Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

God sings and dances over us

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

LyeDye

LyeDye

Member - 1Ker

• 1,597 posts
Hey, yo! :)

K. So today I TA (Teacher's Aide) for the fourth grade teacher during one of my studyhalls.

She's SUCH an amazing woman of God. Sometimes I think I learn more from her just talking to her students than in my actual Bible class. lol. Anyways, she quotes the Bible a lot, and lots of times when she's praying.

Today when she was praying, she said "Thank you that God sings and dances over us"
And the way she said it was the way she says things when she quotes Bible verses.

Is this a verse in the Bible? Do you any of you recognize it? Or did she just... make it up? lol. She didn't actually say it was a verse, she just said it, and I didn't get a chance to ask her about it.

This ring any bells with anyone?
"You've got moves. I've got shoes. Let's go dancing." -Joe Jonas
(Because whether you like the JoeBro's or not, that line is the most amazing thing ever. haha)

Steph.

Steph.

Member - 5Ker

• 8,936 posts
Er, the only thing I could find was in Zephaniah 3:14-17:

"...The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." [vs. 17]

LyeDye

LyeDye

Member - 1Ker

• 1,597 posts
Thanks. :) Maybe that's it. I'll ask her about it next time I see her. :)
(Because whether you like the JoeBro's or not, that line is the most amazing thing ever. haha)

youngreef87

youngreef87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I know that when Paul was in jail and was singing there where suddenly earthquakes. Now my preacher said that God basically was sitting at his throne, Angels playing music and worshipping. And "God says what is that noise?" The Angels says its us playing music for you. "He's like no it's Paul singing to me, stop and let me listen." And God starts to dance in all his glory but forgets that the world is his footstool.

LyeDye

LyeDye

Member - 1Ker

• 1,597 posts
haha. that's.... sweet. :)

I just heard the same thing the fourth grade teacher said in a song at church. Maybe that's where she got it. IDK. I've been on a missions trip for the past twelve days, so I still haven't seen her, haha, but I'll tell you what she says when I see her again. lol

HopeCline

HopeCline

Member - 1Ker

• 2,013 posts
I'm not sure if this is where your teacher was saying it from, but it's actually a song - Amazed.. it says something like:

You dance over me while I am unaware
You sing all around but I never hear the sound

Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
How You love me

How deep, how wide
How great is Your love for me

or something like that... but I was actually listening to a Way of the Master radio podcast that had something to do with this song and people were calling in trying to find out where this verse was in the Bible... and no one could find it... i don't know if it's super Biblical... but that's just a hunch :D
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("Eleanor Roosevelt")</div>

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("Robert Frost")</div>

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on.

Live. Life. Full.

anyabar1987

anyabar1987

Member - 10Ker

• 18,482 posts
but the song just might be a reinterpretation of the verses she is talking about. alot of songs are verses turned poem set to music

autumnsig_zpsbdc93ca0.png

How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rodgers or Captain Kangaroo?
-- Philip Yancey

~CTF daughter to Sami Jane~~CTF Mom to Unwritten Fingers~

~CTF Sisters to God's_Princess and NoelKT5~ and many other sisters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users