Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Does anyone know how to get Furbys (Furbies?) to sleep?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Ichabod

Ichabod

Member - Wise One

• 925 posts
I've been sorting out my room for the past couple of days and I found my old Furby. It was asleep (whew) but I, stupidly, woke it up by mistake. It was on top of a chest of drawers thingie along with a load of other stuff but I wanted to put my Beano Club poster up quite high, so I sort of pushed all the paraphernalia off the chest of drawers so I could stand on it. The Furby woke up. It's now been locked away inside the chest of drawers thing for about an hour and I've been careful to not be too loud but it won't shut up! It says "Me sleep again" and starts making its snoring noises but then a moment later it sort of goes, "Naaaay, me up! Shmooloo hgrueliahurel lalala lala laaa me sleep again.. WHOA me BIIIG sleep. Me up. Dee dee dee dee deee dum diddy dum.. wheee! Go away.. heheheha beedoo, beedoo, beedoo, beedoo. Loud sound. Ayyy.. hummm. Me sleep again.. ah, okay, me up! Da da da da da dee brum brum, dee brum brum.. hurrrr. La la laaa la la laaa la la la la la la la hurrrr. No light.. argh! Hummm lalalaaa.."

Does anyone know how to get them to sleep? I'd take the batteries out but I don't have a screwdriver to hand of the right sort. I'd break it but I want to sell it at a car boot sale because it's worth a couple of quid, methinks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Oh no, don't worry. Just after I posted this, it went to sleep. I expect it'll probably wake up again after I've clicked on "Complete Edit" :P.
Anyway, sorry, this is spam. A mod can lock/delete this if they want.

Edit, again: This is still probably spam but it woke up. Please, somebody! I'm desperate! It's singing..

caringo

caringo

Member - 1Ker

• 3,682 posts
hmm...i thought all you had to do was cover its eyes and it would go to sleep...just...stick it in your basement or something!
BEDEVERE: What also floats in water?
VILLAGER #1: Bread!
VILLAGER #2: Apples!
VILLAGER #3: Uh, very small rocks!
VILLAGER #1: Cider!
VILLAGER #2: Uh, gra-- gravy!
VILLAGER #1: Cherries!
VILLAGER #2: Mud!
VILLAGER #3: Uh, churches! Churches!
VILLAGER #2: Lead! Lead!
ARTHUR: A duck!
CROWD: Oooh.

Overdrive

Overdrive

Member - 10Ker

• 11,608 posts
Right in between and a little above it's eyes there should be a little almost broccoli-shaped black dot. That is a light sensor. They go to sleep when it gets dark (or when they think it's dark :P). Note: they also have noise-sensors. Even if their light sensor says dark, if you make too much noise then they'll wake up again. :)
Fifth Hokage Yeoman Meister, the Crown Prince of Warchestersause

|:do, :do_not].include? (:try)
=> false

Jehovah'sdaughter

Jehovah'sdaughter

Member - 10Ker

• 17,566 posts
:blink: woa boy. I haven't thought about furbies in a long time. :lol:

Sorry, i don't know. Try what Caleb said. I haven't had one since i was like, eight. lol. They are soooo annoying. :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~KJV ONLY~

*What you are is what you breathe,
You gotta cry before you sing.*

My daughter: Haleygirl16
My grandkids: Christopherjr, trueimage15, Anabeth, herbiefullyloaded, and zia

"Avoid Floppage.--Haleygirl16"

Jman

Jman

Member - 5Ker

• 5,103 posts
Hit it with a large, blunt object such as a sledgehammer or baseball bat. Really, really hard. Throwing it across the room or dropping it off a building should work well, too. :P

The dude abides.</span>

Jehovah'sdaughter

Jehovah'sdaughter

Member - 10Ker

• 17,566 posts
But....she wants to sell it. *laughs* :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~KJV ONLY~

Ichabod

Ichabod

Member - Wise One

• 925 posts
I know that being quiet and making it dark makes it go to sleep but it takes ages and then for a while it's in quite a light sleep. >_< It's just about gone now, I think. I know there was some way to make it fall into a deep sleep but I can't remember it. Also, it's impossible to keep my house quiet.. it was possible earlier (though very inconvenient) but what with my disabled brother in the next room, well, he's never really quiet, as such.

As has been said Jman, I want to sell it! Anyway, do you really think I have a sledgehammer or a baseball bat lurking in my room somewhere? I'm an English fourteen year old girl.

