RealizerFails

Regaining Faith

Hello there, 

I used to be a part of this board six years ago. I was so head over heels in my spiritual journey, but as high school began, the faith went away. I don't quite understand anything, and I don't think I ever did. I have so many unanswered questions at 20 years old, trying to find my belonging in the spiritual world. It's been so long, I've had to order a new bible and I ordered a journal to go with it for my own notes on what I feel in my journey on specific days, much like a regular diary.

I guess I'd like someone my age to talk to about this and get familiar with the Christian world again? I want to understand the real meanings, and not what you see on social media that encompasses judgment upon sinners, when we ourselves are sinners and have no right to be rude to others.

Thank you, I appreciate any help given.

19 hours ago, RealizerFails said:

Hello there, 

I used to be a part of this board six years ago. I was so head over heels in my spiritual journey, but as high school began, the faith went away. I don't quite understand anything, and I don't think I ever did. I have so many unanswered questions at 20 years old, trying to find my belonging in the spiritual world. It's been so long, I've had to order a new bible and I ordered a journal to go with it for my own notes on what I feel in my journey on specific days, much like a regular diary.

I guess I'd like someone my age to talk to about this and get familiar with the Christian world again? I want to understand the real meanings, and not what you see on social media that encompasses judgment upon sinners, when we ourselves are sinners and have no right to be rude to others.

Thank you, I appreciate any help given.

Not sure if I can help, but I'm here to talk if you want :)

Hi RealizerFails. Good to hear you are still searching and have ordered a new Bible. It was a long and very winding road for me and it took many years of searching for me to be absolutely convinced that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. In the NT's(Bible) Luke 11:10 Jesus said:" Everyone who asks receives,and the one who seeks finds and to the one who knocks it will be opened." 

{I give clear proof later in this reply that the Bible is really the Word of the omnipotent(almighty) God and also show an image of the real face of Jesus Christ.} 

The Bible in Romans 3:23-24 says:"... all have have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and are being justified(made right with God) freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." So we are all sinners and need to put our faith in Jesus to be saved(see Romans3:20-27) and should not insult or put anyone down for their apparent sins. However we can encourage people gently and kindly to move away from a lifestyle of sinning by believing in and trusting in  Jesus Christ as their Savior and God , becoming born again.

Jesus Christ told Nicodemus in the Bible's(just saying the book of John is in the Bible for people reading this around the world who are just learning about Christianity)  Gospel of John 3:1-16  how to be saved and enter heaven(the Kingdom of God.)

(1) Jesus said in John 3:3,"...Truly,truly, I say to you, that unless one is born again he/she cannot see(enter) the Kingdom of God."

---Jesus then told Nicodemus what must happen to him(Jesus Christ) so that the way to live forever in heaven(eternal life in the Kingdom of God) will be made possible and offered by God(the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit) as a free gift to all of humankind.

(2) Jesus said in John 3:14: "And as Moses lifted up the serpent  in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man(Son of Man is a term from the Bible's Book of Daniel chapter 7:13-14 meaning  the " Exalted Heavenly One" who will  rule his Kingdom of heaven forever)  be lifted up  that whoever believes in him will have eternal life."

---Bible scholars say that by saying "lifted up", Jesus clearly meant that he would be nailed through his hands(in the Koine Greek  language of the New Testament "hands included the wrists") and feet to a cross . Then that cross with Jesus on it would be lifted up and anchored to the ground- causing Jesus to be "lifted up".

Jesus Christ was crucified and killed by order of  Pontius Pilate. Jesus's shed blood[by crowning his head by a cap of large thorns,  whipping by metal-tipped whips, and nailing of his hands/wrists and feet to a cross] and his death(ransom sacrifice) and resurrection to life after 3 days, is the only way to everlasting life in heaven for a human being.It is the greatest possible gift that ever can be offered because: it is an infinite  and perfect gift. God is infinite and perfect and Christ Jesus was Almighty God in human flesh (Apostle Thomas declared with Jesus's approval, that Christ was :"My Lord and my God" in John 20:28 .)

(3) Jesus then tells us how we can receive(take and accept) this free gift of Christ's ransom sacrifice I just described in blue above. Even a free gift from God has to be accepted by the person it is given to. God will not force anyone to take the  free gift of the blood , death(ransom sacrifice) and resurrection life of Christ Jesus that is the Way to live forever in heaven in perfect happiness.

Jesus in John 3:16 said: "For God so loved the world that he gave his One and Only Son, that whoever believes in him(Jesus) should not perish but have eternal (unending --I am explaining for very young readers) life."

*(4) So the  moment when we believe in and trust in God's only Son, Jesus, to save us from our sins and bring us to heaven forever,  by what he has done ( shedding of his Godly blood and his death on the cross and his resurrection on the 3rd day) , we are born again!

