Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Your Wedding...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

horsesforlife

horsesforlife

Member - 1Ker

• 3,028 posts
I know it's another one of those girly topics, and it might be rather far off for some of us, but what do you girls want your wedding to be like?
Small? Big? What sort of dress would you wear?
Would you get married in a church? or somewhere else?
Pretty much describe your dream wedding. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Today, I will be happier than a bird with a french fry"
"Life isn't about finding yourself, its about creating yourself"

heychicky818

heychicky818

Member - 1Ker

• 1,556 posts
I want to have a big dramatic wedding! With a big poofy dress with a long train that is snow white. I want to get married in a Chapel just because they are so beautiful. I want flowers EVERYWHERE!!! and just a great wedding that is very traditional. Silly, I know. But thats just ME.
In these bodies, we will live. In these bodies, we will die. Where you invest your love, you invest your life. Awake My Soul

WorldinthePalm

WorldinthePalm

Member - 1Ker

• 1,107 posts
I want a small wedding, probably in the church of my husband's choosing (as we'd most likely be doing it near his family since mine is very small). I want a simple, shorter, non bulky cream dress. No tuxes allowed. I find guys much more attractive in nice black suits than tuxes.

My reception would also be fairly small. I'd do brunch (since it's the cheapest, hehe). I want either a champagne or chocolate fountain. Simple table decorations of square glass vase with a few nice branches in water. Cream table clothes with raspberry or red covers and black napkins

yep, that's it
Posted Image
You know what they say: you can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk really fast or he'll die.

fjs93

fjs93

Member - 1Ker

• 1,834 posts
Mine would be simple,want it in a church.I want a nice, long dress.Kind of don't want a strapless dress.

Idk,I haven't put much thought into it.
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:2-3

OhhSnapStephanie

OhhSnapStephanie

Member - 1Ker

• 1,589 posts
I want an very small wedding. I don't want it to be very expensive. I can do without gobs of decorations because I want mine to be outside. God can do the decorating for me ;)
I would like a semi-puffed out white dress, maybe floor length, maybe knee length. I dunno. I want my bouquet to be daisies.

ps: I already know where I am getting married. It's on a cliff overlooking the ocean. I couldn't ask for anywhere more beautiful
Death is the road to awe.

voy_a_seguir_te

voy_a_seguir_te

Experienced Fellow

• 290 posts
I'll just JP it. :)
<div align='center'><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"> "It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.” -St. Francis of Assisi

"The place where God calls you is the place where your deep gladness
and the world's deep hunger meet." -Wild at Heart</span>

<a href="http://xanga.com/globalexpeditions" target="_blank">
Posted Image</a></div>

Rizel

Rizel

Member - 1Ker

• 3,860 posts

ps: I already know where I am getting married. It's on a cliff overlooking the ocean. I couldn't ask for anywhere more beautiful[/b]

I so want to come... weddings are lovely.

horsesforlife

horsesforlife

Member - 1Ker

• 3,028 posts

ps: I already know where I am getting married. It's on a cliff overlooking the ocean. I couldn't ask for anywhere more beautiful[/b]

That sounds amazing! What a great idea.

For my wedding, I want it to be medium sized, not anything too small, but I do want a few people to be there.
I want a floor lenghth poofy dress.
I might even wear my mom's wedding dress, that my grandma wore before she did. I think that would be kinda neat.
As for where I want to get married, a church would be my preference, like an old cathedral type church. Either that or maybe the beach.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Today, I will be happier than a bird with a french fry"
"Life isn't about finding yourself, its about creating yourself"

Deborah

Deborah

Member - 1Ker

• 1,095 posts
I hope to have a simple, and classic wedding...it looks like it will take place in the fall next year, but no definite date yet (just our general thought). It's most likely going to be at his church because he started his Christian walk there and is close to so many members. And it's a beautiful church big enough to house all of the guests (I have a LOT of relatives and he has a ton of friends)...
I know I want "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" and "Canon in D" played but not sure on the rest...definitely classical. I love classical.
My friend offered to play the harp for free, she's professional, and that would be awesome.

Nothing extravagent (we're going to be very frugal)...

For the dress....I honestly don't know. Not strapless (1) because I don't really prefer that for me 2) My boobs are so small it wouldn't really be pretty lol), but maybe speghetti strap or a little wider staps. Modest, beautiful, classic...and long. Not poofy.

Oh- and my dad to marry us. He's a pastor and has a license to do that. I think that would be really sweet.
Deborah, 19 years old.
That's my boyfriend of 2 and a half years in my pic :) He's the best.
I'm a typical college kid, except that I think way too much.
I'm an original FYGer, along with Pointer and Brian.
My favorite book is Wuthering Heights. I'm sort of obsessed with it.
Also, I look like I'm 14. However, I'm not, so don't let that deceive you.

Rockin' Robin

Rockin' Robin

Member - 1Ker

• 1,748 posts
ahhh yes. I have this all planned out. (well, sorta. haha) my grandma was a wedding coordinator and owned a wedding facility up until just recently... so I know everything there is to know about weddings.... (:

The colors will be black, white, and deep purple. The reception will be at a urban/contemporary styled building, I'm thinking with wood floors and brick walls, and handmade centerpieces on every table. I also loove those lanterns which are popular at weddings. In white, black, and purple?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The cake.. maybe something like these:

Posted Image
(but with purple flowers)

Posted Image

Posted Image

The dress.. something pretty plain and silky and flowy and comfortable. No strapless. Those things never work out and the brides my grandma works with always end up being miserable in them all night. But I'm thinking maybe something sleeveless with a v-cut in the front and back, yet not with too much cleavage! o__o maybe like a black or purple bow.. or just all white.

