Sign in to follow this  
baldeagle244

NBA 2K6!

Originally posted by baldeagle244@Dec 17 2005, 10:23 AM

I guess he thinks they'll get bored of winning :P

BE244

346606[/snapback]

LOL dude :roflol: I dont think thatll ever ever happen, Detroit is just too pumped up for that :P

Sorry for the lack of a response for so long. I've had my girlfriend at my place for a week of this Christmas break so alot of things have been put on the back burner.

I think the Pistons will lose momentum because eventually teams will figure them out and be able to work their defence (Although their defence is premier and just plain amazing). I think stronger defensive teams like the Spurs will be able to help put Detroit on the path of its momentum loss, but as we've been shown this year, a team with explosive offense can also put a hurt on Detroit. Namely the Dallas Mavericks. Amazing team they managed to hand Detroit their first loss on the season a while back and they're solid all around. Even Houston without McGrady almost managed to knock the Pistons off. I think you'll see continued strong performance from:

San Antonio: You can't really knock em', all they did in the post season was strengthen their line up as opposed to move it around. They're defense is fundamentally sound and strong, their offense is improving, their pace is picking up as well.

Charlotte: They've been having a pretty good season so far proving that expansion teams can have that hard first year and then burst out of the gates. A young team with alot of drive, injury is gonna be a hinderance to the Bobcats but don't look to them to fall on their face like they did in their first year.

Atlanta: Now that they have a grasp on what a quality team does I look to see them improve for a while, but not really threaten much of a run.

Dallas: Play-off bound again, with Nowitzki at the helm, help from Stackhouse and Terry, veterans, you'll see a good surge from them and a good finish.

Houston: Regardless of Ming's absence, it'll hurt them far less than the absence from McGrady, they swept out their road-trip and look for them to continue some momentum. They'll probably drop a game or three on this stint without Yao, but they'll still be able to go strong and win more than they lose, or just about break even.

Detroit: I said they'd lose momentum, I didn't say they'd die, they'll keep plugging away and push into the play-offs.

I think I'll go ahead and put up my play-off picks while I'm at it:

East -

Detroit

Miami

Indiana

Philadelphia

Boston

New Jersey

Milwaukee (Probably a bit gracious considering they are centered on a rookie, but they're showing some fight in em')

Cleveland (This is their year to make a move and break away and prove themselves)

West:

San Antonio

Phoenix

Dallas

Memphis

Houston

LA Clippers (Excellent job this year)

Denver

Seattle

Counting the Lakers out of it because they can't ride Kobe's back too long and the rest of the team aside from Odom needs experience and a solid backing. They're going to get too used to Kobe and either he'll hit a skid streak or he'll get injured. You can't center your team on one man and expect a bunch of role-players and rookies to fill in the void, you need two superstars then role-players.

Expecting Minnesota to die out, good start but you can already see that waning starting.

The biggest shake-up is definately the eastern conference though, enough was moved around there that allowed for previously struggling teams to step up and announce their arrival. The West is a bit more locked in, but also the west is a far stronger conference. Aside from Detroit, Miami, and maybe Indiana, I really don't think there's an Eastern conference team that can go *** for tat with a Western Conference team. Seriously, place almost any of the Eastern teams against Portland or Sacramento (Two teams without much reason to be doing poorly, Houston does have a reason for their place, injury, aside from Bonzi Wells' recent injury) and I'll take a bet that Sacramento or Portland will take it.

Well that's all from the sports-desk-o'-Ferv. Take it easy folks.

Wow :mellow:

Someone sure knows their stuff :P

I cant wait for the Spurs Pistons game on Christmas!!!!! It should be awesome!!! But I have lost a little faith in SA after that nasty loss to the Hornets :( Oh well, God's Will be done.

If Houston can't stay healthy I'm gonna have to shift my prediction for the West, and if Houston continues to be plagued by these health problems, I'm going to put Golden State into the play-off hunt.

Thank you by the way.

I think the Spurs-Pistons game is a big game to see if Detroit is really all that or if the Spurs will take the championship again. Im not saying that those are the only 2 teams in contetion but my eyes are on those 2.

Everyone focuses on the Spurs and Pistons. This game on Christmas is going to be a Detroit win, they have the momentum, but San Antonio will be a good game all the same.

I'm gonna go ahead and go ahead over the course of the next week or so and line up my play-off bracket, see how that works.

Wow, I leave and come back and the Pistons are 24-4. It also seems that when Detroit loses, it's by more than 10 points. Maybe it's just fatigue or something.

BE244

Detroit will churn out high 60's to low-to mid 70's on their wins this season (That's not giving a range on numbers, it's one of the two, so for a range, I'm saying 67-73/74 wins this season.

Play-off predictions later to come, I need time to devote to this schedule...

Destiny - Shrug off the Spur's record, they have it rough and a tougher conference. Detroit's defeats were either real close, or absolute barrages. I make this claim on the fact that Dallas is one of my front-running teams for a Western Conference title and they torched Detroit. Houston is picking it back up... about time, stay healthy boys.

*Sigh* I havent been keeping up with SA for a while, so I checked the standings expecting to see 21-10 or something like that, but they are 26-8 I believe. And Detroit is 26 or 27-5? Whatever it is, they still are doing great. And youre right Ferv, Dallas is kickin tail now. I wouldnt be surprised if SA and Dallas were the last 2 Western Conference teams standing. B)

I remember when the Pacers were like, 62-20 or something like that in 03-04. If the Pistons have a high 60's low 70's record, whoa! They deserve it though. lol :)

I'd be suprised if anyone could beat the bulls records of 73 wins( I think thats right if not it's 72) it's an amazing feat but records are meant to be broken.

Another loss for the Spurs against the Pistons. I really think the loss in the championship has them pumped and now they are beasts! I think theyll win the title this year, unless a miracle happens for SA. Detroit is soo good! Also, Larry Brown's leaving to the Knicks and his lie may be pumping them as well, lol B)

Detroit= 35-5

Spurs = Not as good

But I still love them :P

How did Kobe score 81? Did he have the ball every possesion, or did he just make all of the shots he took? :wacko: That is pretty ridiculous.

Actually Kobe had 81 pts 2 assists so don't say he's a ball hog!!! LOL The shoes that he wore that night are in the basketball hall of fame. The 2nd highets point total ever. That's impressive!