Sign in to follow this  
baldeagle244

NBA 2K6!

^^ Lol I was being flippant :P - youre right, 8-1 is still at the tops, I have to give the Pistons their props...

Hey that rhymed without me meaning for it t..

Seems like you, me and Ferv are the only ones here... *cricket**cricket*cricket* lol :rolleyes:

Go Pistons and Heat!!! Umm the Rockets aren't doing good because T-MAC has played like 2 or 3 games. He hurt and Yao is nothing without him which sucks his T-MAC is on my fantasy team.

But shouldnt a team be able to play well even in the absence of one person?

I mean, I know that many teams have superstars, but a good team shouldnt fall apart because one person is out. Thats no good.

Yao need to step up his game and show that he can be without McGrady. ;)

Thats also true. I know they are a great team, with the new roster this season and all, and I know how much impact one or two players can have on a team, like with Cassel and Mobley on the Clippers <_<.

But I dont think they should completely fall apart either without a player. :)

I am deeply hurt to say that my Spurs lost to the Bulls 99-106. :(

I am very happy to say that the Wizaeds beat the Pistons 120-114

I am also estatic to see that the Mavs beat the Heat 103-90,

and sorry, the Rockets lost to the Grizzlies 81-86.

Sorry I haven't been active, I had to deal with that whole being banned for a bit thing and I don't see this active much.

Houston is getting pounded because of a major missing element. Let's look at it this way, if you build a house thinking you have two foundations, and you discover one of the foundations is missing, the house will collapse, right? Well, the Rockets built their team around Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming, they traded and signed role-players as opposed to stars. T-Mac's absence has opened them up for their collapse, the role players need to elevate to star status which has never been asked of them. So in the case of the Rockets, when Tracy gets back the gears will begin moving well again.

I'm glad to see at least it was Texas NBA that snapped the back of Detroit's win streak, yay Dallas! They're looking good this year, plus they're one of the few teams that can actually RUN with the Phoenix Suns, which is by no means an easy task. I think Dallas will make a good run this year, and Phoenix will do well when Amare gets back. Houston will get a fire lit under them soon enough when Tracy comes back, Detroit is looking solid as usual, Indiana looks good still, trying to knock the wind out of the San Antonio machine is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. NBA Championship line-up, I'll call my shot ahead of time, Miami (Despite a slow start their roster dictates you show respect and they'll show momentum over the course of the year as things click) from the East, and from the West, ideally I'd say the Rockets but I think they're getting too discouraged too early on, I'm going to put San Antonio back in the finals this year.

Variations in the eastern conference will be Indiana and Detroit, in the West my variance will be Dallas, Phoenix, and Houston (A little padding isn't too bad).

Hey, again, I'm glad you're back, was getting kind of lonely in here :D

So, I see what you're saying about T-MAC and the team, I think now would be a good time for the Rockets to try to give it their all and step it up :D

The Mavs are looking good again, and I think you're right, Miami just needs a little more time to get, er 'heated' :P

And another thing, I really, REALLY do not understand why the Washington Wizards can beat the champs, the Spurs and the Pistons, but they can not beat the Bobcats. I find that very interesting, and annoying lol. Maybe it's because when playing against the 'big' teams, they have more motivation. Or maybe they were tired, I dunno.

Ahh, good stuff.

whoa, lurking member here... you guys got your game watching down... lols, i havent been updated in a while.. i don't know what to say right now, 'cept the wizards and the clippers look like a good uprising team... lols, im a heat fan... but man, i hav no confidence in them at all. from last time i watched, there is no balance, no connection... as much as jason williams is a good PG, he doesn't have that team chemistry that damon had last year... BTW, wat happened to Damon?... I miss Eddie too hehe, I'm a loser...

^^ I think Damon went to the Cavs, I dunno about Eddie.

It was prolly the ShaqFactor that made the Heat lose control I think, and I agree, with Sam Cassel and Cuttino Mobely, the Clippers are moving on up really really well. And I still dont get how the Wizards can beat the Champs, but not the Bobcats :P lol

I'm pretty sure Eddie Jones wound up in Memphis with the Griz.

Speaking of Memphis, the Houston Rockets will take on the Grizzlies tonight, let's go Houston!

On a personal note my baskeball season opens tomorrow at 1 PM against a club team from a local college. My goal is to open up and get 5 3's, a career high would be set for me.

Lets see, if the Rockets win, they will improve to 5 -11

If the Spurs win, they will improve to 13-3, and those dern Pistonsare still in 1st place with 12-2

Oooh, that Wizards game!! It was tied 102-102 against the Bucks, and with 1 sec. left, Williams hit a three on the buzzer and won the game!!! Even though the Wizards are basically my home team, but oh well, it was still cool. The thing is, the Bucks only got possesion becase they charged Arenas with charging, though he says it was totally not a charge, So, he was called fot the 'foul' and the Bucks got the ball and used it wisely.