Oh well. :P

Jman

Jman

Member - 5Ker

• 5,103 posts

As has been said Jman, I want to sell it! Anyway, do you really think I have a sledgehammer or a baseball bat lurking in my room somewhere? I'm an English fourteen year old girl.

Oh well. :P [/b]

It's possible. You could be one of those creepy ones who runs around killing people with axes and blunt objects in the middle of the night but looks all cute and innocent during the day with those big creepy eyes. :P

lol, kidding, kidding. All the same, though, I'd say there's not a lot you can do except to muffle it as best you can and keep it someplace dark and quiet until the batteries run out. Sorry, kiddo. =/

The dude abides.</span>

Jehovah'sdaughter

Jehovah'sdaughter

Member - 10Ker

• 17,566 posts
ahhh, John, stop it! :eek:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~KJV ONLY~

jujola

jujola

Member - Wise One

• 714 posts

I know that being quiet and making it dark makes it go to sleep but it takes ages and then for a while it's in quite a light sleep. >_< It's just about gone now, I think. I know there was some way to make it fall into a deep sleep but I can't remember it. Also, it's impossible to keep my house quiet.. it was possible earlier (though very inconvenient) but what with my disabled brother in the next room, well, he's never really quiet, as such.

Oh well. [/b]

well...you had a furbie^^ thats wierd for a 14-year-old....why not a sledgehammer or baseball bat?? ;-)
Smile. (:
Love. love others and love God. (:
Worship. (:
and read The Pursuit of Holiness. (:

Jehovah'sdaughter

Jehovah'sdaughter

Member - 10Ker

• 17,566 posts
I had a furbie at that age, but, b/c my younger sis liked playing with it. Then, i just got annoyed by it and chunked it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~KJV ONLY~

Ichabod

Ichabod

Member - Wise One

• 925 posts

It's possible. You could be one of those creepy ones who runs around killing people with axes and blunt objects in the middle of the night but looks all cute and innocent during the day with those big creepy eyes. :P[/b]

Shhh! You'll blow my cover..

I have a Furby because I'm sorting through all my stuff and I had it when I was five.

Jman

Jman

Member - 5Ker

• 5,103 posts
[quote] <div class='quotemain'>
It's possible. You could be one of those creepy ones who runs around killing people with axes and blunt objects in the middle of the night but looks all cute and innocent during the day with those big creepy eyes. :P [/b][/quote]

I have a Furby because I'm sorting through all my stuff and I had it when I was five. [/b][/quote]

That's what they all say.

lol, sorry, I couldn't resist. I got this image of a creepily cute little girl in that little skirt and white blouse or whatever holding this knife in one hand that was almost bigger than she was and a Furby in the other, and the Furby was giggling homicidally. :eek:

Sometimes I scare myself. :P

The dude abides.</span>

0nestepkloser

0nestepkloser

Accomplished Poster

• 303 posts
pull out the battries and it will sleep forever
actualy i think all you have to do is cover it up w/ somthing and let no light or nosie near it and it will sleep
if you ask me its a waste of time just break it :taz:
:pepsi:
i am AMJ's clone</span>
<span style="color:#663300">weirdest chat trio with farries wings, andy and then there is me
andy and i are the loudest duet in the chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
amj, me and andy are the coolest people in the chat!

Jehovah'sdaughter

Jehovah'sdaughter

Member - 10Ker

• 17,566 posts
[quote]
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
It's possible. You could be one of those creepy ones who runs around killing people with axes and blunt objects in the middle of the night but looks all cute and innocent during the day with those big creepy eyes. :P [/b][/quote]

I have a Furby because I'm sorting through all my stuff and I had it when I was five. [/b][/quote]

That's what they all say.

lol, sorry, I couldn't resist. I got this image of a creepily cute little girl in that little skirt and white blouse or whatever holding this knife in one hand that was almost bigger than she was and a Furby in the other, and the Furby was giggling homicidally. :eek:

Sometimes I scare myself. :P
[/b][/quote]

JOHN!!!!! stop! :scared:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~KJV ONLY~

Ichabod

Ichabod

Member - Wise One

• 925 posts

[/b]

Actually, it was a blue shirt. ;)

Overdrive

Overdrive

Member - 10Ker

• 11,608 posts
And the furby is muttering 'run... run while you still can... she'll make you sleep forever!' :roflol:
Fifth Hokage Yeoman Meister, the Crown Prince of Warchestersause

|:do, :do_not].include? (:try)
=> false

Jehovah'sdaughter

Jehovah'sdaughter

Member - 10Ker

• 17,566 posts
roflol

you guys can creep me out AND make me laugh. wow. :rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~KJV ONLY~