Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Unique Service Project Ideas

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Member - 1Ker

• 1,748 posts
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some out-of-the-ordinary service project ideas for a group of about 50 students (my marching band). I'd really like to do something other than the typical visit-a-nursing-home or food bank deal. It'd be super awesome if it could be something that will help to emphasize the lesson I'm trying to encourage through this, which is that we can use our God-given talents to serve others and glorify God. I'd appreciate it if you can help me think of some ideas! Thanks!

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Guest_FirefromtheEast_*

Hmm. The first thing that came to my mind worked very well for me and a few friends (there were 6 including me), but it wasn`t 50 people. :/
My school was very into the community service thing, and not only were we required 50 hours a year, but little projects that we would make PowerPoint slideshows and write papers about. (Meaning, it counted for computer class, English class and our community service.)

We offered to be the birthday entertainment at birthday parties of some neighbours of kids in the area. We dressed as clowns and made those balloon animals and did cheap card tricks.

If you aren`t opposed to dressing in a clown suit and bending balloons in fun shapes for screaming children for hours, you could give it a try...

acoker95

acoker95

Experienced Fellow

• 183 posts
Go to local childern's home and talk to the people in charge and see if they'll let you guys have a picknick and fun games for the kids there. You could have everyone bring different things as far as supplies goes. It would make those kids REALLY happy.
Let Him free your worries(:

Maria_AMDG

Maria_AMDG

Member - 1Ker

• 1,301 posts
A lot of charitable agencies collect homemade blankets, quilts, afghans et cet and deliver them to people in need. You could gather your band members and have everyone help in making them. Those talented in knitting or crocheting could create them in that manner, and even those with less experience can make simple fleece throws (you can look online for easy patterns and instructions) and help out with cutting and organizing. It is a fun way to do service and would connect nicely with your lesson, because even though everyone has varying degrees of talent, they can all find some way to use it for the benefit of others and to glorify God. The only downside is you have to find some way to pay for all the materials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users