Sir Will

Question of a Dating Matter.

So, hello!

I personally am feeling fairly content without a female partner(being straight), in my life so far, which is nothing significant for my age... But, I can't help but occasionally feel the need for that kind of relationship, someone closer than a friend to talk to and commune with. I'm not a very outgoing and social person, though, so that makes that difficult. I personally have felt recently I could just go without for a while, and hope after a couple years some lass comes along... I also am not sure I am entirely capable of /having/ a partner of that sort, I am capable of keeping good friendships, so why wouldn't I be able to have a good relationship with a female partner?(Setting aside the fact that a female partner will want things you wouldn't give or say to your friends)

I'm simply curious on what people on this forum would say and respond to my situation with. In the past, I've just been told by family and such to just be patient and wait until a time comes along that you can find someone, but that's not a very satisfying answer. I don't go to a school outside, since I am online schooled, and I don't go to a youth group very often, so that limits my chances there... Any suggestions?

Well the first step of dating is generally to be in reasonable physical proximity to folks you may be interested in so if your schooled online and don't hit up a youth group maybe try some other sort of group where you can meet folks. 

Other than that just be conversational, make sure you smell decent, and hope for the best. 

Well said, although I do already personally know the general mechanics of such a thing... I was considering long distance as well. Hygiene, Personality, Attitude(Somewhat apart of personality), etc, are all things I take serious note of.

My substance as a male partner is nothing to be ashamed of, I am someone with strong values, confidence, intelligence, and a balanced mixture of pride, self-esteem, and humility, perhaps more humility in the open than on the internet though. I'm more worried about opportunities, and my lack of them, haha.

15 hours ago, Sir Will said:

Well said, although I do already personally know the general mechanics of such a thing... I was considering long distance as well. Hygiene, Personality, Attitude(Somewhat apart of personality), etc, are all things I take serious note of.

If you do LDR, do yourself and her a favor and meet her in person ASAP. Nothing worse than being strung along in an LDR without an opportunity to make sure you actually jive are really feeling for each other, rather than being in love with an online facade. Happened to me. Twas yucky. 0/10 will not do again.

Get out more is all I can say. Even if your "romance" pool doesn't increase, you get strengthened by other believers. Win.

You look like a funny person! Like, desperate for that "special one". My advice is to be calm,and learn more about who God has made you. I've been reading through your posts and profile, and you greatly resemble the me of three years ago - the philosophy stuff and all of that. And my advice really works! Devote yourself to learning about YOU,through God's lens, and your entire life will be straightened out.

PS. I'm available! Lols...

I'd suggest to go out more, volunteer and find some female friends. and just remember to be yourself (its kinda cheesy but true, cuz thats the only way someones going to know you)

or Davida :thumbup: 

-Mandy

OR you just wait until God brings you the right person. My older sister have been dating the wrong person. She finally found someone good and my family and i love him and they will be getting married soon.

Hi I'm in online school too,You'll meet some one ,if it's in gods plan for you. I'm only 18 and I already think (really stress) about this because you don't know what the future holds relationship wise,etc..just gotta have faith it'll all happen when suppose to I guess.