Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

A Rather Unconventional Christian

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

leadmeintothelight

leadmeintothelight

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello, my name is Carrie. I'm new here and I thought I'd post a little about myself...

Although I was raised Christian I've spent most of my life ignoring God and basically just doing what I wanted to do. Recently I've joined a new church and started on an Alpha course. I want to get to know God and live my life for Him.

I've suffered from depression and been a self harmer since the age of 12. I also suffer from anxiety and agorophobia. I'm struggling to put an end to my self harming once and for all, but it's hard because I've been addicted for 7 years now.

I've been an ethical vegetarian since the age of 13 and a vegan since I was 18. (This means no meat, milk, cream, cheese, eggs, honey, leather etc.) No whey!

I have 9 piercings (lip, tongue, nose, eyebrow, belly and two in each ear - stretched). Looking around at church, I feel like a rather unconventional christian!

It would be nice to get to know some of you, you seem like a nice bunch ^_^

EmmaNaomi

EmmaNaomi

Member - 1Ker

• 1,632 posts
Hey Carrie! Yay, another UK'er!
Lol, glad we seem like a nice bunch ;) Hope we live up to that impression.

-Emma

For He will command His angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways.
Psalm 91:11

LemonShower

LemonShower

Member - 5Ker

• 5,905 posts
Ooooh, I live in the UK too :D.

Welcome to CTF Carrie! I hope you continue to like CTF and find it beneficial ;).

I went on an Alpha course last year and I really enjoyed it :). It's awesome that you want to get to know God :clap:!

I have my left ear stretched too... to 4mm. Not very big, but I think they're awesome. I like piercings too, but I only want to get them on my ears. I have 5 at the moment :P.
<div align='center'>Posted Image

Posted Image

CTF's resident neuroscience undergraduate ^_^</div>

lucy x

lucy x

Experienced Fellow

• 181 posts
You sound rather Awesome =]
~books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke~

leadmeintothelight

leadmeintothelight

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Hey, thanks you lovely people for the warm welcome ^_^

Yeah my biggest tunnels are only 4mm - I wouldn't go any bigger.

My ear:

Posted Image

thesilent

thesilent

Member - 1Ker

• 1,871 posts
Hey, welcome! I'm C.B. It's awesome you're getting back into God. Hope you enjoy CTF! The majority of us aren't too crazy . . .
<div align='center'>"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams</div>

LemonShower

LemonShower

Member - 5Ker

• 5,905 posts
Ooooh snap! Your ear is lovely. I posted mine on here somewhere...

Posted Image

There they are! :lol:

Posted Image

CTF's resident neuroscience undergraduate ^_^</div>

leadmeintothelight

leadmeintothelight

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Ohh beautiful! And most colourful too! ^_^

Pointer

Pointer

Member - 5Ker

• 6,310 posts
I love unconventionality! Welcome!
-Chad

... your signature was so boring! Don't worry tho, I fixed it for you with this pretty purple tag! You can thank me later! ~Haley<3

peachplumpear

peachplumpear

Member - 1Ker

• 1,706 posts

Ooooh snap! Your ear is lovely. I posted mine on here somewhere...

Posted Image

There they are! :lol:[/b]

It's almost like you have six ears...

anyabar1987

anyabar1987

Member - 10Ker

• 18,482 posts
welcome aboard.

having lots of peircings aren't new around here, a while ago we had a few members post pictures of their ears and there was alot of metal in their ears. (back in 2006) I personally don't have any piercings because I couldn't stand to put holes in my ears

autumnsig_zpsbdc93ca0.png

How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rodgers or Captain Kangaroo?
-- Philip Yancey

~CTF daughter to Sami Jane~~CTF Mom to Unwritten Fingers~

~CTF Sisters to God's_Princess and NoelKT5~ and many other sisters

crookedeclipses

crookedeclipses

Member - Wise One

• 799 posts
lol while I don't have and don't think I'd like piercings, WELCOME to CTF! I hope you'll make some good friends here! :D
SONNET 60
Nativity, once in the main of light,
Crawls to maturity, wherewith being crown'd,

Crooked elipses 'gainst his glory fight,
And time that doth gave
Doth now his gift confound.

Silly boys, trucks are for girls!

nicklepoo!

nicklepoo!

Member - 1Ker

• 1,049 posts
Hey Carrie, I'm Nicole. Welcome to CTF! :)
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." -Albert Einstein

"Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering."- Augustine

DCYPL

DCYPL

Member - 1Ker

• 3,388 posts
Welcome :)

Dont be scared to be different, thats awesome.

I wouldnt hesitate to die, for the people in life worth living for...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery...today is a gift, that is why it is called the present"

"I realized a few days ago, who do I have to impress...? God loves me and thinks I am absolutely beautiful in His eyes..."

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Hey! Hope you enjoy the forums ^_^

Being different is awesome; great to have you here.

I have my nose and ears peirced. :D

leadmeintothelight

leadmeintothelight

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome ^_^

allanpopa

allanpopa

Member - 1Ker

• 1,769 posts
You know what Carrie, you're absolutely right, we're the nicest people in the world. :D

Nah, I'm joking. I hope you enjoy your stay here though.

Allan.

"Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains."
~ Karl Marx

"(N)eo-liberal economics is biased at every level towards centralization, consolidation, homogenization. It is a war waged on diversity."
~ Naomi Klein</div>

*cassie*

*cassie*

Member - Wise One

• 713 posts
Welcome Welcome. Hope you come on Chat :)
I haven't mastered how to make a sig enough to get a " oh my gosh YOUR SIG IS SO AWESOME" yet. I just got the "too big for the maximum allowed on CTF but its cute for your first time" comments :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users