Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Why do we go through hard times?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Izzy

Izzy

Member - Wise One

• 890 posts
Sometimes we wonder "Why is God making us go through this!?" or "Why has he let us have little spiritual strength and not easily fight against sin?!" Well, I was thinking on that today and here's a parable type story on the only explanation I could think of. There was a black belt martial arts teacher in a town. One day, one of his younger pupils came to him and asked "Teacher, how did you get so strong and skillful at the arts?" The teacher answered "When I was young, my father was a martial arts teacher, who was weaker than I am today. From the time I was young he tried to teach me, but not always the easy way. He would tell me to do things that he knew would be the hardest thing I could possibly do, but that I could do if I tried, and kept pushing me really hard to complete them. Even after hours of training in a day, or on days I was sick, or on days that I was weak in general, he didn't go easy on me. He gave me the toughest he could. At the time, I saw this as a terrible thing. How it would make me suffer so, and I could not imagine why he did it, but now I know. It was because he knew what I know today. Though it may be painful and hard, it is when it's the hardest that you increase the most in strength and skill. Had he not trained me even with the hardest he could, I wouldn't be the martial artist that I am today." Notice this story, how the teacher went through the hardest things he could have had thrown at him, and trained hard even in weakness. I think we should look at that from a spiritual realm. God knows that what is best will be hard and rough, but he knows in the end it'll make us into the strong spiritual warriors we are called to be.
Posted Image
<span style="font-family:Arial Black">Isaiah 43:25 (NIV)

But the key is to let Him be Lord over it all. You can't lose with Him at the wheel.

brotyler

brotyler

Member - 1Ker

• 1,871 posts
Verry True , He doesnt give us whate we cant handle!

Thanks for sharing Izzy
<div align=\'center\'>Zephaniah 3:17 For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior.
Posted Image
</div>

hunterjumperchick

hunterjumperchick

Experienced Fellow

• 156 posts
This doesn't make sense to me. I understand that I have to get over hardships. Fine, let them come. But what about my sister? Didn't her life mean anything? And don't tell me god took her for a reason..she hadn't even properly lived.

brotyler

brotyler

Member - 1Ker

• 1,871 posts
Well god giveth and he taketh away. who are we to question him?

Thats all i'll say
<div align=\'center\'>Zephaniah 3:17 For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior.
Posted Image
</div>

Izzy

Izzy

Member - Wise One

• 890 posts

Well god giveth and he taketh away. who are we to question him?

Thats all i'll say[/b]

Very well said.
Posted Image

But the key is to let Him be Lord over it all. You can't lose with Him at the wheel.

hunterjumperchick

hunterjumperchick

Experienced Fellow

• 156 posts
Excuse me for presuming, but that's pretty easy to say when you haven't lost both your mom and your sister due to unnatural causes.

Izzy

Izzy

Member - Wise One

• 890 posts
I suppose it is, but nonetheless, since when is his will not as good as ours. I can't say in the least I understand God's plan. Heck, right now I'm going through one of the hardest times I've had to go through since I accepted Christ. I can't say it's as much of a tragedy as what you described, but nonetheless whatever he allows to happen it will happen for a reason. Do you not believe the Bible when in Romans 8:28 it says "For we know all things work together for good to those that love God and are called according to his purpose."? Regardless of how bad something that happens seems, it's all because he knows what's best for you. For example, a small child wants to eat a bunch of candy. The parent knows that if the child eats to much, it will give them cavities or make them fat, so the parent says no. Though it hurts the child a bit at the time, or so the child thinks, it is much better for the child later than if the parent had said yes. Same thing, just to a bigger scale.
Posted Image

brotyler

brotyler

Member - 1Ker

• 1,871 posts
I think god takes people befor there time because they see that there futre is'nt promising. but who am i to know

I know im having a hard time but im getting stronger every day,
Posted Image
</div>

hunterjumperchick

hunterjumperchick

Experienced Fellow

• 156 posts
ok, well here is something I've been struggling with.