At that moment of really believing in Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit- who is the 3rd Person of the Godhead(God)- comes to live in us and joins with our soul and causes us to be born again.

(5)Yes, we have been given eternal life in heaven as a completely free gift, but it must be received(accepted)and then we are saved by the Holy Spirit indwelling within our soul (born again.)

**Please understand also that the person who has really been born again(saved) will have a close relationship with Jesus Christ and his(our) Father as John 17:3 says.

1John 4:7-8 says that a person who has been born of God(born again) will love other Christians because God is love.

Evidence That The Bible Is Really God's Word 

Christ-like crucifixion(nailed through the  hands and feet) was only invented hundreds of years after it is miraculously first described in Psalm 22:16:"they have pierced my hands and feet".

We have to be careful to understand that the dictionary definition of crucifixion can mean a body pierced by any sharp pole, or even the hands just tied to a beam with rope. It is a bit confusing. However research has shown that Christ-like crucifixion absolutely was prophecied in Psalm 22:16 before it was created by humans. 

Some try their hardest to confuse us on this simple evidence that the Bible was written by the true God who clearly knows the future.

==============================================================================================================

The eyewitness testimony of many of the authors of  New Testament such as the Apostles John, Matthew, Peter, Paul and the brothers of Christ, James and Jude are great evidence that Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead.However we must always have that mustard seed type of faith even if we have all the evidence in the world to prove that the Bible is really God's word.

We can use both faith and evidence to believe in and trust in Jesus as our God and Savior. Even Jesus said in John 14:11:"Believe  me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves." I am now going to present one of these works of Jesus Christ from his earthly life that we amazingly  still have with us today.

Matthew 27:59 says that: "Joseph took the body(of Jesus) and wrapped it in a clean linen cloth."

We have Christ's linen burial cloth still with us today. It is known as the Shroud of Turin. (Turin is a city in Italy,)

*The notable evangelical scholar professor Gary Habermas, of Liberty University, believes that the Shroud of Turin is authentic(real). So do Lee Strobel, David Mainse and other evangelical Christians. 

Here is a link to a good website about the Shroud of Turin: (please share the shroud website with others to strengthen their faith. I sometimes type in the web address wrongly - 3 dots in it- so tell them to Google: "shroud turin blog spot).  Thank you.

http://www.theshroudofturin.blogspot.com (please go to right margin of the linked site and click on "the Evidence is Overwhelming that the Turin Shroud is Authentic" so you can quickly see the 29+ proofs it is real)

Mark 15:46, and Luke 23:53 also mention this linen burial cloth of Jesus.

Luke 24:12, John 19:40 and John 20:5-6 say linen  burial cloths. Dr. Gary Habermas says this is because Jesus also had about 3 strips of linen tied onto his body after the large linen cloth was put on. One of these strips of linen was tied around his jaw, the others around  his wrists and his ankles. (The Koine Greek word used for the" linen burial material" in these 4 verses must be translated as "linen cloths".)

Here Are A Few Proofs That The Shroud Of Turin Is Jesus Christ's Linen Burial Cloth

(1)PROOF 1- There are No yellowish-brown colored image/picture threads underneath the blood marks on the Shroud of Turin. -

-I'll put the explanation of this proof below the picture of the Shroud of Turin(See a clear image of Jesus's face in the pictures far below the large total body picture .)

See the middle of the below picture of the Shroud of Turin to see the real image of Jesus's body. His head is on the right, with blood around it caused by the crown of thorns. Jesus's feet are at the far left with a large blood mark on the them. His hands(which includes the wrists in Koine Greek) are in the centre with a roundish blood mark on them.There are many dozens of small blood marks caused by the the metal-tipped whips.(the image of the Shroud of Turin right below is best viewed at 125% page size).

The blood marks are still bright red (instead of becoming dark brownish-red) even after almost 2000 years because:

(A) A chemical they used 2000 years ago to bleach the linen cloth, which remained  on the linen threads/fibers, caused Christ's blood to stay bright red.

(B) On top of this, victims of an extremely tortuous and traumatic death have a chemical reaction in their red blood cells that keeps the blood red for many thousands of years. --You cannot see the blood marks on the Shroud of Turin clearly unless you put it under bright  white "sunlight" type illumination. That is why in some Shroud of Turin images it is hard to see all the blood marks. 

The Shroud of turin.

(1)[ PROOF 1 continued] Let us imagine that someone wants to make a picture of a man that has blood on him from being [1] crowned with thorns, [2]scourged (whipped) over 70 times with Metal-tipped whips,[3] nailed in the hands/ wrists(the "hands" included wrists in the Koine Greek language of the New Testament and feet, [4] speared in the side{Please see the Gospel of John 19 for details}.

