Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

why does god hate me?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Della

Della

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I feel as though i have had enough. I no longer feel like going to church neither do I feel like reading the bible because I just see no point. I keep feeling like God hates me.

Ok I am not exactly perfect. Neither am I a good Christian. I have liked Harry Potter and still do since I were little. I am also into Twilight and New Moon and I am also into computer games. Computer games like shin magami tensei lucifer's call. etc. I am sure you would get the hint.

more to the point I feel like God hates me. Everyone at the church seems to be telling the preacher how God answers their prayers and how God loves them and how they read the bible everyday and i am stuck with the thought as why can't i be that kind of christian? why can't i pray everyday and read the bible everyday? why is it i am always the one doing wrong? can't i ever do anything right? i just wish i can be someone else.

Also i look at jesus and they way he lived and i start wishing i could be like that. why can't i be so perfect and love God? But then how can i love someone who seems to ignore me? people have even told me that i am going to hell. can't they see i try to be a good person. i mean i love my family even though i don't get along with my dad i still love him. i love my friends and i even think the world is beautiful. or rather it would be if there were no murderers, thiefs, gryfitti and litterers, child molesters, misleaders and lies spreading about the earth. otherwise it would be a great place. i think the only people i don't like are people that bully me and insult me. basically my enemies but then who in their right mind would love or even like their enemies. i mean i am sure you would be taken to a psychiatrist if you told the doctor oh i love or like my enemies.

i do try to be a good person. i know some of the things i do are wrong but i thought that everyone did wrong. i have read some of the bible but most of it are in stories or whatever you call them. like the sower. i never understand it. i have gotten as far as the sower but then i stopped reading it cause i don't understand what it means. i cry with frustration everytime i try to understand it yet everyone at church seems to understand it.
what am i doing wrong...
thanks for reading...

~littlevoice08~

~littlevoice08~

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
God doesn't hate you!

Personally, I don't believe there's anything wrong with enjoying Harry Potter and Twilight as long as you can separate them from reality.

You say you can't read the Bible and pray, but yes, you can! If you feel that you haven't got the patience to read the Bible, pray for it, a prayer doesn't have to be a formal thing, it can be just like you're chatting to a friend, God wants to be that for you, the ultimate confidante.

From experience, I can say that when you lose sight of God, things go wrong. I've only been a Christian for two and a half years, but I can see the difference between having God in my sight, and losing my way. It's a vicious circle. Because things are going wrong, you ask why God isn't making everything rosy, and think you must be inadequate or God musn't care about you, and because of this you stop letting God in, try praying, try letting everything that's hurting you out, tell it all to him, and ask him for help. Like any friendship, you need to work at it, you need to let God in for him to come in.

My advice to you is to pray your socks off. If you don't think you can pray, pray for the ability to pray.

horsesforlife

horsesforlife

Member - 1Ker

• 3,028 posts
Well, first I have to tell you this, God does not hate you! He loves you.
Just because you like harry potter, and things like that does not mean you are a bad Christian, those are just fictional books, you're not hurting anything by reading them.

I can relate to the not praying every day and not reading the bible every day thing also, there was a period of time where I did not read the bible every day, or pray every day. But I'm starting to again. So my advice is to set an alarm of a time where you aren't doing anything and spend 15 minutes reading and studying your bible.
And then, you can pray any time of the day, weather it be during class, or any other time, you can always take a break just to thank God for all he's given you and how great he is.
it's simple things like that which can help you get started.

Also, nobody is perfect, but if you would like to be more like Jesus, try getting involved with something like volunteer work, and help out by donating old clothes to the poor, participating in canned food drives, and donating money to a church or charity.

If you ever need help interpreting the bible, you can always ask someone on here, I'm sure they'd be glad to help you out, or maybe participate in a local bible study, sometimes the bible is easier to interpret when you are in a group of people.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing you're doing wrong is doubting yourself. If you really put your mind to it, and say to yourself "I can do this" you will be able to. And with the help of God, nothing is impossible to achieve.

