Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cgaviria

The Second Coming, the Trumpet Blasts, the Bowls of Wrath, and Inheriting the Earth

Jesus Christ is he who opens the seven seals of Revelation,

Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals." (Revelation 5:5 [NIV])

He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. (Revelation 5:7 [NIV])

And they sang a new song with these words: "You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it. For you were slaughtered, and your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. (Revelation 5:9 [NLT])

In a loud voice they were saying: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" (Revelation 5:12 [NIV])

I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" (Revelation 6:1 [NIV])

He began to open the seals after his resurrection and ascension to heaven, because that is the time he became exalted to sit at the right hand of God,

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, (Philippians 2:9 [NIV])

Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. (Romans 8:34 [ESV])

And so, each seal up to this portion of the sixth seal of Revelation,

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. (Revelation 6:12-13 [NIV])

Have already been opened and fulfilled, in which case the great earthquake occurred in 1755 in Lisbon, Portugal. Then the sun turned black and the moon turned red as blood in 1780 as witnessed over New England, which coincides with this other prophecy,

The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD. (Joel 2:31 [NIV])

Then the stars fell to earth in 1833 as the great meteor shower witnessed in North America, which coincides with these other prophecies,

The stars will fall from the sky like withered leaves from a grapevine, or shriveled figs from a fig tree.
(Isaiah 34:4 [NLT])

Immediately after the distress of those days... the stars will fall from the sky...
(Matthew 24:29 [NIV])

But in those days, following that distress... the stars will fall from the sky... (Mark 13:24-25 [NIV])

And so, this remaining portion of the sixth seal remains to be fulfilled,

The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?" (Revelation 6:14-17 [NIV])

Which coincides with these other prophecies,

...And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll... (Isaiah 34:4 [NAS1977])

But shall come the day of the Lord as a thief in the night, in which the heavens by a loud noise shall pass away... (2 Peter 3:10 [ABP])

Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the LORD Almighty, in the day of his burning anger. (Isaiah 13:13 [NIV])

"Immediately after the anguish of those days... the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
(Matthew 24:29 [NLT])

"At that time, after the anguish of those days...the powers in the heavens will be shaken.(Mark 13:24-25 [NLT])

Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains would tremble before you! (Isaiah 64:1 [NIV])

The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. (Ezekiel 38:20 [NIV])

And on whichever day this portion of the sixth seal happens, which is when the "heavens are rolled up like a scroll", or the "heavens will disappear with a roaring sound", or the "heavens are bowed" is when Jesus Christ will descend,

Then the earth shook and quaked; And the foundations of the mountains were trembling And were shaken, because He was angry... He bowed the heavens also, and came down With thick darkness under His feet. (Psalm 18:7-9 [NASB])

Bow Your heavens, O LORD, and come down... (Psalm 144:5 [NASB])

Hence why men will hide in the caves of the earth, to try to hide from Jesus Christ when he descends on the earth at his second coming, which is also the "Day of the Lord",

Men will go into caves of the rocks And into holes of the ground Before the terror of the LORD And the splendor of His majesty, When He arises to make the earth tremble. In that day men will cast away to the moles and the bats Their idols of silver and their idols of gold, Which they made for themselves to worship, In order to go into the caverns of the rocks and the clefts of the cliffs Before the terror of the LORD and the splendor of His majesty, When He arises to make the earth tremble. (Isaiah 2:19-21 [NASB])

But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief. On that day the heavens will disappear with a roaring sound... (2 Peter 3:10 [ISV])

And then the seventh and final seal will be opened shortly thereafter, which are the seven trumpets of Revelation,

When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. (Revelation 8:1-2 [NIV])

And so, just as the spring Jewish festivals coincide with the first coming of Jesus Christ and the actual dates of the events they each symbolize, such as Jesus Christ dying on the Passover, Jesus Christ being resurrected on the Festival of First Fruits, and Jesus Christ sending the holy spirit on the Festival of Weeks (Pentecost), so do the Jewish autumn festivals coincide with the second coming of Jesus Christ and the actual dates of the events they each symbolize. As such, the Festival of Trumpets,

“‘On the first day of the seventh month hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. It is a day for you to sound the trumpets. (Numbers 29:1 [NIV])