If someone wants to match all these blood marked wounds to their correct part of the body exactly, they will first put the image of the body of the man onto the cloth and only after put on the blood marks, correctly matching the blood to the image parts, being careful not to go outside the body image area.

It is impossible to put the blood marks onto the cloth first in all the wounded areas of the body image- showing the over 120 bloody wounds from being crowned with thorns,scourged (whipped), crucified by nails, and speared, in the exact, particular body part/area- and then draw or put the image of an anatomically correct man after. NO human being ,especially over 700 years ago(that is when some unbelievers say the Shroud of Turin was made- but many others believe it is from AD 30-almost 2000 years ago-but everybody agrees the Shroud of Turin is ancient{please see the linked website above for the 29 plus proofs}) can put the blood marks first and then match it with all the correct body parts(hands, feet, head, side, and whip marks with in the body outline.

Yet incredibly 3 chemists(scientists) proved that the blood marks were on the Shroud of Turin first- before the yellow-brownish body image was put onto the linen cloth! They proved this by expertly removing all the blood in an area of the body image of Jesus on the linen shroud, and found no yellowish-brown colored threads underneath it. Another chemist(Raymond N. Rogers) used another technique to prove the blood marks were on first.

So only God(Jesus Christ) could-and did- put the blood first onto the Shroud of Turin.  This happened when Joseph of Arimathea covered Christ's dead body with a linen cloth(Matthew 27:59)- before the body image of the crucified Jesus Christ was put onto that linen cloth(the Shroud of Turin.)

The yellowish-brown body image was put on the Shroud of Turin by Jesus at moment of his glorious shining resurrection.

[Chemists Dr. Alan Adler and Dr. John Keller are the ones who have proved there is no image threads underneath the blood marks of the Shroud of Turin(see image of Jesus's face clearly in the below pictures) and published the evidence in 2 scientific journals, including the Journal of Applied Optics,1980,pp 2742. Chemist Raymond N. Rogers has also shown this in another way in his own book.]

---On the below left is Jesus's face part of the Shroud of Turin(the photo was taken in non-daylight illumination so the blood marks are hard to see.)

The black and white image on the below right is the photographic negative of the image on the left. It is Not a special effect. Before there were the digital photos of today, all photographs were film photos which had their own negative twin. Ask your parents/grandparents to see one.

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.truthbekno

(2)PROOF 2: We can certainly know that our God,Jesus, made the image on the Shroud of Turin because it is the world's first ever X Ray(radiograph).  Professor of radiology Harold E. Davis (Fellow of the American College of Radiologists), Vanderbilt University radiologist Dr.Everett James and some British radiologists, have said that the Shroud of Turin's negative photo is an X Ray.  [See the X Ray of Jesus's hands in the negative image of the Shroud of Turin below. Please Understand that the negative images I have put in this article are very small, old, low resolution(low quality) photos. There are new large, high resolution photos of the Shroud of Turin in which you can see the Roots of Jesus's teeth-a true X Ray and miracle!]

However X Rays were invented by humans in only AD 1895. Everyone agrees that the Shroud of Turin is from a  much earlier time than that. This proves that Jesus Christ made the image on the Shroud of Turin at the moment of his shining resurrection in AD 30.

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.ncregister

The image right above is a very old ,poor quality negative photo. There are new, high resolution(high detail) negative photographs of the Shroud of Turin that some radiologists have said are X Rays. According to Dr. Gary Habermas, a St.Louis dental surgeon said that the Shroud of Turin was a perfect X Ray of all the teeth of the crucified man(Jesus).

The head of Harvard University's High Energy Labs in 1989, physicist Thomas Phillips, published an article in the important scientific journal Nature, in which he said that the image of the man on the Shroud of Turin was created by the miraculous bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Please feel free to print out this article for yourself (anyone reading this article) or to strengthen the faith of others(The large picture of the Shroud of Turin with the bright red blood marks might be copyright).

All you sweet people of all colors in America and around the world, you will be Royal Princesses and Princes, (under Jesus's Kingship), forever in heaven, if you believe in, and trust in Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior and God. You will be the true children of Almighty God forever. Do not let anything or anyone keep this most amazing of all destinies from you. Pray and keep praying to Jesus Christ and his Father, for faith and guidance and to be born again by the Holy Spirit  [Read Luke 11:-13... Jesus will answer if you keep asking and knocking.]

See you in heaven sisters and brothers.

Yours-in-Christ,

Rony

I don't know if this is any help, but look at "the other side" (atheists). They don't understand anything, life is pointless, they don't have values. They are lost. If they have nothing and God has answers and common sense, it should kind of be obvious which side to be on. If you have a question about anything specific, feel free to message me. This is just how I know I'm always on the right side and having a relationship with God is the smart thing to do.