Sign in to follow this  
baldeagle244

NBA 2K6!

The NBA is getting into full swing (if preseason is full swing...) but the talk starts now. Predictions, superstars, flops, it's all welcome.

~Pistons '06!

BE244

Man, thanks for starting this topic, I love the NBA B) !!!!

PISTONS!!!??? <_< lol

The Spurs rock my world, and Tim Duncan is my superstar lol :P

Even though they won the championship, I'm afraid that with the different western conference teams, like The Rockets, we can be stopped.

The Suns are pretty strong too.

But this season should be interetsing....

I wonder how my Spurs will fair against these other teams, Im kinda :unsure:

Lets see, Miami will probably get their act together much better this time, I dont know what happened with them in the playoffs, but oh well I dont care :lol:

Um, the Mavs need more for Dirk, I wonder if he misses Nash.....

I am wiating for the Wizards to grow too. Last 04-05 season was a MUCH better inprovement form their 03-04 record, was it like 16-66 or something like that??

I feel that they will soon make a comeback like crazy.

Um, the bobcats, the hawks, thats another story... :whistling:

Originally posted by Pasquallie14@Oct 19 2005, 08:24 PM

hmm id go for the nets to choke in the playoffs like usual lol

302925[/snapback]

:P My spurs choked them 02-03!!! lol!!!!!! That was great!!!

Mr. Jones had 14 last night, thus helping them beat the Sixers 106-102. Donyell Marshall is another great aquisition, helping our inside game.

Spidey B)

Originally posted by Spider-Man@Oct 21 2005, 12:15 PM

Mr. Jones had 14 last night, thus helping them beat the Sixers 106-102. Donyell Marshall is another great aquisition, helping our inside game.

Spidey B)

303827[/snapback]

Ahh, true. But Im still watching........ no disrespect to your guy at all spidey.

Am I the only Spurs fan here? :bangin:

I'm going for the Sac Kings.. I don't think they'll do very well but they're my favorite team so yeah. Bibby's awesome, too..

Yea, not too sure about the Sacs since last season without CW.

I notcied you liked LeBron Spidey, from your sig. I also remember when I first came on, you had an avvie with the Spurs and the pistons. :D

Im not that crazy bout the Eastern Conference, cept for the Wizards. I also give props to the Heat, I dont like them, but I give my props.

Yeah, I was a Spurs fan in the Championship, No likey Detroit. And Manu and my boys pulled it off. I have Tim Duncan, Manu Ginoblli, and Tony Parker on my NBA fantasy team, I trust I'll get something outta them, they're proven to give points.

Spidey B)

Ok folks, with the NBA season geared up and ready to get grinding we all have to look at how things are going to shake down this year. I just have one major question. Who can stop the rockets? They can stumble here and there, but I don't think there will be a team in the west that can put it to the Rockets this year. They lost two pre-season games out of eight, and they lost to the Memphis Grizzlies and the New Orleans Hornets. Memphis loss by four points, and a lucky win for New Orleans with a block and game winning lay-up. Here's the standings of Houston's division.

Southwest Conference

Memphis

Houston

Dallas

NO/Oklahoma City

San Antonio

Now, I'm not so bad as to neglect the other teams here, so I'll show the standings around the NBA as well:

Atlantic

New Jersey

Toronto

New York

Boston

Philadelphia

CENTRAL

Cleveland

Indiana

Detroit

Chicago

Milwaukee

SOUTHEAST

Orlando

Miami

Washington

Atlanta

Charlotte

WESTERN CONFERENCE

NORTHWEST

Denver

Minnesota

Seattle

Utah

Portland

PACIFIC

L.A. Clippers

Phoenix

L.A. Lakers

Sacramento

Golden State

Let's gear up for another year folks.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!

LOL someone's in love with the rockets!!

Ill have faith in the Spurs, theyre slipping :cry: lol

But lets see, I dont really like that many teams on the Eastern Conference, except for the Wizards, and maybe the Heat. Just maybe.

NOV 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NUGGETS VS SPURS!!!! :unsure:

Denver 7-1

San Antonio 2-5

I'm gonna put faith in Denver in that one.

I do, I absolutely love the Rockets.

Swift is up there, so is McGrady, Ming definately, and Luther Head has been amazing as a rookie. I'd have to say I love the Rockets as a whole. They wouldn't be the same without the combination.

Yea, I figured, cant wait to see how they'll turn out as a whole.

But since you love the Rockets sooo much, I guess I have to admit

I love Yao Ming. :D Where else can I see a 7'6 giant in the paint?? :D

My college's varsity team has a 7'2" giant in the paint. I play JV ball.

5'10" and I'm about 4-5 inches away from the dunk baby, woo!

What college do you go to, is it a local one in New York? That's still WOA.

Yea yea, rub it in, there were girls who could dunk in my league :ninja:

while I'm just lil ol 5'4 :P

But thanks, you let me know that smallness could be used to my advantage :)

I think the Heat will go far this year. 1 win last year from the finals last year...

Smallness is an advantage, after you couple it with some jump and a tad more skill, you're lethal.

The Heat, I'm not buying their shot this year. Although their roster looks amazing on paper, they've been getting spanked in the pre-season. Unless every of the major name players can put forth all their effort to really shine, they're just going to relax and be lazy. Houston knows they all accel in one area or two, they know they have to combine to be amazing. However, Miami has many great all around players who will put in partial enthusiasm to make one major team. Rather than Houston who compiles many talented players to make one amazing team Miami brings together many amazing players to make a talented team.

Edit: I go to Elmira College, a private DIII school. It's odd, I'm a freshman, but when we freeshoot, I'm one of the few that can make a shot with any regularity.

Brandon you just luvvv yor Rockets lol.

Well, I agree, even though the Heat looks great when you look at them, the pre season :yucky:

Same with San Antonio :cry: pitiful for the 2004-05 Champions, but I still love em :heart:

Thats why I'm looking with a wary eye on Nov. 1st when the regular season starts, I hope they make a turnaround :unsure: But I can't be so sure.

Oh yea, I guess that proves that skill dominates over age definetely, and at least someone's free throws are regular.... couldn't say the same for me lol. :D