Coincide with the seven trumpets of Revelation, and the first trumpet will be sounded within the dates of the Festival of Trumpets,

The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up. (Revelation 8:7 [NIV])

Which happens shortly after his second coming, since his coming is also associated with the sound of trumpets,

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God... (1 Thessalonians 4:16 [NIV])

Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven... with a loud trumpet call...(Matthew 24:30 [NIV])

And the first trumpet coincides with these prophecies,

“And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. (Joel 2:30 [ESV])

I will execute judgment on him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. (Ezekiel 38:22 [NIV])

Smoke rose from his nostrils; consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it... He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds were under his feet... Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced, with hailstones and bolts of lightning. (Psalm 18:8-12 [NIV])

And the LORD will cause his majestic voice to be heard and the descending blow of his arm to be seen, in furious anger and a flame of devouring fire, with a cloudburst and storm and hailstones. (Isaiah 30:30 [ESV])

Then the second trumpet will be sounded,

The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. A third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. (Revelation 8:8 [ESV]) 

Followed by the third trumpet,

The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter. (Revelation 8:10-11 [ESV])

Which coincides with these prophecies,

"Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets, 'Behold, I am going to feed them wormwood And make them drink poisonous water, For from the prophets of Jerusalem Pollution has gone forth into all the land.'" (Jeremiah 23:15 [NASB])

Why do we sit still? Gather together; let us go into the fortified cities and perish there, for the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and has given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against the LORD. (Jeremiah 8:14 [ESV])

therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, "behold, I will feed them, this people, with wormwood and give them poisoned water to drink. (Jeremiah 9:15 [NASB])

Then the fourth trumpet will be sounded,

Then the fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. And there was no light for a third of the day and for a third of the night likewise. (Revelation 8:12 [NETBIBLE])

"Immediately after the anguish of those days, the sun will be darkened, the moon will give no light... (Matthew 24:29 [NLT])

For the stars of heaven and their constellations Will not flash forth their light; The sun will be dark when it rises And the moon will not shed its light. (Isaiah 13:10 [NASB])

Then the moon will be confounded and the sun ashamed, for the LORD of hosts reigns on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and his glory will be before his elders. (Isaiah 24:23 [ESV])

When I blot you out, I will veil the heavens and darken the stars. I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon will not give you its light. (Ezekiel 32:7 [NLT])

...The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars withdraw their shining. (Joel 2:10 [ESV])

The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars withdraw their shining. (Joel 3:15 [EV])

"At that time, after the anguish of those days, the sun will be darkened, the moon will give no light, (Mark 13:24 [NLT])

And the final three trumpets are woes, because they are worse than the preceding trumpets,

As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!" (Revelation 8:13 [NIV])

The fifth trumpet is then sounded, which is the first woe,

The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth... They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer). (Revelation 9:1-11 [NIV])

In which case, the Abyss is an actual place, hence why the demons that spoke to Jesus Christ begged him to not have them thrown there,

And the demons kept begging Jesus not to order them to go into the abyss. (Luke 8:31 [BSB])

The locusts that are in the Abyss symbolize fallen angels that are specifically bound in the Abyss, hence why they are described as,

And the locusts looked like horses prepared for battle, with something like crowns of gold on their heads, and faces like the faces of men. (Revelation 9:7 [BSB])

Because angels resemble the appearance of men,

Then the woman came and told her husband, “A man of God came to me, and his appearance was like the appearance of the angel of God, very awesome. I did not ask him where he was from, and he did not tell me his name, (Judges 13:6 [ESV])

And the crowns of gold symbolize the authority angels have, inclusive of fallen angels,

I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you; nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince.” (Psalm 82:6-7 [ESV])

But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. (Daniel 10:13 [NIV])

in which the god of this eon blinded the thoughts of the unbelieving, so as to not shine forth to them the illumination of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is image of the unseen of God. (2 Corinthians 4:4 [ABP])

Yet likewise also these dreaming ones indeed defile the flesh, and set aside authority, and blaspheme glorious onesBut Michael the archangel, when he was reasoning with the devil, disputing about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring against him a blasphemous judgment, but he said "The Lord rebuke you." But these indeed speak evil of whatever things they have not seen; and whatever things they understand naturally, as the irrational animals, in these things they corrupt themselves. (Jude 1:8-10 [BLB])

