Shasta Daisy

Chat Room Error... Is It Only Me?

I keep trying to enter the chat room, but each time I try I get this message: 

Sorry, there is a problem

There was an error joining the chat room. Please try again or contact us.

Error code: 4H269/N

Contact Us

I tried contacting the mods through the link given, twice, and received no reply either time, nor did the problem go away. Can you please help? P.S. Is anybody else having this issue?

1 hour ago, Will_Power said:

Yep, looks like I have the same issue as well.

Shoot, that stinks. :-( Sorry to hear that, Will. I guess all the new September updates are messing it up somehow. I hope that CTF isn't getting rid of it... it's just about the best feature on here!

Oh man. This website is so dead. I'm just shocked the admin hasn't sold the domain and shut everything else down yet.

On 11/11/2017 at 1:40 PM, Zabby said:

Oh man. This website is so dead. I'm just shocked the admin hasn't sold the domain and shut everything else down yet.

Me too.

And I knowww... It seems like everyone just left, without giving this place a second thought. :/

I think I can shed a bit of light about why the chat room does not work because I have administrated a forum running on the same software (Invision Power / IPB / IPS) in the past. The developers of this forum software used to have the chat room feature hosted on their servers, but they discontinued this feature a few months ago. There are alternative chat room plugins that can replace the default feature (the one that was discontinued by IPS), but the admin would have to look in the IPS marketplace (it's like an online store for buying software), purchase a replacement application for the chat room and then install it from the admin control panel.

The current chat room will no longer work, nor can it be fixed, because IPS discontinued the feature.

Cary must care a little bit if he's still paying for the site.

His last login was in September although he hasn't made a post since March (and only made 2 posts in 2017).

On 1/7/2018 at 8:24 AM, Yoda said:

Cary must care a little bit if he's still paying for the site.

His last login was in September although he hasn't made a post since March (and only made 2 posts in 2017).

Yeah, but he's got a dead beat Dad vibe to him. No affection to show, just random presents from time to time.  "Oh, you want a hug?.... here's five dollars, see you next month." :\