Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

sunshiner

Non-cheesy Christian music?

Aight let me clarify. I don't like K-love, air1 type music. I'll listen to it in the car and whatever, but otherwise, it just sounds fake and poppy.

Secular artists I like are The 1975, The Front Bottoms, Arctic Monkeys, Grouplove, Young The Giant, Harry Styles (not One Direction, you know?), Passenger, Pearl Jam, and Sleeping at Last. I'm especially looking for someone who sounds like Arctic Monkeys and The 1975.

Christian artists I like are Deas Vail, My Epic, Josh Garrels, Eikon, Will Reagan, Relient K (!!!my favorite!!!), Marty, Nobigdyl, NF, Local Sound, Jonathon Ogden, and Rivers & Robots. 

HOWEVER I can't find a non-cheesy artist with genuinely good lyrics and that has interesting musical elements that sounds even remotely close to or as good as those two bands. Christian music honestly just frustrates me most of the time, because I'm trying to listen to music that focusses me on the Lord, but honestly 90% of it sounds the same and isn't interesting. It's pretty annoying, actually. 

HELP ME. 

Also I don't like heavy metal. 

Thank you!!!

While I've never listened to the 1975, so I can't compare sound, I do know of some groups that MAY fit the bill. 
90's CCM was all over the board stylewise, so you may find something hiding in the archives of the youtube.

Audio Adrenaline ranged from Pop-ish to Grungy.  Every song seemed to be different and  I just... ugh. lovely. 

The Newsboys were the quirky, eclectic pop group from "Down Unda" that did some pretty interesting things that you wouldn't hear today. (but anything after 2006-ish is garbage in my opinion.)

Chris Rice was rather imaginative. Imagine the creativity of Owl City sans the syntho-pop.

otherwise, you could try "X-genre cover of (song)" and see what comes up.  :)