Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

St. Bernadette's Body after 122 years.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Setsuko Flin

Setsuko Flin

Member - 1Ker

• 2,164 posts
I thought this was truly amazing, and beautiful. :)

St. Bernadette's Body after 122 years.

The thing to remember is that the poor sisters of those days were buried in a pine box and in no way embalmed like today.

This is one of the 200+ miracle facts of incorruptible bodies that can only be traced to most of the declared saints of the Roman Catholic Church.

These are the pictures of St. Bernadette who died 122 years ago in Lourdes, France and was buried... her body was only discovered 30 years ago. After church officials decided to examine it, they discovered her body is still fresh today. If you ever go to Lourdes, France you can see her in the church in Lourdes. Her body isn't decomposing because during her lifetime, the Blessed Mother would always appear to her and give messages and advice to all mankind on the right way to live on this earth. Many miracles have taken place in Lourdes and still do until today.

These pictures were taken in the church at Lourdes where her body is on display.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Scientists have wondered about this because it defies the laws of nature and instead of expecting a foul smell of a dead body, a fragrance of flowers can be experienced when the glass of coffin is opened. Some say they experience the fragrance by just going near the coffin. You can visit the Church of Lourdes, France to verify yourself the authenticity of this truly wonderful experience and see for yourself a living miracle of our times.

<div align='center'>Posted Image</div>
<div align='center'>Posted Image

If a baby is not safe in his or her mother’s womb, no place is safe anymore.
Can you imagine the terror that those innocent little babies endure as the cold steel instruments pierce their tiny bodies?
Pray for the end of Abortion. </div>

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts

"The body is practically mummified, covered with patches of mildew and quite a notable layer of salts, which appear to be calcium salts. ... The skin has disappeared in some places, but it is still present on most parts of the body."[/b]

Embalmed.

Even if not intentionally.
FYGer.

Setsuko Flin

Setsuko Flin

Member - 1Ker

• 2,164 posts

Embalmed.

Even if not intentionally.[/b]

Yes it is. but even embalming can't preserve a body that well for that long.

EDIT: Just did some research, and learned she wasn't embalmed or preserved.

Can you imagine the terror that those innocent little babies endure as the cold steel instruments pierce their tiny bodies?

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts
200 years isn't all that long. I think god could think of more helpful ways of showing his power than preventing the body decay of a corpse. Maybe something like preventing the body decay of living, sick children.
FYGer.

proud_orthodox_guy

proud_orthodox_guy

Member - 5Ker

• 9,311 posts
That's really awesome. I don't care what the "doubters" say.

God is wonderful in His Saints.

DCYPL

DCYPL

Member - 1Ker

• 3,388 posts

200 years isn't all that long. I think God could think of more helpful ways of showing His power than preventing the body decay of a corpse.[/b]

Amen

Im just a skeptic, dont let this take anything away from your awe of this.. :) awe away
I wouldnt hesitate to die, for the people in life worth living for...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery...today is a gift, that is why it is called the present"

"I realized a few days ago, who do I have to impress...? God loves me and thinks I am absolutely beautiful in His eyes..."

Setsuko Flin

Setsuko Flin

Member - 1Ker

• 2,164 posts

200 years isn't all that long. I think god could think of more helpful ways of showing his power than preventing the body decay of a corpse. Maybe something like preventing the body decay of living, sick children.[/b]

Forgive me for my second post. I just did some reading, and learned that St. Bernadette was not embalmed. The nuns back then were very poor, and couldn't afford to embalm anyone.

proud_orthodox_guy

proud_orthodox_guy

Member - 5Ker

• 9,311 posts

Forgive me for my second post. I just did some reading, and learned that St. Bernadette was not embalmed. The nuns back then were very poor, and couldn't afford to embalm anyone.[/b]

Makes it even more awesome!

Crescentheart

Crescentheart

Member - 1Ker

• 1,146 posts
I absolutely adore St. Bernadette, and the story of her and the spring Mary showed her. Oh what a wonderful post!!!!!!

<3 The glow of the crescent moon feels like the light of love <3

[SIGPIC]Your Current Signature Picture[/SIGPIC]

If I could give these souls hope for another day......

Love is that which brings us hope.

CTF engaged: WiccanCrow The Wise One
I'll just leave this pretty purple tag here for you. ~Haley<3

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts

Forgive me for my second post. I just did some reading, and learned that St. Bernadette was not embalmed. The nuns back then were very poor, and couldn't afford to embalm anyone.[/b]

Thus why I said "even unintentionally"; the fact that she was preserved by means other than human ritua, doesn't mean she wasn't embalmed. It's clear that she hs a "crust," as wikipedia puts it, of salts and oher preserving additives.
FYGer.

