Bay

Do You Read The Old Testament More Or The New Testament More??

Do You Read The Old Testament More Or The New Testament More??  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you read more? Old or New Testament?

• Old Testament
    • New Testament
    • Not sure
    • I read them both equally

I probably have read the old testament more, but I try to read them both equally. 

Aww, I voted wrong.. I meant to vote for the New Testament.

The epistles in the NT for one are far shorter than a lot of the books in the OT, they're only comparable in size to the minor prophets (and Jonah and Daniel). That's helpful because it's far easier to read like Galatians (6 chapters) over and over again than it would be for like Isaiah (66 chapters). The theology is also pretty interesting to me, it's nice to read about which combines well with it's size for me to like them better. The OT isn't exactly bad though, some books like Isaiah or Psalms (a beautiful book for giving praise to the Lord) are amazing books and rich in content. If anybody here is lacking on the OT, I encourage you not to get put off by size and read it. 

17 minutes ago, Tony said:

Aww, I voted wrong.. I meant to vote for the New Testament.

The epistles in the NT for one are far shorter than a lot of the books in the OT, they're only comparable in size to the minor prophets (and Jonah and Daniel). That's helpful because it's far easier to read like Galatians (6 chapters) over and over again than it would be for like Isaiah (66 chapters). The theology is also pretty interesting to me, it's nice to read about which combines well with it's size for me to like them better. The OT isn't exactly bad though, some books like Isaiah or Psalms (a beautiful book for giving praise to the Lord) are amazing books and rich in content. If anybody here is lacking on the OT, I encourage you not to get put off by size and read it. 

Yes in the new testament some of the books are so short like Peter 1 Peter 2 John 2 John 3

I've read them like a million times 

Also jude and many others 

Edited by Bay
I forgot something

I've read both. There's beauty in each. I'm not sure if I've read both equally, but I've studid both testaments. Both of them are integral to our walk so...-shrug-

On 8/27/2018 at 10:13 PM, Boogles said:

I've read both. There's beauty in each. I'm not sure if I've read both equally, but I've studid both testaments. Both of them are integral to our walk so...-shrug-

True both are integral 

The New Testament is what I've spent the most time in. I took a class on it as well as some personal study on my own. As for the Old Testament, I have read parts of it and know all the more well known stories. I plan to do some more study on the Old Testament soon.

16 hours ago, Snowlight said:

The New Testament is what I've spent the most time in. I took a class on it as well as some personal study on my own. As for the Old Testament, I have read parts of it and know all the more well known stories. I plan to do some more study on the Old Testament soon.

Sweet