Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

IsaiahDuhart

Changing Churches

I've attended the same church for pretty much my entire life. I've been lukewarm for Jesus for a while until recently, and after God transformed me, I started to get tired of how stagnant things were at my home church. I felt like I wanted to See God do great things in church and in the community, but the congregation was okay with just showing up every Sunday morning and sticking to a formatted program. I feel like I'm not growing where I'm at, and I feel like God is pushing me go elsewhere. 

Coincidentally, God showed me a Christian who attends my college. She loves Jesus, she wasn't afraid to show It, and she was comfortable with sharing her faith with me. She convinced me to attend her church yesterday, and my God... the presence of God was present there. The people were wonderful and pleasant, the youth were on fire for God, and the word was very fruitful. I really enjoyed myself and I didn't want to go home. 

Basically, I feel like God is drawing me towards this other church, but I wanna be sure that leaving is the right decision, and that it falls in line with God's will. Please pray that I find clarity.

Well considering that your old church (from what you have written on this topic) isn't giving you anything and will eventually make you spiritually die, Yes it is time to find a new church. I dealt with the same thing a couple months ago 4 to be exact. My old church was spiritually dyeing and so was my family. Then a friend of my mom and me who went to the church we went to at that time and had left a month before us found a different church. Her family was growing spiritually. So we went to her church a couple times and God had called us there. Since then I got the Holy Ghost and so did my brother and my mom. In conclusion I think that leaving might be a pretty good decision if you feel that God is calling you to leave. I will definitely be praying for you God bless you and have a nice day.

Roselyn