I hope this helps, and if you ever want someone to talk to about all this, feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to be a friend and help you out. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Today, I will be happier than a bird with a french fry"
"Life isn't about finding yourself, its about creating yourself"

Rayn

Rayn

Member - Wise One

• 778 posts
First and foremost, I'm very sorry you aren't feeling great. I've gone through anxious times as well, and every single time it has usually been because there was something separating me and God. Is there anything like that in your life? Anything at all that takes preeminence above Christ? God is jealous of these, and He is working to fix your attention to Him alone.

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul
Prov 8:36

I feel as though i have had enough. I no longer feel like going to church neither do I feel like reading the bible because I just see no point. I keep feeling like God hates me.[/b]

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
Psalms 139:17

Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
Psalms 40:5

And Satan may tempt you to think that David wrote that thousands of years ago, and so it doesn't apply today, but tell him to consider this:

The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
Psalms 33:11

more to the point I feel like God hates me. Everyone at the church seems to be telling the preacher how God answers their prayers and how God loves them and how they read the bible everyday and i am stuck with the thought as why can't i be that kind of christian? why can't i pray everyday and read the bible everyday? why is it i am always the one doing wrong? can't i ever do anything right?[/b]

You can.

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
1 Cor 10:13-14

Notce the phrase "flee from idolatry." I would note first that all sin is idolatry, as we are to love God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength, but when we sin against Him it is because we preferred that sin over His fellowship and counsel. Flee such things. Just get the temptation out of your life. I've had to go so far as to unplug my computer, throw away my CD's, and I don't even remember what in the world happened to my games. I've thrown away magazines, gotten rid of keepsakes, my batteries to my television remote control haven't been replaced in forever, and even so I still feel tempted to sin. It's that serious.

This is where most modern Christians fall short. I understand, I've been there. They want a little bit of the world and a little bit of Jesus. They nibble at Bible scripture and Christian fellowship, while entertainment takes up most of their time, and they waste their lives on the stuff. I used to justify a lot of things I did or underestimate the temptation, but then those very same things turned out to vex my heart and soul and I decided I had enough. Entertainment is the devil's substitution for the joy of the Lord, and so long as we serve ourselves we will never experience God's best for our lives: love unfeigned.

Just ask God to help you love Him, and read your Bible as you would a letter from a good friend. That's it, that's all. Ask God to show your sins and shortcomings to you and read the Bible to have them revealed. Confess your sins and He is faithful and just to forgive them (1 John 1:9). He'll give you a new heart, one after Him, just as long as you ask it. Admit there's nothing in your carnal nature which desires and thirsts for Him, but you're willing to receive all of Him and surrender every facility of your being to Him if He'll help you -- and He will.

i just wish i can be someone else.[/b]

God help you; don't say that. I'm perfectly thankful God has made you who you are and glad you are grieved by your sins and shortcomings, as that's the sign that God is working in you. You're a special gift to the church, put on this earth to help us function, and you're completely unique to it. No one else is just like you, and we want you to strive to be all you can be.

Also i look at jesus and they way he lived and i start wishing i could be like that. why can't i be so perfect and love God? But then how can i love someone who seems to ignore me?[/b]

He is all consumed by you but you must turn your life over to Him to understand his love.

people have even told me that i am going to hell. can't they see i try to be a good person.[/b]

Well if you're resting on going to heaven on anything except God's sacrifice and forgiveness then you won't make it. But, if you understand that the wages of sin is death, and that even our righteousness are as filthy rags (according to Isaiah 64:6, But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away) and that it is Christ, the second person of the Godhead, begotten of a virgin by the Holy Spirit, who lived a sinless life, bore our sins to the cross, and suffered the wrath of God for our sakes, that He may be risen again to take all of his saints to Heaven with Him and grant resurrection unto life to those called by His name, THEN you understand salvation, and those people who say you're going to hell should just take time to examine their own lives.