Oh, and I'm lovin' the all-black tux... :wub:
Posted Image

or with a purple tie like so:

Posted Image

Bridesmaid dresses... purple for sure:

Posted Image

Yet I'm thinking something maybe knee-length... and then simple, strappy sandals.

Oh! I almost forgot. All the guys (groom and groomsmen) are wearing classic black/white converse. This is decided:

Posted Image

I think that I may even wear black/white converse... haven't decided yet. With a long white dress with a black bow?

Ok. I think that covers almost everything.. :P I love weddings, if you can't tell. Now I only have to find the groom. haha :rolleyes:

btw, those of you girls who love thinking about weddings, you should totally look at some sites like this. I love looking at the photos from the weddings. They are all so creative and unique.

Madame Captain

Madame Captain

Member - 5Ker

• 5,405 posts
I'll take it anyway to comes...

He's squishy. I shall call him Squishy... Actually, everyone calls him Squishy. 24/05

Blue Steel

Blue Steel

Member - 1Ker

• 2,719 posts
I want a massive wedding! If I was allowed I would have it in a courtroom! I love Law so much I would marry it.

Bloody JAFA girls, they are a plague on us all.:P

Brekat

Brekat

Member - 10Ker

• 11,615 posts
Well, I don't want to freak my husband out by having it all planned out. There are things that I would LIKE, but it all depends on my man's preferences and the situation regarding the wedding, etc. I'd LIKE to have a white, red, and gold theme. I want to have one red strip of material somewhere on my wedding dress. Like...a sash that goes around my waist and flows behind or something. And I want roses. But that's really as far as I've gotten. haha

And I really want to walk down the aisle to Forever by Kiss. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

annabananna

annabananna

Member - 1Ker

• 2,367 posts
I've had my wedding planned for years. No one to marry yet, but whatever :P

It's going to be in a little chapel out in the country, surrounded by trees. It'll be really small, just our closest friends and family. My dress is undecided, but I'd love a square neckline (they suit me), floor length, white with champagne gold or yellow accents.
That is one of the only parts I don't know about, whether the wedding will be white and yellow, or white and champagne gold. I adore yellow roses..
The bridesmaids will wear either the yellow or the gold, depending on which we (I) choose :P
[FONT=&][FONT=Palatino Linotype][/FONT][/FONT]

jesuschic4life

jesuschic4life

Member - 1Ker

• 1,698 posts
I just want a simple wedding, a simple dress, Not too poofy and not to bland, and a short trane?

and lots of people tho,

the reception, a good time with a dance one for fun, and a fther daughter and 1st as husband and wife type.

Then spend the money on a honeymoon! A CRUISE :)
I'd rather live day to day like there is a God and die and find out there isn't. Then to live day to day like there is no God and die and find out there is.

Dying for us is the most He Can Do, Living for HIM is the Least we can do.

heychicky818

heychicky818

Member - 1Ker

• 1,556 posts
Here are some pictures of how I want my wedding.
Posted Image

This will be the Chapel I am married in

Posted Image

This will be the dress I wear.

Posted Image

This will be the hairstyle I will have.

Posted Image

This will be the bouquet I hold.

Posted Image

This will be the cake.

Posted Image

This will be the Tux my hubby wears.

And thats it for right now...

In these bodies, we will live. In these bodies, we will die. Where you invest your love, you invest your life. Awake My Soul

jesuschic4life

jesuschic4life

Member - 1Ker

• 1,698 posts

This will be the hairstyle I will have.

Posted Image

I love the headband. Very stylish
I'd rather live day to day like there is a God and die and find out there isn't. Then to live day to day like there is no God and die and find out there is.

Dying for us is the most He Can Do, Living for HIM is the Least we can do.

heychicky818

heychicky818

Member - 1Ker

• 1,556 posts
Thanks!

wheggledd

wheggledd

Accomplished Poster

• 367 posts
My dream wedding...

I would love to have my wedding in my back yard, because it is amazing. I would like to have it sometime in late spring, when all the flowers are blooming. I'd like to get hitched under the our arbor that leads to the garden. I prefer a small wedding, close friends and family. I'll probably just have three brides maids (sisters), a ringbearer, and a few flower girls. I love the traditional white gown and tux. Fancy cake, yummy food.
I would like music people can dance to, probably Classical, Jazz, and Christian. Yeahh...I haven't really thought about a lot of the details.
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Psalm 34:17-19 - The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;</span>
Posted Image

fauxxmodel

fauxxmodel

Member - Wise One

• 615 posts
I want to be married in a Church. Theres a reallllyyy old Episcopalian church by my school that is soo gorgeous, so I am thinking there.
My dress will be strapless and sweetheart cut with a corset-esk top and the bottom will be gathered taffeta material.
Posted Image

My dad and my uncle will walk me down the isle and give me away, and my big brother from Greek life will be waiting at the end to also give me away, as he represents the greek family in my life at school.
my hair will be half up/half down in curls with a tiara.
My nails will be french tipped acrylics.
My boyfriend wants to wear his Dress Blues, and have his groomsmen in suits.
My girls will be wearing knee length strapless dresses in either crimson or black.
Posted Image

the centerpieces will be as such:
Posted Image

and the cake will be simple, along these lines
Posted Image

I also want a slideshow playing at the reception before the wedding party arrives of pictures of me and my husband as kids until adults.

I have had this planned out for a long time. My boyfriend is okay with it, since he knows this is my big day that i have wanted for so very long.
But for now, I am just focused on getting it to be next summer so I can get this:
Posted Image

(I have had it picked out since I was 16)

and begin planning this shindig :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users