Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emy

Friends.....High School.....Christianity

Hi, 

Okay so i'm new here i literally just created an account 10-15 min ago. i"ve been trying to spend more time with God and i'm a freshman in high school. Things have been going ok it's just i have trouble just being myself sometimes like when im at church i'm myself self but also a christian but when im with my friends i'm not so christian. its stresses me out because my one true desire is to be that christian woman and to not be ashamed and talk with God and him talking back and me going around being a christian wherever i am but i don't know it just seems hard for. i desperately want to be a true christian not just and not just on sundays. i guess i need prayer for that and high school and not to focus on boys and friends to focus on my education and grades and make right decisions. i look forward to talking to other christians and give and take advices and discovering more about God with you guys. :D

I understand that keeping up godly behavior can be a struggle when you're with people who encourage ungodly behavior. I think a really good practical thing for you to do to help with this is to read your Bible every day. Having the Word of God enter your mind every day makes it a lot easier to remember God when you go about your daily life. If you feel forced (like you're not being yourself) when you're around non-Christians, that's a good sign you're on the right track, haha. But I do want to say that while grades are important, so are friends. Especially if your friends share your faith, they can be a really really great asset. Welcome to high school, and good luck! :) (tip: make friends with the administration! Learn their names. It is so worth it.)