i think the only people i don't like are people that bully me and insult me. basically my enemies but then who in their right mind would love or even like their enemies. i mean i am sure you would be taken to a psychiatrist if you told the doctor oh i love or like my enemies.[/b]

Well I'm sorry they bully you and I pray they'll stop, but more importantly I pray that God would help you show the love of Christ to them so that they may be overcome by your love.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:19-21

i do try to be a good person. i know some of the things i do are wrong but i thought that everyone did wrong. i have read some of the bible but most of it are in stories or whatever you call them. like the sower. i never understand it. i have gotten as far as the sower but then i stopped reading it cause i don't understand what it means. i cry with frustration everytime i try to understand it yet everyone at church seems to understand it.
what am i doing wrong...
thanks for reading...[/b]

Yeah we all do wrong. That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for perfection though, and I can see you're making steps toward it.

God sees you trying to understand the parable, but don't let it discourage you if you can't understand it yet. Just pray God will open your understanding and He'll help you to understand it eventually. Jesus told that parable to people who were familiar with that type of work, and so it was easy for the spiritually aware to discern its meaning. I used a John Macarthur commentary to help me understand it.

As for what you're doing wrong, I can only conclude that some sin is plaguing your heart and darkening your understanding. As long as God has set our hearts on fire with love, the Bible is the most precious book and church fellowship is among our favorite activities. You have quenched the fire. Just go to God in prayer and ask Him to set your heart aflame, acknowledge your sins, confess them, and He will have mercy on you. Keep scripture stored in your heart that you may not sin against Him (Psalms 119:11).

God, I draw near to you now with words, and pray that my heart would not be far from You. Cleanse my heart, mind, and spirit, and help me to stand righteously before You by the blood of my savior Jesus Christ. I thank You, that You have had mercy on the simple and humble, and are willing to help the proud, and are always seeking us, even when we may be so blinded by iniquity and sin to think that you hate us. I can't put my finger on the exact thing in Della's life, only I know what You have revealed to me. I ask that You would help her to grow in grace, love, and faith, resting soley upon You for all of her needs. Let her concerns melt away, and her sins be forgiven, and her heart filled with love. Give us the strength to call upon you in confidence, boldly, knowing we have whatsoever we request of You. Help Della also to understand the Parable of the Sower, and help her to be equipped with vast spiritual knowledge, that she may bless this earth with your presence. May she walk every so closely to You, guarded beneath your hand, and protected from the wiles of Satan. I praise You for reaching out to her, and trying to show your love to her. Thank You for your mercy, patience, and grace. May You reign forever upon the throne of our hearts. In the name of Your precious Son Jesus I pray. Amen.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:10-18

To put something on is an action; therefore seek God actively, not passively. He will have mercy on those who seek Him. God bless. PM me if you have questions, I'll try to answer them if I can.

blackswan41

blackswan41

Member - 1Ker

• 2,289 posts

Everyone at the church seems to be telling the preacher how God answers their prayers and how God loves them and how they read the bible everyday and i am stuck with the thought as why can't i be that kind of christian? why can't i pray everyday and read the bible everyday? why is it i am always the one doing wrong? can't i ever do anything right? i just wish i can be someone else.[/b]

Comparing your insides to another's outsides is a dead end proposition. Trust me. What you are seeing is an impression.

Begin with a gratitude list today, will you?
God does not hate you nor want you to think that He does. You are His beloved whether you feel it or not.

"It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God.
It is for God to think about me. That is where listening begins."--Simone Weil

Rayn

Rayn

Member - Wise One

• 778 posts
You're just grand, Mrs. P. :)

A gratitude list would certainly help. Try to name evey little thing. I can't even begin to tell you how humbling it is. My spirit feels so calm when I'm thankful.