And the angels released from the Abyss are the angels mentioned in this passage,

After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits-- (1 Peter 3:19 [NIV])

And also here,

And I remind you of the angels who did not stay within the limits of authority God gave them but left the place where they belonged. God has kept them securely chained in prisons of darkness, waiting for the great day of judgment. (Jude 1:6 [NLT])

And even though they are bound awaiting judgment, they will be released for a short period of five months and permitted to torment men,

They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. (Revelation 9:5 [NIV])

And men will try to seek death, but will not be able to die,

During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them. (Revelation 9:6 [NIV])

Then the sixth trumpet is sounded, which is the second woe,

Then the sixth angel blew his trumpet, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar before God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour, the day, the month, and the year, were released to kill a third of mankind. (Revelation 9:13-15 [ESV])

And four angels that are bound in another location, at the Euphrates river, will be released to command an army of "myriads of myriads" of more fallen angels, since aside from the angels that were bound in the Abyss and released, there exists more fallen angels that are not bound,

For the wrestling is not to us against blood and flesh, but against the sovereignties, against the authorities, against the world rulers of the darkness of this eon, against the spirituals of the wickedness in the heavenlies. (Ephesians 6:12 [ABP])

And the number of the military of the horses -- myriads of myriads; and I heard  their number. (Revelation of John 9:16 [ABP])

Since a third of all angels are fallen,

Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads.
Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth... (Revelation 12:3-4 [NIV])

And aside from the bound angels there were released to torment men, these fallen angels kill a third of mankind, which coincides with this other prophecy,

Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand-- a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness. Like dawn spreading across the mountains a large and mighty army comes, such as never was in ancient times nor ever will be in ages to come. Before them fire devours, behind them a flame blazes. Before them the land is like the garden of Eden, behind them, a desert waste-- nothing escapes them. They have the appearance of horses; they gallop along like cavalry. With a noise like that of chariots they leap over the mountaintops, like a crackling fire consuming stubble, like a mighty army drawn up for battle. At the sight of them, nations are in anguish; every face turns pale. They charge like warriors; they scale walls like soldiers. They all march in line, not swerving from their course. They do not jostle each other; each marches straight ahead. They plunge through defenses without breaking ranks. They rush upon the city; they run along the wall. They climb into the houses; like thieves they enter through the windows. (Joel 2:1-9 [NIV])

Which also relates with the last plague against Egypt, for all the firstborn were killed by fallen angels,

When the LORD goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down. (Exodus 12:23 [NIV])

How he had wrought his signs in Egypt... He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.
(Psalm 78:43-49 [KJV])

And then the seventh trumpet is sounded, which is the final woe,

And the seventh angel trumped. And there were great voice in the heaven, saying, The kingdom of the world is become of our Lord, and  of his Christ, and he shall reign into the eons of the eons. (Revelation of John 11:15 [ABP])

In which case, Jesus Christ will begin to rule on the earth, which is a rulership that will last for a thousand years,

...of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6 [NIV])

And he will rule with a rod of iron. He will begin his rulership by destroying the nations with a series of plagues that come after the trumpet blasts,

Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery." (Psalm 2:8-9 [NIV])

Upon which, on the tenth day after the Festival of Trumpets is the Day of Atonement,

“However, on the tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. It’s a sacred assembly for you. Humble yourselves and bring an offering made by fire to the LORD. You are not to do any work that same day. It’s the Day of Atonement, because your atonement is made in the presence of the LORD your God. Anyone who doesn’t humble himself that same day is to be eliminated from contact with his people. I’ll eliminate anyone who does work that day from among his people. (Leviticus 23:27-30 [ISV])

Where one more trumpet will be sounded,

Then have the trumpet sounded everywhere on the tenth day of the seventh month; on the Day of Atonement sound the trumpet throughout your land.Consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you; each of you is to return to your family property and to your own clan. The fiftieth year shall be a jubilee for you; do not sow and do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the untended vines. (Levitus 25:9-11 [NIV])