So, skipping all the details, my sister was murdered. Don't most Christians argue that abortion is murder, killing an innocent child? My sister was an innocent child (she was 8) The murderer chose to kill Rebecca. People who have abortions choose to have abortions. So how are abortions different from murdering? You say god takes away what ge gives, so in that case couldn't we argue that the abortion was meant to hapen? This is really hard to put into words. What I'm saying is that a human took my sister's life, so how can you say it was god's will? if you do say it was god's will than how can you argue against abortion? It's the exact same situation- a human choosing to end another's life.

Mabinogi

Mabinogi

Member - 1Ker

• 3,424 posts
We're not justifying that what that person did to your sister was right. We're just saying that there's a bigger plan out there that we as humans don't understand and at times don't want even though it could possibly turn out good. <==although so far to you it doesn't seem so, and I can understand, because if I lost my sister I think that I would just mope around and not do anything for over a week. (not to say you're moping...)

"May you live every day of your life."

--Jonathon Swift

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound as they pass by."

--Douglas Adams

"Of all the things I miss, I miss my brain the most."

--Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hunterjumperchick

hunterjumperchick

Experienced Fellow

• 156 posts
Actually, it's been six years. And I don't really think my question has been answered.

jesusfreak2726

jesusfreak2726

Member - Wise One

• 687 posts
Danica - Murder = Sin , Abortion = Murder, Abortion = Sin

God never wants sin to happen. But it can and will happen regardless. God is not pulling the strings behind people sinning, but he can take people's sins and use them for things to happen for his glory.

<div align="center">In Christ Alone, My hope is found. He is my light, my strength my song. This Cornerstone, this Solid Ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm.</div>email me at jesusfreak2726@yahoo.com

hunterjumperchick

hunterjumperchick

Experienced Fellow

• 156 posts
Sounds like circular reasoning to me. :/

brotyler

brotyler

Member - 1Ker

• 1,871 posts

Danica - Murder = Sin , Abortion = Murder, Abortion = Sin

God never wants sin to happen. But it can and will happen regardless. God is not pulling the strings behind people sinning, but he can take people's sins and use them for things to happen for his glory.[/b]

Exactly, God didn't attend for your little sister to be murdered its sin

And sory to here about that Dancia
Posted Image
</div>

Walk the Talk

Walk the Talk

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Dear Danica,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss - and in such a terrible way.... God did not choose for that person to murder your sister. But, God allows us to have a "free will". This means that we all have the choice to accept or reject God's will for us. But, God does know - thru His foreknowledge what choices we will make. If God did not allow us a "free will", we would be nothing more than puppets on a string.

God did not say we would not suffer loss or affliction or temptation... but He did promise to be with us during this time... and He also promised to give us peace during these trials.

Now, before you say, that is easy for you to say, please let me explain, that I too have suffered great loss...

My husband and I surrendered our lives as missionaries. One week before we were to leave for Sri Lanka, we received a call that my niece had come home from school to find my sister dead... this was a total shock for our family, but God gave GREAT GRACE! Sure, it was very difficult... and we did not understand why, but God gave us grace to accept it and go on. He also gave my parents grace, and they gave our blessings as we took our family have way around the world to a third world country in great turmoil.

My story doesn't finish there.... less than three months ago, I also buried my mother. She died from cancer. We watched her go from c. 150 lbs. to less than 60 lbs in about a year. And my mother had perfect peace - she was ready to go "home." I still miss her sooo much! Besides my husband, she was my best friend, and our greatest prayer warrior, but once again, God gave Peace. It is easy for christians to use "flippant cliches", but God really does give us peace.

The Bible says that our life is but a vapor that is here for a little while and then vanishes away. It also says that a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years are as a day, but "Heaven is ETERNAL!" The most important thing for you is to know that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Saviour... ask HIM for peace thru your struggles in life and seek His Word for peace and direction. God wants to have a real relationship with you. He doesn't want you to be in pain - His desire is for you to grow in a relationship with Him and learn to trust Him in ALL areas of your life.

I hope I am not too preachy, it just seems like we have been thru alot of the same losses, and I wanted to share with you, as one who has somewhat walked in your shoes. I'll pray for you that God shows Himself real to you... and helps you heal from your great tragedies.

sincerely, walking

hunterjumperchick

hunterjumperchick

Experienced Fellow

• 156 posts
Thanks, Walking. I really appreciated your reply.

nic_c

nic_c

Member - 1Ker

• 1,227 posts
My dad sayes that God dus everthind for a reason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users