HaleyGirl16

HaleyGirl16

Member - 10Ker

• 10,346 posts

Ok I am not exactly perfect. Neither am I a good Christian. I have liked Harry Potter and still do since I were little. I am also into Twilight and New Moon and I am also into computer games. Computer games like shin magami tensei lucifer's call. etc. I am sure you would get the hint.[/b]

No one is. Everyone has something that they do that displeases God. Is what your doing rite? No. Does it make it ok? No. But does it make you the only person in the world that does wrong? No!

more to the point I feel like God hates me.[/b]

God does not hate you! God does not hate you for any reason because God does not hate sinners. He hates the SIN that you commit. God loves you. That is why he sent his son to die on a cross for you. If he hated you do you think he would have called you a friend? Jesus, God in the flesh, said, Greater love hath no man than this, that he would lay down his life for a friend." He laid his life down for whosoever. You are a whosoever making you a friend, who he died for. If you hate someone, are they your friend? Of course not! So now, does God hate you? I honestly believe not.

i just wish i can be someone else.[/b]

See that is the great thing about God. He made you unique. He wants you to be you. And he tests everyone differently. If you are saved, this may be a trial that God is bringing you through. Just lean on him. Satan will never take you to something God cant bring you through.

people have even told me that im going to hell. can't they see i try to be a good person.[/b]

Im not going to sugar coat this. If you are relying on being a good person to save you and/or get you to Heaven, you are, without a shadow of a doubt, going to Hell. Even one sin keeps us from Heaven. You have already admitted that you are not perfect and only a perfect person can get to Heaven by being good. No one is perfect. Therefore no one can get to Heaven without being saved. Also, and you may or may not know this, if you are not saved, the only prayer God will hear from you until after you get saved is a prayer of salvation. Any other prayer may as well be to a pencil. If you are lost, God only hears you asking for salvation. It is after that when he hears all of our prayers. If you are not saved, that is your first step. If you are not saved you are an enemy of God. So if you are not saved, first, God must convict your heart and draw you to repentance. Without conviction, you can pray and be the best person and do anything and everything for God but it will be of no effect. This is explained in John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him; and I will raise him up at the last day. Next, Admit to God that you are a sinner. Repent and turn away from your sins. Believe that Jesus is God's one and only son, who was born of a virgin, lived 33 years a perfect life, died on the cross for your sins, was buried for 3 days, rose from the dead, and will save you if you ask him. Then, Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as your saviour and Lord. Ask him to save you from your sins and Hell and be your saviour and Lord. Romans 10:13 says For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

who in their right mind would love or even like their enemies. i mean i am sure you would be taken to a psychiatrist if you told the doctor oh i love or like my enemies.[/b]

Jesus loved his enemys. And he told Christians to love and pray for there enemys. Does this mean you have to like them? No. But Christians are supposed to love and pray for there enemies. Jesus told us to. We are to love one another as Christ loved us. With an unconditional, agape love.

i do try to be a good person. i know some of the things i do are wrong but i thought that everyone did wrong.[/b]

If you are not saved, as I said earlier, its not good enough. Everyone does wrong but Ephesians 2:8-9 says For by Grace are you saved through faith, and that not of your selves it is a gift from God. Not of works lest any man should boast. Jesus Christ is the only thing that can save you. Any other way is a one way ticket to Hell. Trust Jesus and ask him to save you. Then you are assured not only a spot in Heaven, but someone who can help you more than anyone here. Im sorry if i sounded mean or uncaring but i want to help you and if being abrasive is the only way thats how ill do it. Im praying for you and if you need to talk anymore, PM me without hesitation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CTF Married to Will_Power

CTF Mother of TJB_GoingintoBattle, Jahsmun trueimage15, Anabeth, zia, Christopherjr, & herbiefullyloaded
CTF Mother-in-law to T.O.W.R, Wesker, & Marley
CTF Daughter of Jehovah'sDaughter
​Highly Honored and Respected by Mark

