Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Glenn Beck Interviews Joel Osteen

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

SoCalPinay

SoCalPinay

Member - 1Ker

• 1,056 posts

Ugh!!
Glenn and Joel giving us the apostate gospel...

I just shook my head after Osteen said that he has met countless Hindus who love God as much as we do. :bangin:
Which of their 10,000 gods?

Definitely disappointed with Beck for allowing Osteen to share his made up gospel.
And this guy has the largest church in America!!!

Yoda

Yoda

CTF Staff

• 16,877 posts
I find it very annoying that so many people are quick to believe that God has "told them something," when in reality, there's no good reason to believe that.

And regarding their comments about other religions, the central issue is that the Lord said He was the only way to salvation. It's one thing to interpret this passage (and similiar ones) differently, provided you have a sound basis for doing so, but you can't just ignore it altogether as Osteen apparently does. Of course, if someone really is wrong, and their error will cost them eternity, are you not showing "love" by trying to save them? It would certainly be better than allowing them to go to Hell, but of course Osteen ignores this.

"God is light; and in Him there is no darkness at all." (1 John 1:5)

Yoda is an awesome light saber wielding administrator whom I now have the honor of siggy tagging! ~HaleyGirl16<3

Visit my Youtube Channel || Reasonable Faith

Deeper

Deeper

Member - 5Ker

• 8,740 posts

I just shook my head after Osteen said that he has met countless Hindus who love God as much as we do. :bangin:
Which of their 10,000 gods?[/b]

Exactly. I don't even need to explain. But remember, Glenn beck believes he can become a god as well (if he holds to his religion, Mormonism)

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts
^
Which you don't know if he does or not. So it's kinda silly making such statements.

Personally, I know a lot of people who adhere to "Eastern" religions and lifestyles, and I can agree with Osteen.

But that's really not the point. I think it has more to do with the fact that this is a man who is closely watched by millions of people; I can't imagine the stress he must experience every day of his life.

I'm not about to assume he's just out to "save face" when, for all I know, he doesn't know what else he can say without losing the means to support his church.

A president's hardest task is not to do what's right, but to know what's right. ~ Lyndon B. Johnson
FYGer.

Jehovah'sdaughter

Jehovah'sdaughter

Member - 10Ker

• 17,566 posts
Beck is most definitely Mormon.

Born in Mount Vernon, Washington, Glenn Beck was raised a Roman Catholic. He graduated from Sehome High School in Bellingham, Washington in 1982.
His early life was pitted with tragedies. His mother committed suicide when he was 13. One of his brothers-in-law also committed suicide. Another sibling reportedly had a fatal heart attack.[8]
Beck is a self-described reformed alcoholic. In the aftermath of those three family tragedies, Beck said he used "Dr. Jack Daniels" to cope. He and his first wife divorced amid his struggle with substance abuse. Beck cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous in his sobriety, and he eventually converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which teaches against the consumption of alcohol.
Beck has spoken often of his religious beliefs and conversion. "God stalked me!...He had a giant baptismal rifle," Beck said. "I thwarted him. I led people astray as much as I could, but he kept putting Mormons in my way."[9]
[/b]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~KJV ONLY~

*What you are is what you breathe,
You gotta cry before you sing.*

My daughter: Haleygirl16
My grandkids: Christopherjr, trueimage15, Anabeth, herbiefullyloaded, and zia

"Avoid Floppage.--Haleygirl16"

Deeper

Deeper

Member - 5Ker

• 8,740 posts

Which you don't know if he does or not. So it's kinda silly making such statements.[/b]

No one calls themselves Mormon if they don't intend to follow it to the T. I've studied mormonism for a few years, talked to Mormons, talked to people wiser than I about Mormonism picking their brains for information. You are not a Mormon if you don't believe what Joseph Smith taught. period.

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts
I'm a Mormon.

See, that was easy.

And thanks for ignoring the bulk of my post.
FYGer.

