ComedyMusicHistory

Introvert, Extrovert, or Ambivert?

Introvert, Extrovert, or Ambivert?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?

• Introvert
    • Extrovert
    • Ambivert

I'm supposedly pretty introverted, but I think I'm more of an ambivert. Yeah, there are times when I'm tired and don't want to talk to people, but just as often I want to ask someone about their day and how they're doing. So yep, I'd say I'm ambiverted.

Massive introvert

I kinda like having time to myself, and I'm okay not having a massive social circle. But even when I want to socialize, it just feels very difficult for me and I feel like I have to leave just to get back to a quiet space lol

On 9/14/2021 at 10:20 AM, Lucidity said:

I'm supposedly pretty introverted, but I think I'm more of an ambivert. Yeah, there are times when I'm tired and don't want to talk to people, but just as often I want to ask someone about their day and how they're doing. So yep, I'd say I'm ambiverted.

By that definition, I'm an ambivert too. The introvert vs. extrovert distinction has to do with how you relax and recharge. That is, whether you relax and recharge by yourself or around groups of people. I like being around people and even groups of people, but I need to be by myself to relax and recharge. So, that's why I say I'm an introvert, even though, I'm a pretty social person. Like, when it comes to the question, "How do you relax on Friday night after a long week of work?," the stereotypical introvert answer would be something like watching movie at home, while the stereotypical extrovert answer would be something like going out with friends to dinner. By that metric, I'm an introvert. Though, I'm a social introvert who likes people. But, I need to be alone to truly relax and recharge.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:13 PM, LittleMac said:

Massive introvert

I kinda like having time to myself, and I'm okay not having a massive social circle. But even when I want to socialize, it just feels very difficult for me and I feel like I have to leave just to get back to a quiet space lol

You definitely sound like an introvert. My mom took one of those tests where it said she was "Almost a hermit" because of how much of an introvert she was.

I am introverted at parties, I come, I wanna go home after an hour or two unless there is dancing or a dog. 

I am extroverted around my friends and can't get enough of them. 

I guess that makes me ambiverted. Or a social introvert at least.

On 10/2/2021 at 6:10 PM, Buoyancy said:

I am introverted at parties, I come, I wanna go home after an hour or two unless there is dancing or a dog. 

I am extroverted around my friends and can't get enough of them. 

I guess that makes me ambiverted. Or a social introvert at least.

You sound like a social introvert. That's how I am too.