My Siggy Tags
Haley, you are an Amazing Girl, I am glad that I met you! -Evan
and defininiest my favoritest everrrrrr ~Becky
Secret ninja siggy tag skills - Will
Siggy-tagging is fun~ love Matty

swampfox

swampfox

Member - 5Ker

• 6,503 posts
God loves you, what these people say is true. just avoid mean people, and go to youth group! find God's love by helping your community. that is a great thing that Jesus did, so who is to say you won't find God via that method
Jesusfreak91 and I are CTF's resident Civil War Reenactor Freaks. I have many interests. Help poor people on Facebook by looking up free clicks for charity groups. Yeah thats it. Oh yeah, Phillipians 4:6.

jessicaaa

jessicaaa

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 53 posts
God loves you
- Jesus Rock My Life -

Selah

Selah

Member - 1Ker

• 4,621 posts

I feel as though i have had enough. I no longer feel like going to church neither do I feel like reading the bible because I just see no point. I keep feeling like God hates me.[/b]

Distorted and irrational. God is love. His love is perfect, and is based on, not what we are or what we do, but who He is. His love is unconditional and limitless. There is nothing we could ever do to make God stop loving us, or even love us more. He loves us perfectly. We respond to His love, like one would call a dear friend or write a family member, by going to church and reading the Bible to spend time with Him. Hmm. You know what the problem is? And don't feel bad, I've done it before...well, who hasn't?...you are going by feelings. Feelings are such fleeting little things and change by the second. There are days I don't want to go to the gym, but I do because it is good for me. In the end, it was worth it. Now, how can you expect to get closer to God and get better if you avoid Him? He doesn't hate you, remember. He loves you because He wants to. Just let Him love you!

Ok I am not exactly perfect. Neither am I a good Christian. I have liked Harry Potter and still do since I were little. I am also into Twilight and New Moon and I am also into computer games. Computer games like shin magami tensei lucifer's call. etc. I am sure you would get the hint.[/b]

Oh dear...I love Harry Potter, so I'm not the best person to ask here...but you know what, if it bothers you this much, get rid of that stuff. Seriously. If you honestly do not feel that you could grow in Christ and read Harry Potter or Twilight, chuck it. God wants to help you, remember, not hinder you.

more to the point I feel like God hates me. Everyone at the church seems to be telling the preacher how God answers their prayers and how God loves them and how they read the bible everyday and i am stuck with the thought as why can't i be that kind of christian? why can't i pray everyday and read the bible everyday? why is it i am always the one doing wrong? can't i ever do anything right? i just wish i can be someone else[/b]

I know that feeling oh so well. But then I thought, "Selah, who cares about another person's walk with God?" Really, who does care? It's my own that I should be focused on. And you know what? I will bet you anything that those people struggle just as you do. Everyone feels lonely and far from God at times. It's human nature. Don't wish you could be someone else. Be you! Say, "Yeah, I'm not perfect, but I don't care because I know God loves me. Through it all, He will help me."

people have even told me that im going to hell[/b]

Gently remind them that God alone can make such a decision. We as humans love to play the jidgement card. Naturally. It makes us feel superior. People call me a heretic all the time, and yes I've been told I'm going to hell. But only God has the ability to make that decision, so what does it matter what someone else says?

Don't let anyone ever take that away from you. God does love you. You can think He hates you all you want, but just remember that His grace is greater than our sin. He will help you. Ask Him. Just let Him help!

"Those who find themselves in hell will be chastised by the scourge of love. How cruel and bitter this torment of love will be! ... the sorrow which takes hold of the heart, which has sinned against love, is more piercing than any other pain." (St. Isaac the Syrian)

GOODNESS! WE'RE PLATONIC SOULMATES!

Awww, can I resist tagging you? Here. U haz tag noa.- TheBeckehMod

ilovejesusxoxo

ilovejesusxoxo

Experienced Fellow

• 153 posts
First off, God doesn't hate you at all! Don't let the devil feed you those lies! God loves you soo much and takes great delight in you! He sees you as a precious treasure and He wants the very best for you!

