Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willow

Good PC Steam Games?

I like games with strong stories and characters, and something that has all the feels. I enjoyed Undertale (although there was a good amount of questionable things) and I like Minecraft. Any suggestions?

*inside my head* THIS IS MY TIME TO SHINE

Haha, I can see you liked Undertale from your profile pic ;) I like that game too.

Here are some titles in my library that have strong stories and characters:

Bastion - developed by Supergiant games, who love story development. Their sophomore game, Transistor, also has a good story and a good lead.

2064: Read Only Memories - a narrative point-and-click game. Pretty humorous and quirky. People who enjoyed Undertale would like it. I haven't played through much of it, but I've enjoyed it so far.

Cave Story+ - 2D RPG shooter-type. Fun.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - visual novel murder mystery with lots of quirky characters and plenty of character development. As it is a visual novel, it is very text- and story-heavy. Dark themes but I found its pacing and story really interesting. It's super suspenseful and the story gets really intense after a couple of chapters. It's one of my favorite games in my library. There's a sequel, too, and a third in development, and a spinoff, and some anime lol.

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten - this is a lengthy tower-defense game. There is a sequel currently in development.

Epic Battle Fantasy 4 - this one has fun characters, but I wouldn't say they're very fleshed-out or rounded. However, I included it just because it's one of my favorites and it has a silly story, but the gameplay is cool. Idk, I just feel like you might like it. It shares a similarly child-like quality with Undertale. It's a turn-based RPG. The fifth installment is currently in development: x

Ori and the Blind Forest - this is easily the most visually beautiful game in my library. And auditorily beautiful, at that. I think I just made up that word. What I'm trying to say is, it has a good soundtrack. (I actually learned ThePandaTooth's piano suite of it—it's on YouTube—well, most of it.) It has a really good storyline. The game is hand-painted and the score is performed by a real orchestra. Highly recommended. Get the definitive edition, it's the same price and it expands upon the original just a bit. Don't know why they didn't release it as an update to the original, lol.

Pid - I never finished this one, but it's pretty interesting. You play as a boy who gets stranded on a planet and there's like some robot conspiracy or something. You have a gadget that lets you influence gravity. Interesting more for its mechanics than anything else.

Ys Origin - this a hack n' slash. I don't typically enjoy hack n' slashes that much, but this one is seriously good. It's the most played game in my library, with 108 hours. Heavy on characterization.

Uhhh, I just wrote a lot. PM me if you have any questions!! Or recommendations for me, lol

16 hours ago, Bladesinger said:

*inside my head* THIS IS MY TIME TO SHINE

Haha, I can see you liked Undertale from your profile pic ;) I like that game too.

Here are some titles in my library that have strong stories and characters:

Bastion - developed by Supergiant games, who love story development. Their sophomore game, Transistor, also has a good story and a good lead.

2064: Read Only Memories - a narrative point-and-click game. Pretty humorous and quirky. People who enjoyed Undertale would like it. I haven't played through much of it, but I've enjoyed it so far.

Cave Story+ - 2D RPG shooter-type. Fun.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - visual novel murder mystery with lots of quirky characters and plenty of character development. As it is a visual novel, it is very text- and story-heavy. Dark themes but I found its pacing and story really interesting. It's super suspenseful and the story gets really intense after a couple of chapters. It's one of my favorite games in my library. There's a sequel, too, and a third in development, and a spinoff, and some anime lol.

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten - this is a lengthy tower-defense game. There is a sequel currently in development.

Epic Battle Fantasy 4 - this one has fun characters, but I wouldn't say they're very fleshed-out or rounded. However, I included it just because it's one of my favorites and it has a silly story, but the gameplay is cool. Idk, I just feel like you might like it. It shares a similarly child-like quality with Undertale. It's a turn-based RPG. The fifth installment is currently in development: x

Ori and the Blind Forest - this is easily the most visually beautiful game in my library. And auditorily beautiful, at that. I think I just made up that word. What I'm trying to say is, it has a good soundtrack. (I actually learned ThePandaTooth's piano suite of it—it's on YouTube—well, most of it.) It has a really good storyline. The game is hand-painted and the score is performed by a real orchestra. Highly recommended. Get the definitive edition, it's the same price and it expands upon the original just a bit. Don't know why they didn't release it as an update to the original, lol.

Pid - I never finished this one, but it's pretty interesting. You play as a boy who gets stranded on a planet and there's like some robot conspiracy or something. You have a gadget that lets you influence gravity. Interesting more for its mechanics than anything else.

Ys Origin - this a hack n' slash. I don't typically enjoy hack n' slashes that much, but this one is seriously good. It's the most played game in my library, with 108 hours. Heavy on characterization.

Uhhh, I just wrote a lot. PM me if you have any questions!! Or recommendations for me, lol

Thank you so much! I was about to get Danganronpa, but instead watched the anime because I noticed the game had a lot more swears. But I still loved the anime! and all those choices sound awesome! thank you!

There are a lot of amazing games for PC in steam. I'm fond of Bioshock series, Dishonored, Thief, Splinter Cell, Tomb Rider, Europa Universalis IV, Far Cry series, Portal 2. And it is only the small part of the most famous games. You can find the greatest amount of PC games here

Edited by sharonperry