Sign in to follow this  
RightNote

More Stressed Than Ever

New research finds adults in the United States are feeling their highest levels of stress since the pandemic began last year. Experts say the majority of the nation is experiencing collective trauma at this point.

“Nobody is immune to the stress that’s happening right now, different people are experiencing different levels of stress overall,” said C. Vaile Wright, PhD, APA’s senior director of health care innovation. “We just weren’t built to maintain this level of stress and hypervigilance and hyperarousal for this length of time.”

We all know that stress can negatively impact our immune system, cardiovascular health, and worsen the experience of chronic pain and other medical conditions. So what is the best thing to do to manage stress? 

the best thing to do is meditate, exercise, and eat a healthy balanced diet. Sleep is important too so we can have strong immune system

I'm not under much stress currently, but I know I will be when I go into the working world and off to college. I'll definitely ve keeping an eye on this topic.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:26 AM, Lucidity said:

I'm not under much stress currently, but I know I will be when I go into the working world and off to college. I'll definitely ve keeping an eye on this topic.

A lot of people have come back to work and most students are now back to school.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:26 AM, Lucidity said:

Are you back in school now or still doing online school?

I'm homeschooled, so my year wasn't interrupted. I was in school throughout most of 2020.