Well, personally, I think the way it is done could be much better, as to stop the development of life before it has a chance to develop, rather than wait for it to develop and murder it in cold blood. A fetus of a human is still a human, is the way I see it, and should be treated as such, with a right to life. You must pick your side, the side of what is moral, or the side of choice? If you are FOR abortion, it's most likely because you want the woman to have a choice... This is a good argument, but how far would you be willing to back that? A woman can always simply give the baby away, rather than apply to murder it before it's born. I don't think abortion is a righteous thing, is it a democratic and liberal thing? Yes. Personally, I align myself with what is righteous, not what makes the people most comfortable.

If fascism was righteous I'd support it, is the way I see it. (There are some falangist groups with some fairly righteous ideals, though, also very unrighteous, so I don't really know if I'd be inclined to support anything like that, in the mean time, I'm against it, but, anyways, that's for another time.) I try to remain open minded, but if it's simply immoral, than it's simply immoral, although what we define as immoral is up to us. Is it more immoral to allow a woman who's been raped to have to suffer and bare child as an extra salt on her wounds? Or is it more immoral to slaughter the fetus before it's capable of comprehending, thus cancelling it's right to life. That choice is up to others, hence, democracy.

Personally, my vote is anti-abortion, but that doesn't mean I want women to suffer either, I would hope we can find a peaceful and easy compromise, that involves saving the child, or not allowing a child to gain life in the first place (like using drugs or finding a way to block her from developing the fetus), or similar alternatives, but for the mean time with what I do know, I am anti-abortion. Hope any of this helps! Keep open minded, and do take what I say with a grain of salt.

In all fairness without reading the article i think that Abortion is BIG NO. 

I feel like its the same as murder, your taking away someones else's life.

But in another side i can see how some people get well r***** and so they'd want one because it was never in their plans but still i feel like it should be illegal. the kids should be put in an adoption center or something you cant just take someones life when they haven't even started yet.:sad:

-Mandy :D 

Absolutely true, and, as much as I think Mike Pence is kinda cool, patriotic man, I am not big on reading the article at the moment, maybe later. I agree with Mandy that the choice isn't the mothers to make, it is not 'apart of her body', it's a separate entity. That's like saying when a baby suckles it's mother, it's apart of the mom now, or that when I eat food, I become apart of the food I eat, no, the food becomes apart of me, XD. Same with the fetus, it isn't apart of the mother, it is a separate entity, using their parent as a vessel and a method of acquiring resources... It is it's own being, and an 'abortion' is destroying that life.

See, if life was easy, I'd be right along with you, Mandy and SirWill.

However, because because sin and situations such as rape and incest occur, I can't say I'm 100% against abortion.  In situations where a woman is raped or a pre-teen is assaulted by a family member and they become pregnant, why should they have carry to term something that shouldn't have happened in the first place? Why are they left with the burden of their attacker? He gets a cheap thrill, a power rush and she gets 9 months of pregnancy for a child she never wanted, or she's just a child herself. 

I've wrestled with this idea off and on for years and I just can't bring myself to label all situations with a "NO". I understand how a human fetus has a heartbeat at like what... 16 weeks? I get that the baby is fully human, I grew up in the pro-life "community", I've seen every pro-life argument ever thrown by anyone.

I will say that abortion isn't some "get out motherhood free!" card women should be tossing around willy-nilly. I don't see abortion as a casual form of birth control.  We have condoms, diaphragms, pills, creams, timing and cycle tracking. All of these are proven, pretty effective (like for real, don't bang during fertile times and you're going to be okay) methods of preventing conception in the first place. Women do have a choice. Choose a birth control method. There are many to pick from.   
Abortion should only be used in extreme situations. Making it illegal will only cause more back alley botch jobs and cause more death. They tried to ban alcohol, remember? We all know how THAT ended. 

