Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

EllieDino

My friend has bipolar depression and thinks she's bisexual and I don't know what to do.

I have a friend who has bipolar depression. She also thinks she's bisexual. I know for a fact that homosexuality of any kind is wrong, and so is killings yourself. I'm only 13 and I don't know what to say or do. She's shown me the places on her wrists where she's tried to kill herself. I'm afraid I'm going to lose her and this causes me to have anxiety. Please someone help me in this situation. I don't normally look for help but I need it. Please don't put that homosexuality is ok, because that's not true. Thanks for your help.

If you haven't, you should tell a trusted adult. Parent, teacher, school counselor, youth group leader, whatever. 

And as for the bisexuality thing, just let it be. Bigger fish to fry and all that. She's not going to be able to hear your message until she's in a better state of mind anyway so you should just keep loving her regardless. 

Is she a Christian? In general just try to show God's love for her and how much you love her. Suicide is a dangerous and scary thing to deal with; you can find good online help in places like this one. It's also good to go to a trusted adult or pastor about such things.

I have a friend who struggled for multiple years with depression, suicide, and homosexuality. She heard the Gospel and came to Christ after hitting rock bottom, and has since dropped all of that. Try to share the Good News with her, and take her to a positive youth group where people can be a good influence on her. The Gospel changes lives, please try to share it with her; and if you're not too familiar with it yourself you can see a quick overview of it in this video and this slam poetry presentation. I've also found Falling Plates to be a good video in sharing the Gospel. Dare2Share also has great Gospel sharing resources. But there's no resource as true as going back and reading the Word, maybe starting with the Gospel of John.

Don't forget to pray for her. I'll be doing the same.

As for sexuality, many many teenagers waffle their way through it. 13 is just too young to tell, or at the very least, live, a certain sexuality out. Her tastes could change as she ages, and you may find that her bi-curiosity is short lived.  Just let that be.

You and your friend need some serious counseling. Cutting is no way to deal with anything, and I'm sure that the bipolar brain isn't helping. 

Love your friend, be there for her. Support her, pray for her. 

hello, my name is creeper2001,

i am so sorry that your friend is going through tough times. all i can say is to pray for her, because you really cant tell people what they can and cant do, especially in a situation like this, i am 15, very smart, and i think that prayer is the best thing  or you could talk to her , tell her that everything is going to be okay, that you are there for her, thats what a true friend is. make her feel good, tell her you care about her and that killing herself isnt going to do her or anyone else any good, trust me , i know.

i hope this advice sorta helps,

creeper2001

On 4/2/2017 at 4:39 PM, Boogles said:

As for sexuality, many many teenagers waffle their way through it. 13 is just too young to tell, or at the very least, live, a certain sexuality out. Her tastes could change as she ages, and you may find that her bi-curiosity is short lived.  Just let that be.

You and your friend need some serious counseling. Cutting is no way to deal with anything, and I'm sure that the bipolar brain isn't helping. 

Love your friend, be there for her. Support her, pray for her. 

hello, i agree with you totally and this is coming from a 15 year old who has been through a lot as well

what your friend here doesnt realize is that god created us all, we were born with only one body, we have to take care of it, and we unfortunately cant get a new one, so we should treat our bodies with lots of respect because its the only one we have and it cant be replaced. letting her kill herself isnt going to make herbipolar depression go away, but what is gonna help is if she gets distracted and gets into a program for depression support if she really needs it.

Just now, Creeper2001 said:

what your friend here doesnt realize is that god created us all, we were born with only one body, we have to take care of it, and we unfortunately cant get a new one, so we should treat our bodies with lots of respect because its the only one we have and it cant be replaced. letting her kill herself isnt going to make herbipolar depression go away, but what is gonna help is if she gets distracted and gets into a program for depression support if she really needs it.