New Guy but Old Guy

Hey.

The name's Wesley but I go by Wes. Been a real long time since I've been back to this message board (even though I don't even think they call it that anymore). I was here a while back, sometime in 2005 or 2006, maybe sooner. Formerly known as The H.T. a.k.a KnightStrike a.k.a so many other names I lost track. But, it's been a long couple of years and slowly getting more lonely as time goes on, so I figured I'd come back to my roots and see if I can find some friends and healthy encouragement again. I've recently just come back to seeking Christ and it's been a fantastic journey thus far. Not to say it's without pitfalls and stumbles but God is gracious and His love really is everlasting. 

Just want to thank all of you for your awesome energy and I look forward to all those I have the privilege of meeting. Don't be shy, always looking for new friends so feel free to drop a line or ask for my Facebook if you want to get to know me. This place was always a home to a family for me and hopefully, it's been that to you as well.

God Bless.

Immortal a.k.a Wes

2 minutes ago, Bladesinger said:

Welcome back! I've been here for about a year and a half. I was 5 when you first joined here, so I definitely don't remember you...! Hahaha. But yeah, welcome :)

Well thanks, my friend! Hope you're enjoying it here. It's a lot quieter than I remember but there seems like some real nice people. Always here if you need anything!

Thanks again for the welcome.

Wes

On 2/28/2017 at 0:33 PM, Bladesinger said:

Welcome back! I've been here for about a year and a half. I was 5 when you first joined here, so I definitely don't remember you...! Hahaha. But yeah, welcome :)

YOU WERE 5 IN 2006?! 

holy poop. 

Anyway.

Hi i'm Becky, I joined in 2007 but I was a weird human being then and I'm less weird now. 

9 hours ago, Boogles said:

I was worse than most, combine socially awkward home schooler stereotype with a hippie and a village kook. That was 16 year old Becky.

What was your old username, Becky?

I swear we had some run-ins back in the day in like Food Fight or one of the photo threads. 

On 3/2/2017 at 7:02 PM, immortalbelief said:

What was your old username, Becky?

I swear we had some run-ins back in the day in like Food Fight or one of the photo threads. 

*points at current username* That. I could think of nothing better in the past decade.   Now I could, but there's really no point. 

We probably did. I spammed the crap out of food fight, bored, chat room, roleplay and games when I first started. 

On 3/2/2017 at 0:27 PM, Bladesinger said:

Well, I mean he said '05/'06 and I was born in January 2000, so... yeah. Haha

You will never know the hilarity of the Y2K paranoia, the struggle of trying to stuff a Walkman CD player into your pocket. You will never know how it felt to have a Motorola razr and be the coolest person amongst your friends.  You never lived with dial up. 
I pity thee, millennial. I pity thee. 

4 hours ago, Boogles said:

You will never know the hilarity of the Y2K paranoia, the struggle of trying to stuff a Walkman CD player into your pocket. You will never know how it felt to have a Motorola razr and be the coolest person amongst your friends.  You never lived with dial up. 
I pity thee, millennial. I pity thee. 

You're right... Y2K, from what I've heard, does sound pretty hilarious. I'd guess it was akin to the 2012 Mayan Calendar Doomsday thing... which was similarly laughable. BUT in fourth grade I won a walkman from my teacher and I used it a lot! ...That is, until it broke.

Anyway, sorry for going off-topic. I've hastily crafted a greeting card for Wesley. I hope you like it, Wes!

wesley's greeting card.png

On 3/3/2017 at 8:35 PM, Bladesinger said:

You're right... Y2K, from what I've heard, does sound pretty hilarious. I'd guess it was akin to the 2012 Mayan Calendar Doomsday thing... which was similarly laughable. BUT in fourth grade I won a walkman from my teacher and I used it a lot! ...That is, until it broke.

Anyway, sorry for going off-topic. I've hastily crafted a greeting card for Wesley. I hope you like it, Wes!

wesley's greeting card.png

Haha, you are the real MVP, my dude. 

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Anyone who remembers the Star Wars RPG's, in the words of today's rhetoric...it was lit.

• 1 month later...