Secondly, God is never going to help you be someone else.
It's okay that you have some weaknesses. God is big enough, he can handle it.
He accepts you the way that you are.

I think you should at least try to pray everyday, because this opens the door for God
to work in your life. And you say that you see people and wonder why you can't be the Christian that
they are? Well maybe you could write down a few qualities they have that you really would like to have and then pray about them.

But don't make yourself feel guilty because of the stage you are in now. God is incredibly patient. Don't try to change yourself, Just give it all to him.

I know it hurts when others insult you, trust me I've been in that pit many times. But if you learn to love your enemies and learn to forgive them, it will take a huge burden of you! It's really not for them, it's for you.

Maybe you could get a teen bible or a childrens bible to start with if you are having trouble and don't try to make the task too difficult for yourself. Take it slow.

I hope I helped.
message me anytime.

God Bless.
xoxo

"When Christ hung & bled, & died, it was God saying to the world, "I love you." (:

"I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill & mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight & the glory of the Lord shall be revealed & all flesh shall see it together."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

"What's the devil gonna do...What are DEMONS gonna do with relentless people who won't quit?!"

"Life's most urgent question: What are you doing for others?"

mpok1519

mpok1519

Member - 1Ker

• 3,041 posts
I'm sure God does not hate you.

The world and life is rough and ugly at times. You should not worry but strive to make yourself and the world a better place.

^Yourself a better person edit

Jesussavesusfromsin

Jesussavesusfromsin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My friend, please do not give up on Jesus....don't give up on your salvation. I understand that the Bible is rough to read at first...it was for me too, but as I read, I prayed for the Lord to give me wisdom and understanding for what I was reading. The Holy Spirit can teach you things that you never thought you could understand.
I will say though, that you most likely won't understand the things of the Lord in His word until you get away from the evil things of the world, such as Harry Potter, Twilight, and satanic video games. These things are most likely holding you back from being truly repentant from your sins and truly seeking the Lord's face. The entertainment of the world is not what should entertain a Christian. I will tell you this...before I was saved, I loved all sorts of sinful tv shows (family guy, scrubs, the office) and movies (moulin rouge, batman, dazed and confused).....and when I first started learning about the Lord, I thought that I could still enjoy these things and have a relationship with the Lord. I was flat out WRONG! Eventually, I realized just how sinful these things are, how much God hates them, and how much I should hate them. And now I do hate them. Now I hate all sin, just as God does. If you come to this point, then you can truly have a relationship with the Lord. But you cannot be friends with the world and be a friend of Jesus at the same time, "Friendship with the world is enmity with God" (James 4:4). Please truly repent from your sins, learn to hate sin, and put your trust in Jesus! If you seek the Lord's face, He will reveal Himself to you!

God Bless you!
Tina

P.S. the parable of the sower is an interesting one. As Christians, we should be planting seeds in the mind of the lost (giving them Heavenly things to think about in hopes that they will learn and repent from their sinful ways). In Luke 8:4-8, Jesus is describing the possible outcomes of our planting of seeds....the seed can either fall to the wayside (no one listens to it), it can fall on a hard surface and not flourish (the person heard, but they had a hardened heart and chose to ignore the message), it can fall into thorns and thistles (the person can hear it, but the things of the world or wrong teachings may have choked the message out), or it can fall onto fertile soil (a soft heart), and the person will heed the message, repent and be saved...bearing the fruits of salvation over time.

Hopefully this helps you to understand this parable a little better. Please let me know if you have any questions! And remember to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit!

sjoseph

sjoseph

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Stop listening to the enemy's influences. He wants you to think that God doesn't love you. "It's not us being perfect, but yet being perfected."
Stop looking at what you can't do like others, but what you can do. God has made you special and has given you gifts just as others. As for the movies and books and games you play. When you consume yourself with what feeds you soulishly, what else will be your result but to have your soul that is being fed more than your spirit be your counsel. It's a contradiction. The flesh is emnity{an enemy} to God (Spirit).