Also, I recently learned that if every church in the US had ONE family who adopted a child, our orphanages and foster care system wouldn't need to operate any longer. Wanna be pro-life? Adopt kiddos.  Otherwise you're just pro-birth of babies. Kiddos need love to grow into healthy, functioning members of society.  I'm not just pro-birth, I'm pro-all of life. I plan on adopting as soon as I'm financially stable. :)

I completely agree with Boogles. Abortion is right when the woman will be adversely affected both physically and mentally. I believe that if an act of crime,eg.rape occurs, the state should allow the woman to choose. Also, if it is detected during the term of pregnancy that the child cannot survive or will endanger the mother's health. In that respect, I'm both pro life and pro choice.

20 hours ago, Sir Will said:

Well, personally, I think the way it is done could be much better, as to stop the development of life before it has a chance to develop, rather than wait for it to develop and murder it in cold blood. A fetus of a human is still a human, is the way I see it, and should be treated as such, with a right to life. You must pick your side, the side of what is moral, or the side of choice? If you are FOR abortion, it's most likely because you want the woman to have a choice... This is a good argument, but how far would you be willing to back that? A woman can always simply give the baby away, rather than apply to murder it before it's born. I don't think abortion is a righteous thing, is it a democratic and liberal thing? Yes. Personally, I align myself with what is righteous, not what makes the people most comfortable.

If fascism was righteous I'd support it, is the way I see it. (There are some falangist groups with some fairly righteous ideals, though, also very unrighteous, so I don't really know if I'd be inclined to support anything like that, in the mean time, I'm against it, but, anyways, that's for another time.) I try to remain open minded, but if it's simply immoral, than it's simply immoral, although what we define as immoral is up to us. Is it more immoral to allow a woman who's been raped to have to suffer and bare child as an extra salt on her wounds? Or is it more immoral to slaughter the fetus before it's capable of comprehending, thus cancelling it's right to life. That choice is up to others, hence, democracy.

Personally, my vote is anti-abortion, but that doesn't mean I want women to suffer either, I would hope we can find a peaceful and easy compromise, that involves saving the child, or not allowing a child to gain life in the first place (like using drugs or finding a way to block her from developing the fetus), or similar alternatives, but for the mean time with what I do know, I am anti-abortion. Hope any of this helps! Keep open minded, and do take what I say with a grain of salt.

I don't quite understand the first part though. How do you stop it even before the child develops? If we could, then it wouldn't be called abortion anymore. The soul and heart of abortion is to take a fetus life away without even giving it a chance to see the world. I absolutely agree with you that we must align with what is righteous and definitely - righteousness is often out of our comfort zone as we are already soaked in this world full of sin that gives easy way out. Your reply brings more discussion to the table, really good stuff. 

14 hours ago, MandySCOtt said:

In all fairness without reading the article i think that Abortion is BIG NO. 

I feel like its the same as murder, your taking away someones else's life.

But in another side i can see how some people get well r***** and so they'd want one because it was never in their plans but still i feel like it should be illegal. the kids should be put in an adoption center or something you cant just take someones life when they haven't even started yet.:sad:

-Mandy :D 

Agree! every child should be given a chance. God will take care of them as He takes care of everyone like his only precious child don't you think so? 

17 hours ago, Boogles said:

See, if life was easy, I'd be right along with you, Mandy and SirWill.

However, because because sin and situations such as rape and incest occur, I can't say I'm 100% against abortion.  In situations where a woman is raped or a pre-teen is assaulted by a family member and they become pregnant, why should they have carry to term something that shouldn't have happened in the first place? Why are they left with the burden of their attacker? He gets a cheap thrill, a power rush and she gets 9 months of pregnancy for a child she never wanted, or she's just a child herself. 

I've wrestled with this idea off and on for years and I just can't bring myself to label all situations with a "NO". I understand how a human fetus has a heartbeat at like what... 16 weeks? I get that the baby is fully human, I grew up in the pro-life "community", I've seen every pro-life argument ever thrown by anyone.

I will say that abortion isn't some "get out motherhood free!" card women should be tossing around willy-nilly. I don't see abortion as a casual form of birth control.  We have condoms, diaphragms, pills, creams, timing and cycle tracking. All of these are proven, pretty effective (like for real, don't bang during fertile times and you're going to be okay) methods of preventing conception in the first place. Women do have a choice. Choose a birth control method. There are many to pick from.   
Abortion should only be used in extreme situations. Making it illegal will only cause more back alley botch jobs and cause more death. They tried to ban alcohol, remember? We all know how THAT ended. 

