Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Moving.... Goodbye party ideas?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

iCraveSweets247

iCraveSweets247

Experienced Fellow

• 268 posts
So I'm moving in a couple weeks to another state. I wanted to see all my friends, from church, school, and wherever else, one last time so I was thinking of throwing a good bye party..... is it cheesy to throw one for yourself? It'd be for my brother (a year younger than me) and I.

I was thinking of avoiding having it at my house, like having it somewhere like the community pool/field. I don't want to pay much money. I was thinking of having it at the community pool/field and calling it like a potluck/pool party, and asking everyone to bring something, that way there will be plenty of food for everybody and I don't have to supply anything but plates and soda. I wanted to have like a slip n slide party, but theres not enough hoses lol. But I wanted to have it in the evening, like 7-11 or something.... What do you think? The pool also has like an attached "splash park" like one of those things that sprays water.

The other places around I could go is the beach, which actually now that i think of it is a good option bc we could still have the potluck by the picnic tables.... but then again i dont want people going into the water bc my mom doesnt want to be responsible for other kids. Or I was thinking of like a park.... but what activity could people do there? ugg this is very confusing! And plus, I want to play music, but i dont want people dancing bc the kids will dance dirty lol.

I thought this would be nice because I could have pictures and get to say goodbye to my friends, but I am worried that its going to be tacky because ive never heard of someone throwing themselves a goodbye party before haha!

Ideas/thoughts would be great.
"Few are those who see with their own eyes, and feel with their own hearts, and think with their own minds.. and he who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." -Albert Einstein

SamanthaMorgan<3

SamanthaMorgan<3

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 63 posts
No ofcourse it isnt tacky.
Iv'e heard of people throwing themselves going away parties before, why not?
Maybe not till eleven that's a little late. though something like 5or 6 till 10 could be good.
but then you have to think of lighting if its at night.

what's the community feild like?
Samantha. 17. God. Praise. Life. Love <33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users