Which is the last trumpet spoken of by Paul, where the dead will be resurrected into new bodies, and those who were still alive will be changed into new bodies,

[51] Behold, I speak a mystery to you; we shall not all indeed sleep, but all shall be changed, [52] in an instant, in the blink of an eye, at the last trumpet. For it shall trump, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. [53] For it is necessary this corruption to put on incorruptibility, and this mortal to put on immortality. [54] But whenever this corruptible should have put on incorruptibility, and this mortal should have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the word having been written, Death was swallowed down in victory.
(I Corinthians 15:51-54 [ABP])

"As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance." (Daniel 12:13 [NIV])

Since whoever belongs to Jesus Christ and was alive up until this point in time will not be hurt by any of the trumpets, hence,

You need not fear terror that stalks in the night, the arrow that flies in the day, plague that strikes in the darkness, or calamity that destroys at noon. If a thousand fall at your side or ten thousand at your right hand, it will not overcome you. (Psalm 91:5-7 [ISV])

But the LORD will make a distinction between the livestock of Israel and that of Egypt, so that no animal belonging to the Israelites will die.'" (Exodus 9:4 [NIV])

They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. (Revelation 9:4 [NIV])

And all the elect will be gathered by angels, and taken to meet the Lord in the air,

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 [ESV])

Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. (Matthew 24:30-31 [NIV])

And this is the time that the great harvest begins, where the elect are the first to be reaped by angels,

Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, "Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe." So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested. (Revelation 14:15 [NIV])

I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left." "Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left." (Luke 17:34-36 [NIV])

Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. (Matthew 24:40-41 [NIV])

[38] and the field is the world; and the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the wicked one; [39] and the enemy, the one sowing them is the devil; and the harvest is the completion of the age; and the harvesters are angels. (Matthew 13:38-39 [ABP])

In that day the LORD will thresh from the flowing Euphrates to the Wadi of Egypt, and you, Israel, will be gathered up one by one. And in that day a great trumpet will sound... (Isaiah 27:12-13 [NIV])

He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth. (Isaiah 11:12 [NIV])

And all the elect who are gathered, whether Jew or Gentile, who came to the belief of Jesus Christ, will all be called Israel,

No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person's praise is not from other people, but from God. (Romans 2:29 [NIV])

After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree! I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. (Romans 11:24-26 [NIV])

Which will be the restoration of the kingdom to Israel,

Then they gathered around him and asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" (Acts 1:6 [NIV])

Whose exact number of chosen is revealed as 144,000 people,

Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. (Revelation 7:4 [NIV])

And then a second reaping by angels occurs,

And another angel came out from the altar, the angel who has authority over the fire, and he called with a loud voice to the one who had the sharp sickle, “Put in your sickle and gather the clusters from the vine of the earth, for its grapes are ripe.” So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape harvest of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
 (Revelation 14:18-19 [ESV])

Which corresponds with these prophecies,

Swing the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, trample the grapes, for the winepress is full and the vats overflow-- so great is their wickedness!" (Joel 3:13 [NIV])

Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson? Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? "It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save." Why are your garments red, like those of one treading the winepress? "I have trodden the winepress alone; from the nations no one was with me. I trampled them in my anger and trod them down in my wrath; their blood spattered my garments, and I stained all my clothing. (Isaiah 63:1-3 [NIV])

In which case, the grapes symbolize the people of Israel who never came to the belief of Jesus Christ,

For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are his pleasant planting; and he looked for justice, but behold, bloodshed; for righteousness, but behold, an outcry! (Isaiah 5:7 [ESV])

And they will be snatched by angels and thrown outside Jerusalem to be trampled, and much blood will flow from them being slaughtered,

What more was there to do for my vineyard, that I have not done in it? When I looked for it to yield grapes, why did it yield wild grapes? And now I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard. I will remove its hedge, and it shall be devoured; I will break down its wall, and it shall be trampled down... For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are his pleasant planting; and he looked for justice, but behold, bloodshed; for righteousness, but behold, an outcry!
(Isaiah 5:4-7 [ESV])

And the winepress was trodden outside the city, and blood flowed from the winepress, as high as a horse’s bridle, for 1,600 stadia. (Revelation 14:20 [ESV])