Also, I recently learned that if every church in the US had ONE family who adopted a child, our orphanages and foster care system wouldn't need to operate any longer. Wanna be pro-life? Adopt kiddos.  Otherwise you're just pro-birth of babies. Kiddos need love to grow into healthy, functioning members of society.  I'm not just pro-birth, I'm pro-all of life. I plan on adopting as soon as I'm financially stable. :)

I agree to most of the extent, except for the when you said I am labeling all of it as a NO, or seemed to assume I was. I am not saying NO to women, I very much want women to be happy and comfortable, but some hard decisions have to be made... Even if she was raped, that is no excuse for murdering a fetus. So what if you carry around some extra weight, gain some hormonal problems, and other various nasty effects? Would you rather just murder something to get rid of them? Of course not, or at least, I would hope so. Of course it's not an easy decision, and of course you'd like to save children and save the female a hardship both, but it's up to you to choose what's more important... Ending the suffering a woman gets from having been raped, or allowing life to live on? I personally say the life is more important.

5 hours ago, raycheal90 said:

I don't quite understand the first part though. How do you stop it even before the child develops? If we could, then it wouldn't be called abortion anymore. The soul and heart of abortion is to take a fetus life away without even giving it a chance to see the world. I absolutely agree with you that we must align with what is righteous and definitely - righteousness is often out of our comfort zone as we are already soaked in this world full of sin that gives easy way out. Your reply brings more discussion to the table, really good stuff. 

What I meant was, if there's any way to get it before we are forced to bring abortion to the table, that is where I want my support to go. Stopping it from developing in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Sir Will said:

What I meant was, if there's any way to get it before we are forced to bring abortion to the table, that is where I want my support to go. Stopping it from developing in the first place.

Got it! Thank you for the clarification :) 

Just now, raycheal90 said:

Got it! Thank you for the clarification :) 

For sure, and also, when you asked 'Is it ANTI-Christ', well, I am sure there are tons of arguments online that will say there is scripture saying so, there may be, there may not be, but God would not have allowed the fetus to develop if he didn't want it to, see what I mean? God loves all people, including the tincy babies, we should respect and align with God's love for all beings, even if they aren't born yet.

9 hours ago, Sir Will said:

I agree to most of the extent, except for the when you said I am labeling all of it as a NO, or seemed to assume I was. I am not saying NO to women, I very much want women to be happy and comfortable, but some hard decisions have to be made... Even if she was raped, that is no excuse for murdering a fetus. So what if you carry around some extra weight, gain some hormonal problems, and other various nasty effects? Would you rather just murder something to get rid of them? Of course not, or at least, I would hope so. Of course it's not an easy decision, and of course you'd like to save children and save the female a hardship both, but it's up to you to choose what's more important... Ending the suffering a woman gets from having been raped, or allowing life to live on? I personally say the life is more important.

I mis-read you then.

But pregnancy is not just a simple hormonal gain or a nine month long period.  It's not as easy as "oh, just carry it to term." There's a butt-load of pregnancy psychology and human psychology out there. 

We women are wired certain ways and rape and pregnancy all have a huge impact on the human psyche. The physical, spiritual and emotional state of the woman changes. Our bodies are designed to bind emotionally bind to anything, er, any one that enters (thus enforcing the marriage bond and making us not want to just ditch this 7-10lb thing that passed  through our reproductive organs over the course of three days.)  She has a bond to her attacker, which is unhealthy. The emotional trauma of rape compounds and wreaks havoc on many, if not all aspects of the victim's life. Add pregnancy to the mix and you have a smoothie of horribleness.

There are SO many layers to this issue, you can't simply say "carry it!" without being informed of all the implications of either choice.  I'm also aware that abortion can cause depression and make the body behave as though it miscarried. Neither situation is ideal, hence I said abortion is an option in EXTREME cases-- which is where I'm in support of it, in EXTREME cases, rape, incest namely and quite honestly, only. Everything else, teenagers getting jiggy with it, an affair, or a handicap, then I fall under the classic "pro-life" label. As I said in my first post, abortion isn't a "get out of motherhood!" card to be played and should only be considered as an option if the situation is severe.

