Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Homosexual Marriage.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Auron

Auron

Experienced Fellow

• 269 posts
Well,on the first hand,This country stands on Freedom.Freedom of speech,freedom to bear arms.So why shouldn't we be able to marry the person we want?

On the other hand,God clearly defines the marriage as a Binding of one mans body and one womans body in holy marriage.So should we just pass this by as a suggestion?Or did God mean this literally?

(Against gay marriage by the way)

<div align="center">Posted Image
You can be one of four things in life: Loved, Hated, Feared or Ignored</div>

Syphon

Syphon

CTF Staff

• 3,532 posts
See this is a tough question because of the one thing you already said. America stands for freedom. In that case we should allow things like that to happend. Not everyone believes in God and if you dont believe in God then why would you follow what the bible says about marriage. So in a since yes they should be allowed to marry but see then it opends a up an entire new door...cause then people will realize they can challlenge the system and win and soon we will have where we can have 3 wives or you can marry your dog or werid stuff liek that. So i mean its tough because its religion that says only male and female can marry...but with seperation of chruch and state its now hard for them to hold to that...and then people will start crying out that their freedom is being taken away.

(btw i am against gay marrage too.)

Cid

Cid

• Pip
  • 4 posts
With gay marriage...

Levi4Christ

Levi4Christ

Member - 1Ker

• 1,373 posts
To start off with, I'm against it.

This nation was founded based mainly off biblical principles. Why shouldn't we murder? Is there a reason for that, aside from the Christian stand point? I mean, people can say its immoral, but why is it immoral? It came from the Bible. I also agree with Spyhon, if people challenge the system, then all people will be able to do whatever they want...Straight back to mob rule.

Jenny

Jenny

Member - Wise One

• 923 posts
I understand that America stands for freedom. They stand for everyones freedom. They stand for homosexuals and they stand for this religion and that thing and that other thing and blah blah blah blah blah. But what is the one "group" that America continually takes freedom away from? Christians. As Christians, it's time that we take a stand in America. Do we believe homosexuality is right? No we don't. So what should we do? We should stand up and demand our freedom of a sacred marriage. Homosexual marriage is not a sacred marriage. It is repulsive.

No gay marriage. Never. Don't compromise your faith because others don't like what you believe.

:) Wow, I'm glad I got that out.

Cid

Cid

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Originally posted by Jenny@Oct 28 2004, 04:57 PM
I understand that America stands for freedom. They stand for everyones freedom. They stand for homosexuals and they stand for this religion and that thing and that other thing and blah blah blah blah blah. But what is the one "group" that America continually takes freedom away from? Christians. As Christians, it's time that we take a stand in America. Do we believe homosexuality is right? No we don't. So what should we do? We should stand up and demand our freedom of a sacred marriage. Homosexual marriage is not a sacred marriage. It is repulsive.

No gay marriage. Never. Don't compromise your faith because others don't like what you believe.

:) Wow, I'm glad I got that out.

I´m not American. I´m North-European. I´m 17, not christian. I respect christianity but I can in no way accept it fully. Calling gay marriage repulsive is a sign of a delusional mind. Gay marriage is not repulsive, it is un-orthodox and different from what´s common. The bible is a good book but somehow, not reliable. If there is a god, then I´m sure he has nothing against gay marriage or anyone who is non-heterosexual.

Christianity wont last in this world, christians have a way of limiting free thinking in the world. History has shown enough of christianity for it to be true. I´m not saying this because I think so, I´m saying this because it´s obvious. Christianity is not a a bad thing, but people have used it for bad things in history. And 100 years from now people will wonder why christians opposed same-sex marriages because in that time, it´s normal. Speculation of course. I have strange opinions to you but sometimes you have to step out of the box, imagine your an alien and judge it neutrally.

