Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RightNote

Depressed due to Skin Allergy

So it's summertime and it's time to show some skin and get some tan lines. I and my friends planned our getaway for more than 6 months and we're all excited for our trip except for one person. I'm referring to my best friend who said that she's not coming with us because of skin allergy. If I'm not mistaken she's suffering from eczema and it's all over her legs. Her mom told me that it started to trigger in May and has become worse when Summer has begun. She's rejecting all our calls and not even reading our messages in our group chat...even my personal message! I feel bad because we're best friends and she should not avoid me, right?! And guess what, she's not even going to the office. She's AWOL at the moment. So what if she has skin allergy? Is really depressing to have that? Is it normal? She can just simply go to the doctor and ask for some medications. I just don't understand. I want her to still enjoy summer even if she has this skin issue. I wanted to help her but she refused to. :sad:

Edited by RightNote

Eczema doesn't go away easily. It's not as fast as "go to the doctor and pop a pill". There are creams that can bring relief, but a flare up can last months. 

It can be chronic, and yes, I could see how your friend would be uncomfortable. It makes your body look abnormal . Have you seen what eczema looks like? Do a quick google search. It can make strangers stare. Sometimes the patches become scabby and crack and bleed. My stepdad has it over most of his body. It's pretty terrible and can be really, really itchy. 

So, I'd go up to your friend and see if you two can make amends and if not, go on your trip and bring her a thoughtful souvenir. 

Hi. I was able to finally see her and she showed me her legs. She's terribly sad and I am thinking that her condition led her to have a summer depression. I didn't know that there's such thing as seasonal depression till I found out here . We're trying to convince her to have a sort of therapy or counseling to help her lessen the terrible feeling she has now. And of course, she will continuously see her dermatologist and we are also looking for additional effective home remedies. I hope she feels better each day.