I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. (Ezekiel 32:5-6 [NIV])

Their dead will be left unburied, and the stench of rotting bodies will fill the land. The mountains will flow with their blood. (Isaiah 34:3 [NLT])

Then at the fifteenth day is the Festival of Booths,

"'So beginning with the fifteenth day of the seventh month, after you have gathered the crops of the land, celebrate the festival to the LORD for seven days; the first day is a day of sabbath rest, and the eighth day also is a day of sabbath rest. On the first day you are to take branches from luxuriant trees--from palms, willows and other leafy trees--and rejoice before the LORD your God for seven days. Celebrate this as a festival to the LORD for seven days each year. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come; celebrate it in the seventh month. Live in temporary shelters for seven days: All native-born Israelites are to live in such shelters so your descendants will know that I had the Israelites live in temporary shelters when I brought them out of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.'"(Leviticus 23:39-43 [NIV])

Which will be fulfilled when Jesus Christ and the elect begin to live in an encampment that will exist in Israel, hence why towards the end of the thousand year rulership of Jesus Christ and the elect, the nations will come against this encampment and against Jerusalem,

And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, (Revelation 20:9 [ESV])

Then around this time each of the elect will then begin to receive reward, and also receive different measures of authority to rule all around the world, which relate to these passages,

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5 [NIV])

But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. (Psalm 37:11 [KJV])

(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:5-6 [NIV])

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. (Daniel 12:1-3 [KJV])

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations— that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’ –just as I have received authority from my Father. (Revelation 2:26-27 [NIV])

The one who conquers,I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Revelation 3:21 [ESV])

It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. (Romans 4:13 [NIV])

“As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.” (Daniel 12:13 [NIV])

And the kingdom and the dominion and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High; his kingdom shall be an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.’ (Daniel 7:27 [ESV])

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. (Daniel 2:44 [KJV])

“‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’ “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’ “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’ (Luke 19:17-19 [NIV])

Then the last seven plagues will be poured on the world against the nations,

And one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God, the One living to the ages of the ages. And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from His power; and no one was able to enter into the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed.
 (Revelation 15:7-8 [BLB])

And before these plagues are poured, the elect who were already gathered by angels will sing a song,

And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God and sang the song of God's servant Moses and of the Lamb: "Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the nations. Who will not fear you, Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed." (Revelation 15:2-4 [NIV])

And then the first bowl of wrath will be poured,

The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. (Revelation 16:2 [NIV])

Then the second bowl of wrath is poured,

The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead person, and every living thing in the sea died. (Revelation 16:3 [NIV])

Followed by the third bowl of wrath,

The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. (Revelation 16:4 [NIV])

Followed by the fourth bowl of wrath,

The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. (Revelation 16:8 [NIV])

Followed by the fifth bowl of wrath,

The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done. (Revelation 16:10-11 [NIV])

They will look at the earth and see only distress and gloom. They will go in anguish and be forced into darkness. (Isaiah 8:22 [GODSWORD])

Give glory to the LORD your God before he brings darkness, before your feet stumble on the twilight mountains, and while you look for light he turns it into gloom and makes it deep darkness. (Jeremiah 13:16 [ESV])

Followed by the sixth bowl of wrath,

The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty... And they assembled them at the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon. (Revelation 16:12-16 [NIV])

Which coincides with this prophecy,

Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against his Anointed, saying, “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” (Psalm 2:1-3 [ESV])

And after the armies of the world have been gathered in the place called Armageddon, then the seventh and final bowl will be poured,

The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, "It is done!" Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake... the cities of the nations collapsed... Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found. From the sky huge hailstones, each weighing about a hundred pounds, fell on people. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible. (Revelation 16:17-21 [NIV])

Which will result in the collapse and destruction of every city in the world, which coincides with these other prophecies,

Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. (Isaiah 40:4 [NIV])

The earth is broken up, the earth is split asunder, the earth is violently shaken. The earth reels like a drunkard, it sways like a hut in the wind; so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion that it falls--never to rise again. (Isaiah 24:19-20 [NIV])

Then begins the time of another reaping by angels, where the wicked all over the world will be gathered,

