Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

NIRRA

Need help

Hi, I am 32 years old. My name is Eliz. I have married 5 years ago. I was in a good relationship with my husband for last 4 years. One year before, I came to know about his extramarital affair. I was very sad. I didn't expect this from him. He was very good in caring me and my child. After knowing about his extramarital affair, I am not able to talk or even smile at him. Many of our mutual friends came for compromise. But I never let my ears to their words. For past ten months, he is trying to be with me. Last month, I came to know that he has ended the relationship with her. Now I want to be with him. But I can't. In this situation, my friend suggested undergoing cognitive behavior therapy from a clinic in Toronto. Will this therapy help me in overcoming the difficulties that I face in my relationship? Can you please suggest any alternative practice I can try? Please help me out.

I don't believe what happened was in any way your fault. If he loves you he will apologise in the most meaningful way to you. Don't just jump back into his arms because he says he loves you. Love is an action more than it is a feeling. Jesus died for us while we were dead in our sins and that is how we are to love. Love him and forgive him but if he can't prove he loves you and admit that it was a mistake then you might need counciling as a couple. I am not expert just my opinion, sorry for longish answer.