Thats cool Fervor, 5 threes? Thats a lot. but hey, youll be in my prayers. :D

Although my favorite team may be not doing so well this year, I feel someone has to stand up for them..so here goes...GO MAGIC!!!!!!

I have a friend who's from Michigan and is a huge Pistons fan, and although they are doing extremely well, I'm sick of getting it rubbed in my face...GO MAGIC!!!

And you have to admit, Dwight Howard is amazing!! 6-11 19-yr-old Christian school kid, he's got an awesome Christian testimony out there...

My brother's fav team is San An and I do have to give the Spurs their due, Tim Duncan did stop Dwight Howard, but regardless, I love the MAGIC!!!!

Booo Heat!!

Sorry if that offends

Oh, the Heat? Theyre not so hot now, but when the Shaqfactor comes back, they will be <_< lol

I will also add that last night the Spurs beat the Heat 98-84, I was very proud of Tim Duncan, the little things count :D

Oh, and the Suns arent doing as well as I thoought they would either, hmmmm... lol

I hate Tim Duncan he so boring, he reminds me of the rocket launcher in Halo 2, effective but no one likes it except the team that has it. D Wade is still playing amazing, still hasn't gone under 20 points this season.

That boring power forward shuts down some of the best players in the league. You can't really talk poorly about Duncan at all, he's one of the BEST power forwards the game has ever seen. Especially after the leave of David Robinson it was great to have Duncan after being schooled by Robinson for so long, to build a team around.

How about Houston? They're picking everything back up with McGrady at full health and Yao getting beat constantly, but still pulling down massive amounts of rebounds and putting up a great scoring run per game, the rest of the team is finally contributing what they're supposed to do and the health is getting better with recovery from injury.

No he can't shut down Shaq like at when the Lakers played the Spurs a few years ago. He still can't handle him.

Houston is looking alot better when they ar mostly healthy. I knew they would.

Originally posted by Fervor@Dec 11 2005, 11:11 AM

That boring power forward shuts down some of the best players in the league. You can't really talk poorly about Duncan at all, he's one of the BEST power forwards the game has ever seen. Especially after the leave of David Robinson it was great to have Duncan after being schooled by Robinson for so long, to build a team around.

How about Houston? They're picking everything back up with McGrady at full health and Yao getting beat constantly, but still pulling down massive amounts of rebounds and putting up a great scoring run per game, the rest of the team is finally contributing what they're supposed to do and the health is getting better with recovery from injury.

342735[/snapback]

Ferv I agree about TD!! Finally, someone who agrees. In school, people are all like " ya ya he's so boring blah blah....." but he is very effective. Its the little things he does that help the team out.

and yes, I have noticed the Rockets, they are making quite the turnaround!!! I know someone here is happy :rolleyes: lol

I agree, those Pistons are something else BE!!!!!! :P

Is it the new coach, or just them? Because even though the Spurs are my all time favorite team, I have got to give props to Detroit, they are doing so well :D

Detroit is definately a quality team, no doubt about that. I really don't think Detroit will get back into the championships again this year though, I'm just waiting for the momentum to die out. I just think after Pat Reilley gets ahold of Miami strongly enough, they'll push right on through.

Houston however WOW! 5 wins on the road and they're about to go on to their 6th game, pulling some great come from behinds and that amazing finish against Golden State. Houston has all the gears going and they're really churning out points and production, I'm just waiting on the play-offs, hoping the best for a healthy and happy Houston Rockets.

Duncan can't really be compared to Shaq. That's apples to oranges. Shaq is a CENTER, Tim Duncan is a POWER FORWARD. Famous centers include: (My all-time favorite basketball player... ever) Hakeem Olajuwan, Wilt Chamberlain, Shaq, and Yao Ming. Famous power forwards include: Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, and MAYBE Chris Webber.

There's probably more but the point I want to illustrate is that no power forward has really stepped up in past years and even now they don't get as good as Duncan. Anyway, Nasterovic or Mohammed are the ones who are supposed to deal with Shaq, not Timmy. Plus, Ginobli, Parker, and Bowen are there for a reason if the inside game has some problems. Duncan's finesse on the post though earns him PLENTY of manueverability and options around a powerhouse like Shaq as it is.

Originally posted by Fervor@Dec 17 2005, 09:37 AM

There's probably more but the point I want to illustrate is that no power forward has really stepped up in past years and even now they don't get as good as Duncan. Anyway, Nasterovic or Mohammed are the ones who are supposed to deal with Shaq, not Timmy. Plus, Ginobli, Parker, and Bowen are there for a reason if the inside game has some problems. Duncan's finesse on the post though earns him PLENTY of manueverability and options around a powerhouse like Shaq as it is.

346594[/snapback]

Dude!! I love you man! :P lol

So, I gotta question Ferv, why do you think the Pistons will lose momentum?