Zabby

Zabby

CTF Staff

• 14,396 posts
Old thread is old.

There is a trace of You in every alleluia... and it's Your sacred heart within me beating. Your voice within me singing out, for love of You. - Audrey Assad

You're like Lt. Commander Data ^_^

Zabby Has Pointer Approval
-= Yves t'a sig-taggé ^_^ =-
TAG! You're it =D ~Haley<3

CTF married to Yves

colinisreptar

colinisreptar

Member - 1Ker

• 1,187 posts

Old thread is old.

^^^
This.

skerpaderp

skerpaderp

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 71 posts
Ok I am not exactly perfect. Neither am I a good Christian. I have liked Harry Potter and still do since I were little.
Harry Potter is fiction and does not intend to disrupt religious beliefs. I would assume that reading something for entertainment is not a sin, especially a children's book such as Harry Potter. I would also assume you do not follow Harry Potter books like a religion. If this is the case, there is no reason you should think you are not a good Christian.

I am also into Twilight and New Moon and I am also into computer games. Computer games like shin magami tensei lucifer's call. etc. I am sure you would get the hint.
See above. Entertainment purposes only, and I'm sure you don't blaspheme by following the word of these books and games as equal to the word of God.

more to the point I feel like God hates me. Everyone at the church seems to be telling the preacher how God answers their prayers and how God loves them and how they read the bible everyday and i am stuck with the thought as why can't i be that kind of christian? why can't i pray everyday and read the bible everyday? why is it i am always the one doing wrong? can't i ever do anything right? i just wish i can be someone else.
There is something called the self-fullfilling prophecy. You could relate it to the placebo effect, which basically is that if someone believes something to be true, they will experience it and sub-consciously manifest to make sure it comes true in real life.

Also i look at jesus and they way he lived and i start wishing i could be like that. why can't i be so perfect and love God? But then how can i love someone who seems to ignore me? people have even told me that i am going to hell. can't they see i try to be a good person. i mean i love my family even though i don't get along with my dad i still love him. i love my friends and i even think the world is beautiful. or rather it would be if there were no murderers, thiefs, gryfitti and litterers, child molesters, misleaders and lies spreading about the earth. otherwise it would be a great place. i think the only people i don't like are people that bully me and insult me. basically my enemies but then who in their right mind would love or even like their enemies. i mean i am sure you would be taken to a psychiatrist if you told the doctor oh i love or like my enemies.
There cannot be good without bad. That is to say, there would be nothing to contrast good and bad behavior or events if there wasn't 2 sides to the moral spectrum. Also, if anyone actually expects you to like or get along with everyone you know, they already assume that the people you come into contact with everyday have no negative, or even sinister traits. You cannot be blamed for the freewill of others.

what am i doing wrong...
thanks for reading...
Of course everyone says they understand what the bible says, but is it the same for everyone? I highly doubt it, because there are many, many branches of Christianity, and each has it's own interpretation of the meaning of the bible, and each one claims their's to be the truest.

In short (and on an unrelated note), you are a young adult and are in the process of transitioning from the dependent nature of a child to the more self sufficient and independent nature of an adult. The reason you are having these doubts is most likely due to the dramatic paradigm shift of adolescence, and I'd be a liar if I said it's not uncommon for people (especially teenagers) to go through what you are going through right now.

Jastfe

Jastfe

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, I'm a total Harry Potter nerd. Like people say, just separate them from reality and they're fine. But the important thing to realize is that God loves you! So much, you will never know. When you think he hates you, ask yourself "why would he create something he hated? Why would he die for someone he hated?" He wouldn't! Just listen for God's call, it provides peace and mercy. I'll be sure to pray for you =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users