Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Hello, this my first post that I am posting up on this site, and is the sole reason that I had made this account: I wanted to ask for help, advice, anything that help me quit masterbating. I'm too weak to do it on my own; the longest I've gone without is about a month.I know this sounds cheesy, but  I want to be ready for my wife when I get married and don't want to get married if I'm still masterbating. I don't want to end up like my biological father (I say biological because I'm adopted) because then I would be hurting my spouse. I know that I'm still pretty young, but I want to be ready now so that I can show her (I' fairly sure I know who she will be) that I strive to be a man after GOD's own heart. And of course, I want to quit because it is a sin, and therefore hurts GOD. Can anybody help me?

This topic probably belongs in the 16+ category.

It's great that you are convicted and seeking help. The first step is actually wanting to stop. You have to make the conscious decision to say no to the pleasure and temptation. After saying no enough times you slowly loose the desire to sin. 

This topic, A Reason and a Way to Fight For Purity is a great resource which helped me with my struggles in the past and will probably help you.

I've gradually put together this document which is a collection of resources from overcoming temptation called Victory, I'll attach it to this post. It consists of physical, social, and mental aspects of resisting sexual temptation, it also has a few links to sites and songs I've found helpful.

Victory.docx

You could always try seeing a doctor about it. They say that antidepressants decrease libido as a side effect. I was prescribed some medicine for my OCD and during the time I've taken those pills I literally felt zero sexual attraction. Also, self-discipline and taking cold showers when you feel the urge to masturbate might help.

You can either consult a doctor to know the reason behind this addictive behavior of yours or make yourself busy. Do other things that will divert your attention from doing such thing. I have once read a confession, this man has the same problem as yours, he has managed to stop it by seeking help from his loved ones and at the same telling it to his partner.