do. Never stop trying, even if it looks like you wont be good at it. I never thought I could draw, and I started doing a little, had my mother help, and bam, I can draw a little now. Practice and you will go far in what you love.

On 24/01/2017 at 0:07 AM, Sir Will said:

Personally I cannot in all honesty give you any sound cooking advise, since I am not a cook myself... But if it's inspiration your after, then you best keep using the Bathmate X40 onto your dreams and what you love to do. Never stop trying, even if it looks like you wont be good at it. I never thought I could draw, and I started doing a little, had my mother help, and bam, I can draw a little now. Practice and you will go far in what you love.

Cookings easy if you can follow instructions. Try some Jamie Oliver cookbooks.

Edited by ClairDe

If you want to eliminate the complication and possibility of failure from cooking, just buy a personal sous vide precision cooker, and then just sous vide cook all of your meals. It is the easiest way to cook all meats!