Milly

Milly

Member - 1Ker

• 2,576 posts
Osteen creeps me out hardcore. and I feel bad for him.

CrossDefender

CrossDefender

Member - Wise One

• 679 posts
Mormans freak me out...
Posted Image
J-Dubb, we love you, we miss you, see ya soon, bro.

SoCalPinay

SoCalPinay

Member - 1Ker

• 1,056 posts
Why do all my news posts always get blown out of proportion lol SORRY AGAIN MODS!

Jehovah'sdaughter

Jehovah'sdaughter

Member - 10Ker

• 17,566 posts
Idk, maybe because Comeuppance likes creating conflict where there shouldn't be any. <_<
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~KJV ONLY~

MrSugar

MrSugar

Member - 1Ker

• 2,060 posts
And here I was afraid to say anything againt him =3. I am in good company?
My ground is the Bible. Yea, I am a Bible-bigot. I follow it in all things, both great and small. - John Wesley

ASK ME ANYTHING: http://www.formspring.me/seniorsugar

Deeper

Deeper

Member - 5Ker

• 8,740 posts

I'm a Mormon.

See, that was easy.

And thanks for ignoring the bulk of my post.[/b]

I pm'd you a few questions, I don't want to take this off topic. However, you being Mormon doesn't change what I said. You don't have to answer publicly, but do you believe you can become a god like Lorenzo Snow teaches? "As man is, God once was; as God is, man may be."

Jehovah'sdaughter

Jehovah'sdaughter

Member - 10Ker

• 17,566 posts
I don't think he's actually Mormon... :unsure:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~KJV ONLY~

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts
And here I was, thinking that you all could do with a little illustrative point to clear things.

So I'll spell it out.

Mr. Osteen is under a great deal of public watchfulness. This is stressful.
Mr. Osteen has a large church which requires a lot of money to keep in order. This is stressful.
Mr. Osteen knows that his church's well-being depends on the continual flow of income, donated by his viewers.
Mr. Osteen realizes that neither CNN nor FOX is TBN, and hat there are many religions in the world.
Mr. Osteen understands that if he offends a large portion of those watching his show, it will reflect poorly on him.
Mr. Osteen does not want to be see as a bigot, and so he is sure to be understanding of the religious backgrounds of others.

So that he might not directly nor indirectly cause the cessation of funds, he keeps his more controversial opinions to himself.

Again, thank you all for ignoring the bulk of my posts. No, I am not Mormon; I had hoped that you would see that anyone can say anything at anytime for any reason.

And here I was afraid to say anything againt him =3. I am in good company?[/b]

You avoid confrontation, until you feel secure in your numbers against me? How very noble of you.
FYGer.

MrSugar

MrSugar

Member - 1Ker

• 2,060 posts
I was speaking of Osteen you little martyr you.
My ground is the Bible. Yea, I am a Bible-bigot. I follow it in all things, both great and small. - John Wesley

ASK ME ANYTHING: http://www.formspring.me/seniorsugar

Reincarnate

Reincarnate

Member - 5Ker

• 7,228 posts

Idk, maybe because Comeuppance likes creating conflict where there shouldn't be any. <_<[/b]

Well if you read closely, he didn't... all he did was just not get on Olsteen's case.

I don't know what definition of science you're using in fundamenta-la-la-land, but by rational accounts, Creationism is not scientific.

you're obviously so perfect and everyone loves you

:wub:

Also, I have the best boyfriend in the world. <3 Pointer

Deeper

Deeper

Member - 5Ker

• 8,740 posts

I don't think he's actually Mormon... :unsure:[/b]

Glenn Beck is Mormon

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

I just shook my head after Osteen said that he has met countless Hindus who love God as much as we do. :bangin:[/b]

I don`t see how anyone can disagree if they are not of the Hindu faith themselves.

JAG

JAG

Member - 10Ker

• 12,243 posts
Aside from the first half of that interview...the second half (about the plane crash) was pretty nice and encouraging.
"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."
- C.S. Lewis -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users