Sign in to follow this  
improactive20

Meeting my stepmom for the first time

Early next month, I’ll be meeting my future stepmom for the first time. She is from Colombia but currently resides in San Francisco, CA. My dad met her on one of his business trips to the state and since then, my father keeps on travelling from our place here in New York to CA for like twice a week. I don’t have any issues about this with my dad. As long as he’s happy, I’ll support him, but still, I need to meet this lady and talk over some things first. Maybe ask I’ll if she’s really serious about getting married to my dad. It’s not that I’m overreacting, I’m just being protective! Are Colombian women good for marriage? Will they be great as housewives and partners?

She's only your step mom if they're married. Otherwise, she's just your father's girlfriend.

Your statement... "are Colombian women good for marriage?" sounds kind of...off?  Kind of demeaning and dehumanizing. I feel like you're asking questions about an Amazon Alexa or an iphoneX instead of a human.
 I mean,  some POC suck at marriage, some...er... many white people aren't fit for marriage (or having kids for that matter, I'm looking at you, all the Honda Odyssey soccer mom's named Karen or Sharon). What does someone's home country have anything to do with it? It boils down to the person.