Sign in to follow this  
Effy Beaudoin

Can you be gay and believe in god?

Hi! I need you guys's opinion, and I am asking you to be respectful on this topic.

Can you be gay, bisexual, transgender, a lesbian and still be a firm believer? Can you still love god if you a are a part of the LGBTQ+ community? Will god love you back if you are?

23 hours ago, Effy Beaudoin said:

Hi! I need you guys's opinion, and I am asking you to be respectful on this topic.

Can you be gay, bisexual, transgender, a lesbian and still be a firm believer? Can you still love god if you a are a part of the LGBTQ+ community? Will god love you back if you are?

Yes, God loves the LGBTQ community for the people they are, right where they are at, ash e does with all humans. However, as the above poster said, God isn't too keen on homosexual behaviors.  He loves them right where they are, but doesn't want them to stay that way.  We live in a fallen world. Alternate bents in attraction are to be expected.

Anyone can BELIEVE anything. To follow a belief system is a different animal.  For best results in a relationship with God, follow his commands as closely as possible. To rebel is to sin and sin dissolves a relationship and breaks trust. 

For the QUILTBAG (look, it's all the letters in a row. hehe.) that would mean letting God work on your heart, your mind ( and getting proper therapy in the case of gender dysphoria) or remaining celibate. Or possibly something else, depending on the person in question and their relationship with their creator. 

In the bible it talks about 2 sister cities and they was utterly destroyed because of there sin of homosexuality not being rude or anything with this comment but it is a sin. God loves the people but not there sin and he died on a cross to take those sins away. This is just my words on the matter but you can do more research on it to better your understanding. :thumbup: have a blessed day

Edited by Roselyn Dyke
had messed up with my information and looked back and saw my mistake

Well, yes you can still "believe" in God and be gay, but it is forbidden by his law (see Leviticus 18:22, 1 Corinthians 6:9). God still loves you, but if you truly love him, you will turn away from performing these sexual abominations. 

Yes, you can believe in God and still be homosexual. Jesus died on the cross for our sins and homosexuality is one of them. He will love us no matter what but he does expect us to change our ways with his help.

On 11/7/2017 at 8:50 PM, Effy Beaudoin said:

Yes to the first question. You can't choose your sexual orientation and I'm sure there are a lot of firm believers who are homosexual.

As for the second question, this depends on the what is happening in the LGBTQ+ community. The bottom line is that homosexual relationships/'marriage' are a sin according to scripture. If you're in that situation then you should be celibate. 

For the third question, God loves everyone regardless of who they're are and what they're doing. 

On 11/7/2017 at 7:50 AM, Effy Beaudoin said:

I believe you can. I'm bi. NOW. I personally will always choose to be celibate in my attraction to females because I don't want to do anything to risk God's disapproval or to hurt my conservative family. He will love you as He loves everyone else. It depends on what you're doing, whether he will approve or not. You have to make up your mind whether what you do will please God or not. He will judge you. NOW. . .it's not our place to judge you. What you choose to do with your life is your choice and we have to respect that. Only God can judge you. But He does love you, no matter what, even if you hurt Him. It really depends on your interpretation and what you feel to be right. I don't feel it to be right to engage in same sex relationships, I feel that to be wrong, so I choose not to. You have to make your own mind up. Sorry, this isn't very helpful. :( 

On 11/7/2017 at 6:50 AM, Effy Beaudoin said:

Hey! To answer your question yes, you can be a believer and God will love you unconditionally. Everything is allowed but not everything is to our benefit. No one will ever know what God thinks until we are individually judged for our actions here on Earth. It depends on what your convictions are, what the Bible tells you, and what the Holy Spirit guides you to do that will ultimately serve as a compass for your spiritual life.