Yoda

Coronavirus

I'm North of Seattle currently and working in a public school district. We're still open but there's a lot of anxiety out there. 

I've only been working part time for 3 months. I found a full time job, but everything got pushed back. Most things here are closed until April 1st at least. 

I've been working from home as well, and this will likely continue although I'll be in the office on Tuesday at least.

I think the panic buying is overrated. Some items are being panic bought but there's still lots of other food you can pick up. 

I’ve been stuck at home.  No sports, no shopping, no church, no visiting with friends..

I think the flu is still worse...

Our country is trying to re-open and is lifting restrictions although it's different for each State.

I'm still a bit nervous and staying indoors. 

Didn't realize this was a thread lol

Honestly, I've been lucky to an extent. We live in such a small area that there's not too much danger. We've had a few cases and deaths around the area but not nearly as bad as other parts of the country.

Won't lie, I'm a bit freaked out to go near crowds and even going to the shop feels a little weird. Lockdown was eased for us a while ago and cuz there's a beach here, we had tonnes of people coming thinking everything was fine. Still do, though thankfully to a lesser extent.

To be honest, I hope this stops being political, but I doubt it.

That said, my life hasn't been too greatly affected.

my mother's anti vax conspiracy theories are so out of control that I got banned from Easter because everyone I work with and my boyfriend got the vaccine.  Because the Covid shot "sheds". So I'm tainted by being around them and could spread a mutated version of the virus. 
I have yet to get it as my immune system attacks bread, shrimp, cashews, peas, hazelnuts and artificial sweetener. 

But sure, ban me from family gatherings.  That makes total sense. 

On 4/12/2021 at 5:29 AM, Buoyancy said:

my mother's anti vax conspiracy theories are so out of control that I got banned from Easter because everyone I work with and my boyfriend got the vaccine.  Because the Covid shot "sheds". So I'm tainted by being around them and could spread a mutated version of the virus. 
I have yet to get it as my immune system attacks bread, shrimp, cashews, peas, hazelnuts and artificial sweetener. 

But sure, ban me from family gatherings.  That makes total sense. 

Sorry to hear that, they really banned you? that's insane

19 hours ago, RightNote said:

Sorry to hear that, they really banned you? that's insane

Pretty much. I'm not welcome around them until late May, a month after my BF gets his second shot.  Which is stupid because they all go out and buy food or work around vaccinated people  but sure, count your daughter out. makes perfect sense. 

not that I want to be around them anyway. right now. Jerks...>_>

Everyone's life has been greatly affected by this virus, we don't even know when everything is going back to normal. But I'm glad I still have my job, working from home since the first lock down

Our country has overall done a good job with managing the virus, although every couple of weeks or months we'll get a breakout in one State resulting in a temporary lockdown and then restrictions.

The problem is that only a small percentage of people have been vaccinated due to shortages. I wish I could get vaccinated. :(

I didn’t know this was a thread. It really sucked March of last year cause I had a baby March 27th, and couldn’t grocery shop out buy toilet paper before hand, really. After a couple months things leveled out. I didn’t stock buy for any reason other than I didn’t want to go grocery shopping with a newborn lol

Now things are fine. Everything is back to normal here. And I just found out I’m due again March 2022! Hopefully it’ll be smoother than my March 2020 baby. Lol

Still socially distancing and wearing mask since cases are now up again because of the Delta variant

I did eventually get the vaccine booked, but still haven't had it yet. 

On 8/30/2021 at 8:09 AM, Yoda said:

That's great. Good luck on your vaccination

On 8/30/2021 at 8:09 AM, Yoda said:

that's great, I already had mine a couple of months ago.