Setsuko Flin

Setsuko Flin

Member - 1Ker

• 2,164 posts

I absolutely adore St. Bernadette, and the story of her and the spring Mary showed her. Oh what a wonderful post!!!!!![/b]

I know! The story at Lourdes is so amazing. :)

You know proud_orthodox_guy, you're right, it is amazing, and I don't care what people say, it's truly the work of a God. :)

parkingwars

parkingwars

Member - 1Ker

• 1,397 posts
I'm pretty skeptical of many stories about God appearing and strange things happening with bodies, but many preservations of this nature do have an eerie otherworldly feel. Even if she was exposed to some preserving naturally occurring chemicals, I don't think they would have preserved her this well. You'd swear she was still alive.

Even good old Abe Lincoln didn't look that good after years in the ground and being dug up and viewed over and over. Lenin's body doesn't look so hot either.
My siggy is a
haiku. Your argument is
invalid. Good day.

Hating is the sincerest form of flattery.
So many assume. So little know.
Don't worry, if I call you a name, you do, in fact, deserve it. Why? Because I tell the truth.

JoshuaPopper

JoshuaPopper

Member - 1Ker

• 2,585 posts
Heh, the Evangelicals are skeptical of every miracle that occurs outside of Evangelicalism. I think this is great, it is eerie and otherworldy, but who's to say that religion shouldn't be uncomfortable? :)

Josh
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max Power @ Jan 19 2010, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

IHOP has a university? That means the following conversation might one day happen!

Joe: Hey Bob, what was your major in college?
Bob: Waffles.

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts

I'm pretty skeptical of many stories about God appearing and strange things happening with bodies, but many preservations of this nature do have an eerie otherworldly feel. Even if she was exposed to some preserving naturally occurring chemicals, I don't think they would have preserved her this well. You'd swear she was still alive.[/b]

If you were to look up other reports on it, you would see that patches of her skin have deteriorated as normal. Kinda makes you think that a natural, uneven distribution of salts accumulated, preserving certain parts of which they naturally took pictures of, eh?

No, no, it's a miracle.
FYGer.

Ronald

Ronald

Member - 1Ker

• 2,078 posts
http://www.dailymail...babys-skin.html

The saint and the baby. Both clearly the work of God, wouldn't you Catholics agree?
Cause I know my God saved the day
And I know His Word never fails
And I know my God made a way for me
Salvation is here

Consider yourself tagged! ~Haley<3

parkingwars

parkingwars

Member - 1Ker

• 1,397 posts

If you were to look up other reports on it, you would see that patches of her skin have deteriorated as normal. Kinda makes you think that a natural, uneven distribution of salts accumulated, preserving certain parts of which they naturally took pictures of, eh?

No, no, it's a miracle.[/b]

As someone who has taken in depth science courses I stand by what I've said. The salts wouldn't preserve what they have touched THAT well
My siggy is a
haiku. Your argument is
invalid. Good day.

Don't worry, if I call you a name, you do, in fact, deserve it. Why? Because I tell the truth.

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts
Then maybe you should use your in-depth theology knowledge to ask god why he's wasting miracle time on dead people.

By the way, cool dry environments, accompanied by certain, not-uncommon chemical reactions have preserved corpses for a thousand years without the normal amount of degradation.
FYGer.

Zabby

Zabby

CTF Staff

• 14,231 posts
Guys calm down in here. This thread is not for debating the validity of this miracle but for just enjoying it. Do not start bashing or debating in this thread.

There is a trace of You in every alleluia... and it's Your sacred heart within me beating. Your voice within me singing out, for love of You. - Audrey Assad

You're like Lt. Commander Data ^_^

Zabby Has Pointer Approval
-= Yves t'a sig-taggé ^_^ =-
TAG! You're it =D ~Haley<3

CTF married to Yves

parkingwars

parkingwars

Member - 1Ker

• 1,397 posts
Theology knowledge...uh huh...

The effect of saponification creates a distinctive "look" that this corpse does not have.

I will also have to remember that God has a set limit on miracles. They're a bit like food stamps I suppose
My siggy is a
haiku. Your argument is
invalid. Good day.

Setsuko Flin

Setsuko Flin

Member - 1Ker

• 2,164 posts
*sigh* Another one of my topics turned into a flaming debate.

I GIVE UP!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users