Cheery

Cheery

Experienced Fellow

• 117 posts
You're right, this country is based on freedom. According to the "American way" gay marriage should be legal. BUT, God clearly says gay marriage is unacceptable. The bible is a higher authority than the constitution. Biblical morals are more important than freedom, liberty and the American way. God commands us not to marry someone of the same sex. He doesn't suggest it.

Levi4Christ

Levi4Christ

Member - 1Ker

• 1,373 posts

The bible is a good book but somehow, not reliable. If there is a god, then I´m sure he has nothing against gay marriage or anyone who is non-heterosexual.

It is made blatantly clear that this statement is false through scriptures.

Christianity wont last in this world

Christianity has suffered more grief than any other religion of the age and it is still around, even after thousands of Bibles have been burned, thousands of people martyred, Christianity is still around.

I have strange opinions to you but sometimes you have to step out of the box, imagine your an alien and judge it neutrally

I did judge it neutrally, thats why I am called Born-Again I approach things with an open mind, and I seek the truth. I found it.

southerngrl4lyfe

southerngrl4lyfe

Member - 1Ker

• 1,854 posts
I am against gay marriage

I do not believe God ever intended for this to even be an issue. I do not believe that homosexuality is right not only because of my religion but my person beliefs.

The arguement of America is free we should be able to marry who ever we want does not stand. If everyone would be able to marry who ever they wanted that would mean incest would not be a crime or be thought up as immoral. There are many things that we should and should not do and it is left up to us to decided what we believe is right, and I do not believe it is right.

On the topic of homosexuality:
Homosexuality is a choice. Period. There is no evidence to say it is genetic or anything. If you are able to choose who you hate you can choose who you love
Welcome To MY World

A Glimpse into my Future

*Certified Nigerian*
My name is Uche, a cousin named Uche, I have a friend named Ngozi, my cousin is Ifeoma, a cousin named Obi, an old nigerian man is always trying to spit some game, i shall never pass by an elder without saying hi again, i been threatened to be sent to Nigeria, i have made money by dancing, my parents are always on an international call

Cid

Cid

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Originally posted by southerngrl4lyfe@Oct 28 2004, 05:50 PM
I am against gay marriage

I do not believe God ever intended for this to even be an issue. I do not believe that homosexuality is right not only because of my religion but my person beliefs.

The arguement of America is free we should be able to marry who ever we want does not stand. If everyone would be able to marry who ever they wanted that would mean incest would not be a crime or be thought up as immoral. There are many things that we should and should not do and it is left up to us to decided what we believe is right, and I do not believe it is right.

On the topic of homosexuality:
Homosexuality is a choice. Period. There is no evidence to say it is genetic or anything. If you are able to choose who you hate you can choose who you love

Even if homosexuality/bisexuality isn´t genetic, doesn´t mean it´s a choice. For example. Scientists have found some evidence that support the genetic claim og homosexuality but the biological claim for bisexuality is different. Seems that bisexuality is caused not long before birth. Like bisexuals don´t get hormones that make them attracted to a specific gender. it might be because they were born ahead of time or because it didn´t happen or wasn´t meant to happen. There are many possibilities but it doesn´t have to be a choice. I never chose my sexual orientation. I don´t remember choosing to hate somone, hate and love are not opposites. Emotions are all valid and none can be put into a continuum like that.

Christianity´s claim that homosexuality/bisexuality is wrong is based on flawed words. The bible was translated from ancient languages a long time ago and homosexuality didn´t have a word back then. The bible does mention Sodomy and Gamorrah but it doesn´t say homosexuality is wrong it says the lack of discipline is wrong. They weren´t all homosexual in Sodomy but they did fall into a frenzy and do it with everyone...

Yoshi

Yoshi

Member - 5Ker

• 8,869 posts
This topic is turning into another atheist vs. Christian thread. I'm closing it because of Syphon's new rule. If the admins think this needs to be reopened, then it can be. Most of the questions asked here have already been answered in the "What is your opinion of the gay community" topic anyway.

-Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users