Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Who believes in Replacement Theology?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you hold to RT? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you hold to RT?

1. Yes (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. No (6 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Unsure (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

God-Sent

God-Sent

Member - 5Ker

• 7,138 posts

Replacement Theology was introduced to the Church shortly after Gentile leadership took over from Jewish leadership. What are its premises?

• Israel (the Jewish people and the land) has been replaced by the Christian Church in the purposes of God, or, more precisely, the Church is the historic continuation of Israel to the exclusion of the former.
  • The Jewish people are now no longer a "chosen people." In fact, they are no different from any other group, such as the English, Spanish, or Africans.
  • Apart from repentance, the new birth, and incorporation into the Church, the Jewish people have no future, no hope, and no calling in the plan of God. The same is true for every other nation and group.
  • Since Pentecost of Acts 2, the term "Israel," as found in the Bible, now refers to the Church.
  • The promises, covenants and blessings ascribed to Israel in the Bible have been taken away from the Jews and given to the Church, which has superseded them. However, the Jews are subject to the curses found in the Bible, as a result of their rejection of Christ.
[/b]

http://www.therefine...nt_theology.htm

I will say, I do not. It has many flaws within it.
You've been here too long not to get tagged. SOOO I fixed the problem by giving you your first siggy tag! You're welcome ~Haley<3

froggielover

froggielover

Member - Wise One

• 965 posts
My pastor likes to use this to sort of describe Israel and their role now:

If this were a sportsgame, Israel was on the field playing. They were God's first choice. Now Israel has been benched and we(Christians) have been subbed in. Israel will get a chance to play again though, they are not kicked out of the game.

I do not think that we can look at a complete replacement of Israel. I was reading about Joseph the other day. There are many parallels between Joeseph and Jesus. One being that Joeseph's brother's (or Israel) did not recognise him (Jesus) as their brother (Messiah). It wasn't until everyone else was taken out of the room (the Church) that his brothers (Israel) recognised him (Jesus) for who he was. (the italic part was something my pastor expanded on to make his point about the Rapture) And then there was reconciliation. They will recognise Him on His second coming.

I know there are many other instances that point to Israel not being cut out, that was just the first thought that came to my head. :)

Edit: If anyone wants to read a little bit about the parallels between Joseph and Jesus, here is a link I just came across: link

John 6:35 -Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. "

Fully Rely On God

mpok1519

mpok1519

Member - 1Ker

• 3,041 posts
I say the Jewish faith is cool with me regardless.

Techno Panda

Techno Panda

Member - 1Ker

• 1,463 posts
...are we talking about evolving religions? cause I'm not into that stuff.

benedictus

benedictus

Member - 1Ker

• 1,685 posts
No, I do not subscribe to replacement theology in any sense.

One such problem with replacement theology is that it goes against the prophesied so called "corporate conversion" of the Jewish people at the end of times that Scripture refers to throughout the New Testament.

In addition, while the New Israel does refer to the Church and the Old laws and Covenant have been fulfilled in Christ, the Jewish people still maintain their identity as God's chosen and Christians as elect in the Kingdom and the historical role of Israel and the Jewish people maintains an important role in the salvation history of the Christian people.

I'm just a boy who can shave.
</span>

<div align=\'right\'>CTFwed to Matthew <3
CTFwed to Catrina <span style="color:#ff0000"><3

</div>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users