Sign in to follow this  
Queenelsa

Getting made fun of

I get made fun of for the way my mom makes me dress in the winter. I have to wear a very thick puffy jacket with another jacket over it that is almost floor length and very bulky and heavy. I also have to wear ski pants and big winter boots. My mom also makes me wear hats, scarves, gloves, and hoods.

I am about to go into 8th grade and I'm tired of other kids laughing at me in the winter.

Just get through It, you can strut down that hallway without giving a crap. You could learn to embrace your coat and walk proudly, if people know your not embarrassed by it most likely they wont feel the need to laugh at you as much. Or you could talk to your mom about how you feel and maybe she'll understand :)

-Mandy

3 hours ago, MandySCOtt said:

Just get through It, you can strut down that hallway without giving a crap. You could learn to embrace your coat and walk proudly, if people know your not embarrassed by it most likely they wont feel the need to laugh at you as much. Or you could talk to your mom about how you feel and maybe she'll understand :)

-Mandy

I could try, but everyone would still laugh at me for wearing snow pants and that stupid coat. My mom thinks I'll get sick if I don't wear all that crap in the winter, it barely even fits into my locker.

20 hours ago, Queenelsa said:

I could try, but everyone would still laugh at me for wearing snow pants and that stupid coat. My mom thinks I'll get sick if I don't wear all that crap in the winter, it barely even fits into my locker.

Hmmm

You could try telling your mom about how the kids are treating you. But dont say it in a "complaining tone" personally my mom hates it when I complain and would further make things worse for me. Say it respectably, and be polite. Typically if your calm parents will consider what your saying more than if you were to complain or say it with an emotion of "annoyance".

Try it. Hopefully it works out.

-Mandy