Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

WHAT do you buy a 14-year old boy for his birthday?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Alright... on 10th of February 2008, my brother turns 14. Thats this Sunday. Problem is I have NO idea what to get him. I know there are 13/14 year old guys here, and older guys maybe help with what you'd like at that age?

His interests are: Halo, dragons, martial arts, and Halo.

:( Anyone have any idea what a good gift idea would be?

1096allday

1096allday

Member - 1Ker

• 4,362 posts
well, does he like video games?

jk

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send?
And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Siriann

Siriann

Member - 1Ker

• 2,042 posts
What's your price range?

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Preferably under $20

Siriann

Siriann

Member - 1Ker

• 2,042 posts
iTunes gift card?

Kribensis12

Kribensis12

Member - 1Ker

• 2,808 posts
Probably a Case for his Ipod, if he has one.
Posted Image

I am married to CurlyQ, making me Mr. Kribensis 12 ( ohh wait, i already was Mr. kribensis 12)

People often say " When life gives you lemons, make lemonade". I say " When life gives you lemons, sell them back, and buy a flame thrower"

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

No, he doesn't have an iPod, and I don't even know what ITunes is... I doubt he does :(

Siriann

Siriann

Member - 1Ker

• 2,042 posts
In that case, guys like CDs.

Jman

Jman

Member - 5Ker

• 5,103 posts
As far as martial arts go, does he have any specific interest (i.e. does he practice a specific art, are there certain weapons he favors, etc)?

If a gift in that direction is looking like a possibility, I know that Century is a fairly good supplier.

The dude abides.</span>

fuzz

fuzz

Member - 1Ker

• 2,921 posts
Buy him a Halo 3 t-shirt from Hot Topic. xD. That's what my friends did. Lol. Or, any other first-person shooter game for whatever consoles you have. That's what I always get my younger brother [he's 12]. It's the safest way to go, and if he doesn't like it, we just give him the gift receipt to bring back to the store and exchange it for a game he does want :D.
<div align='right'>Posted Image</div>

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

As far as martial arts go, does he have any specific interest (i.e. does he practice a specific art, are there certain weapons he favors, etc)?

If a gift in that direction is looking like a possibility, I know that Century is a fairly good supplier.[/b]

He's a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. He already has a staff and rubber knives though.. I'll lookat the link. Thanks :)

The FUZZ

The FUZZ

Member - 1Ker

• 1,273 posts
give him money

1096allday

1096allday

Member - 1Ker

• 4,362 posts
Perhaps a gift card for a local video game retailer?

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send?
And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

I was hoping for a thing... not like a gift card or money :(

Like an idea in that direction....

Jman

Jman

Member - 5Ker

• 5,103 posts
An inexpensive belt display might not be a bad way to go - you should be able to find one that isn't too shoddy for somewhere between $20 and $40 with a bit of effort. It'd be meaningful, (fairly) inexpensive, and something he'd use (or at least see) on a daily basis.

The dude abides.</span>

Siriann

Siriann

Member - 1Ker

• 2,042 posts
You should get him an interesting book. Go to Borders and find one on a really odd/interesting subject.

fuzz

fuzz

Member - 1Ker

• 2,921 posts

You should get him an interesting book. Go to Borders and find one on a really odd/interesting subject.[/b]

Clever idea, if this 14-yr-old is that type of intellectual person.
If I got my brother a book for his birthday, I think he'd smack me. Lol.
<div align='right'>Posted Image</div>

SouthernGal05

SouthernGal05

Member - Wise One

• 506 posts
Buy him a DVD, CD, shirt, or video game. You can find DVDs and CDs for $20 and under at places like Best Buy. Nice stores even carry shirts for $20 or less. I'm not sure how expensive video games are, since I'm a girl, 21, and don't play them. ;) Does he have a favorite restaurant? Get him a gift certificate for that, if he does. Of course, when all else fails, just give him money and let him pick something out. :)
"Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that."
--Ephesians 5:1-2 (The Message)

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

An inexpensive belt display might not be a bad way to go - you should be able to find one that isn't too shoddy for somewhere between $20 and $40 with a bit of effort. It'd be meaningful, (fairly) inexpensive, and something he'd use (or at least see) on a daily basis.[/b]

Hey, thats really cool! He'd like that I think. Thanks a lot :D

jesussaves11

jesussaves11

Member - 1Ker

• 1,555 posts
get him something that repersents what he likes. works with my brother!
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gahndi

"The Lord doesn't expect you to be prefect, He expects you to be obedient."

Sometimes God wants to show you not only who you are when things are good, but who are you when your whole world is falling apart?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users