I'm just not on board with making a rape victim be a mother if she had no desire to be one or if the rapist was related.  I'm also not saying that God can't heal a wound and can't use a baby who came about via rape. I just personally can't be on board with legally forcing the victim to carry to term while the attacker has a brief memory and gets on with his life. The law really needs to stay out of this.

In cases of rape, I generally side with the mother's life ESPECIALLY if it is a case of incest or the mother is under 15 years old. Young bodies typically aren't developed enough to handle pregnancy and shouldn't have to. I also feel that the ball falls in the court of the mother and her family when it comes to deciding the next step. It's not in my place, it's not my ball to carry. 
 If a 13 year old feels better about carrying to term, kudos. If a single 22 year old was attacked, got pregnant and decided to terminate, I'm not going to stop her. 

TLDR; let's get rid of rapists and incestuous people. Let's get these lead these humans to healing before they hurt someone else. Abortion isn't the issue, it's power-tripping, mis-aligned humans. It's sin.

14 hours ago, Boogles said:

I mis-read you then.

But pregnancy is not just a simple hormonal gain or a nine month long period.  It's not as easy as "oh, just carry it to term." There's a butt-load of pregnancy psychology and human psychology out there. 

We women are wired certain ways and rape and pregnancy all have a huge impact on the human psyche. The physical, spiritual and emotional state of the woman changes. Our bodies are designed to bind emotionally bind to anything, er, any one that enters (thus enforcing the marriage bond and making us not want to just ditch this 7-10lb thing that passed  through our reproductive organs over the course of three days.)  She has a bond to her attacker, which is unhealthy. The emotional trauma of rape compounds and wreaks havoc on many, if not all aspects of the victim's life. Add pregnancy to the mix and you have a smoothie of horribleness.

There are SO many layers to this issue, you can't simply say "carry it!" without being informed of all the implications of either choice.  I'm also aware that abortion can cause depression and make the body behave as though it miscarried. Neither situation is ideal, hence I said abortion is an option in EXTREME cases-- which is where I'm in support of it, in EXTREME cases, rape, incest namely and quite honestly, only. Everything else, teenagers getting jiggy with it, an affair, or a handicap, then I fall under the classic "pro-life" label. As I said in my first post, abortion isn't a "get out of motherhood!" card to be played and should only be considered as an option if the situation is severe.

I'm just not on board with making a rape victim be a mother if she had no desire to be one or if the rapist was related.  I'm also not saying that God can't heal a wound and can't use a baby who came about via rape. I just personally can't be on board with legally forcing the victim to carry to term while the attacker has a brief memory and gets on with his life. The law really needs to stay out of this.

In cases of rape, I generally side with the mother's life ESPECIALLY if it is a case of incest or the mother is under 15 years old. Young bodies typically aren't developed enough to handle pregnancy and shouldn't have to. I also feel that the ball falls in the court of the mother and her family when it comes to deciding the next step. It's not in my place, it's not my ball to carry. 
 If a 13 year old feels better about carrying to term, kudos. If a single 22 year old was attacked, got pregnant and decided to terminate, I'm not going to stop her. 

TLDR; let's get rid of rapists and incestuous people. Let's get these lead these humans to healing before they hurt someone else. Abortion isn't the issue, it's power-tripping, mis-aligned humans. It's sin.

You know, I think I agree completely, if not for the fact I value the life of a newborn, just as I do the mother. If she's going to be suffering anyway due to rape, what does getting an abortion due to help her? Stop her from being a mother? Whatever the consequence of the female, it is not an excuse for the murder of a child, period.

Some financial aid and more services should be given to rape victims to help them cope, like an extra thousand dollars a month or something, or a similar help to those who are suffering. But as for the unborn babies... They mustn't die just because the female was raped, it has no control over that, and has the right to live, as is a human right. Why murder someone because of someone else suffering? But, in every other way besides that, I do agree, the mothers definitely will need lots of help, and should be allowed more services, just not the right to murder their unborn baby.

I however don't agree with women having abortion unless they got raped.