redwhitechih

Bad friends, and finding new ones

I am a missionary kid and have always been a Christian. Recently I started going to a small school with only like a hundred students, and I am having trouble finding friends that are "good" people. I have a few friends that I know do things like drugs, sex, and drinking, and I'm not sure why I'm their friend. My one good friend is a seventh day adventist that I feel is slipping away from his faith, and good life. I go to church but there are no guys my age there and my town has no youth group. I can't find any good Christians at my school, and I know most of the people there. I feel very lonely as a Christian, and I have no one my age that I can talk with my faith about or get encouragement from. How can I find Christian friends that I can talk to about my faith, and just hang out with?

P.S. I am praying for new friends to come along, but it just feels like there is no one out there.

I like to be alone tbh. I can't stand being around people. People now-a-days are fake and untrustworthy and I rather be by myself. I really don't trust people at all and I push people away when ever they try to get close to me. I sometimes do talk to people just because my therapist and my parents wants me to but other than that I am pretty quiet and isolate myself from other people. Other then that, you can pray to God to bring you good friends in your life. 

not that many true believers from where I am at. praying for better friends that will help me grow in Christ

Similar situation- although I live in a supoosedly very religious city, people my age just don't seem to be acting upon their religion! 

There are a few, but they're not necessarily my type of person- different interests, different side of the year group etc. so I've never really known them! 

If it's really bugging you then I guess you could home school? I wish I could but it's not ideal in my family situation, but perhaps it might be for you? Also, don't be afraid to befriend any girls your age at church, I'm sure they'd appreciate you wanting to start a friendship!

As for now, CTF might be your best way to connect with other Christians.