The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. (Matthew 13:41 [NIV])

All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. (Matthew 25:32 [NIV])

This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous (Matthew 13:49 [NIV])

And taken to Israel to be judged by the elect,

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 [NIV])

Or do you not know that the Lord's people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! (1 Corinthians 6:2-3 [NIV])

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land. (Joel 3:2 [NIV])

He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. (Isaiah 2:4 [NIV])

Which relates to this prophecy,

But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. (Revelation 19:20 [NIV])

For a beast in prophecy symbolizes a kingdom, hence why this beast in the book of Daniel was said to symbolize a kingdom,

“He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth… (Daniel 7:23 [NIV])

As such, the interpretation of the first beast and the second beast, also called the false prophet, being thrown into the fire is that all the people that correspond to these kingdoms will be thrown into the fire, which relates to this prophecy,

"And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind." (Isaiah 66:24 [NIV])

And anyone thrown into this fire will die a painful death and be permanently destroyed, body and soul,

And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul. Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna. (Matthew 10:28 [BLB])

Which is why according to Isaiah there will be dead bodies that will be seen there, which is the same place Jesus Christ spoke of as the place where "worms do not die nor is the fire quenched",

And if your eye should cause you to stumble, cast it out; it is better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes, to be cast into Gehenna, where 'their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.' (Mark 9:47-48 [BLB])

In which case, this will place will not be an ordinary fire, but a lava lake, hence,

...the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15 [NIV])

Which explains how this fire will not be quenched, because a steady lava flow does not quench, and also explains how worms will not die, because lava has a high viscosity that will cause dead bodies to float on the surface, where thus worms will feed on those bodies without dying. This fire will continue to burn for a thousand years, hence why smoke will continually rise, until the time of the eons of the eons,

And the smoke of their torment ascends into the eons of the eons... (Revelation of John 14:11 [ABP])

And the time of the eons of the eons commences with the creation of the new heaven and new earth,

Then I saw "a new heaven and a new earth," for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. (Revelation 21:1 [NIV])

"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. (Isaiah 65:17 [NIV])

“For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make shall remain before me, says the LORD, so shall your offspring and your name remain. (Isaiah 66:22 [ESV])

And there will be no night there; and they have no need of a lamp, and the light of the sun, for the Lord  God enlightens them; and they shall reign into the eons of the eons. (Revelation of John 22:5 [ABP])

And the last to be thrown into this fire will be those who are resurrected at the conclusion of the thousand year rulership, and are not found in the book of life,

Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15 [NIV])

Which includes all the dead from Adam to all who were still mortal and died during the millennial kingdom of Jesus Christ,

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. (Revelation 20:12 [NIV])

And all who are thrown into the fire, who had already died once and were thus resurrected, will die a second and final death,

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. (Revelation 20:14 [NIV])

Yet all who were resurrected in the final resurrection whose names were found in the book of life will be the ones to receive healing by the tree of life in the new heaven and new earth,

down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (Revelation 22:2 [NIV])

As such, because of all of the terrible events that begin at the second coming of Jesus Christ is why it is said here,

There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name." (Revelation 14:11 [NIV])

Because the wicked will have no rest any day or night during the time that these events events unfold, leading up to their final destruction by fire,

Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act," says the LORD Almighty. (Malachi 4:3 [NIV])

And whoever survives these events and lives into the time of the rulership of Jesus Christ on the earth are identified as,

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. (Revelation 7:9)

Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes--who are they, and where did they come from?" I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:13-14 [NIV])

For the earth will be full of the knowledge of God, and righteousness will abound, and there will be peace on the earth,

For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. (Habakkuk 2:14 [NIV])

They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. (Isaiah 11:9 [NIV])

The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD. (Isaiah 65:25 [NIV])

"Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed. (Isaiah 65:20 [NIV])

And these few survivors, who still remain mortal,

I will make people more rare than fine gold, and mankind than the gold of Ophir. (Isaiah 13:12 [ESV])

Are the ones the elect, who have become immortal,

For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. (1 Corinthians 15:53 [NIV])

Will rule over. And during the thousand year rulership of Jesus Christ, will multiply exceedingly,

and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. (Revelation 20:8 [NIV])