Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Martial Art

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Jack_Spaden

Jack_Spaden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Who here either likes the idea or the actual practice? And what do you study?

USMC Psych

USMC Psych

Accomplished Poster

• 442 posts
Marine Corps Martial Art Program a program in which moves and mixes the most effective together.
"Before God we are all equally wise, and eqaully foolish." ~ Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience." ~Albert Einstein

Jack_Spaden

Jack_Spaden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Ouch... I believe that anything military oriented brings pain... loads of it.

I'm into sourthern Chinese boxing like Jeet Kwan Do and Wing Chun for practical application and Drunken Fist as a show sport.

jsjones82

jsjones82

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 51 posts
I wish I knew some man, I'd be Blacky Chan!

Adonvara

Adonvara

Member - 5Ker

• 8,673 posts
I got my first degree black belt in Taekwon Do when I was thirteen :D Nearly died (not actually) during prep cycle, but whatevs. I'd like to take up Capoeira at some point as well.

~Empress of the Singles and Bored Threads~

"Kun maailma kaatuu päälle, niin puoleesi huudan
Kun kaikki muu katoaa, luokseni jäät
Sun rakkautes ääni on hyvä ja hellä,
siks pidä mua lähelläs"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cwtch

Cwtch

Accomplished Poster

• 340 posts
Currently studying karate, tai chi, and ninjutsu. Hoping to try capoeira and shorinji kempo before too long. Have done wing chun and aikido in my time as well and planning to get back into aikido to help my ninjutsu flow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jacobacon

Jacobacon

Experienced Fellow

• 175 posts
I've got a judo book and trained a little with that. Been thinking about getting it out again :P

Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Taikwondo

I was a green belt but I joined another program and now I'm a no belt...

Selah

Selah

Member - 1Ker

• 4,620 posts
I want to learn Tai Chi, Pa Kua, and Shao Lin Kung Fu. :D

Basically everything in Avatar the Last Airbender. Can't remember what type the earthbenders did though.

But anyhow, there ya go!

"Those who find themselves in hell will be chastised by the scourge of love. How cruel and bitter this torment of love will be! ... the sorrow which takes hold of the heart, which has sinned against love, is more piercing than any other pain." (St. Isaac the Syrian)

GOODNESS! WE'RE PLATONIC SOULMATES!

Awww, can I resist tagging you? Here. U haz tag noa.- TheBeckehMod

buggirl101

buggirl101

Experienced Fellow

• 133 posts
Oh, interesting. I've been studying/practicing Tai Chi for awhile now, a little under a year.

I'm really interested in BaGua Zhang, I really want to learn that style. But, there's not anyone in my area...or state that gives classes for it. I've been trying to study from books but that can only do so much, y'know?

SelahGrace

SelahGrace

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I've been taking karate for a while, but I'm considering checking out other styles once I get my black belt...
~ Psalm 73:23-26 ~

Alyosha

Alyosha

Member - Wise One

• 721 posts
I did Wing Chun between 2003 - 2008. From 2008 - 2009 I did boxing, Judo, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I had to stop after my arm was broken in an arm-bar which I didn't tap out of.

I'd like to get back into it. Unfortunately I started smoking and eating unhealthily after I broke my arm, so I'll have to get my fitness back before I can do anything.

gunner

gunner

Accomplished Poster

• 448 posts

I did Wing Chun between 2003 - 2008. From 2008 - 2009 I did boxing, Judo, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I had to stop after my arm was broken in an arm-bar which I didn't tap out of.

I'd like to get back into it. Unfortunately I started smoking and eating unhealthily after I broke my arm, so I'll have to get my fitness back before I can do anything.

After I watched Ip Man (movie) and learned about Chi Sao, I've been really interested in Wing Chun. How was it? Did it seem effective? Give any opinions on it, please. And what about Brazilian Ju Jitsu- I've heard that it's an extremely effective martial art.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Timeless Resonance | Zero House | Sunny in the City
CTF married to Hamlet | CTF boyfriend to MarkJ. <3
the difference between self and serf is one letter

Kirsty

Kirsty

Experienced Fellow

• 280 posts
I took Karate for... two years? I quit because the sensei was a meanie :( Meanie meanie pants.
CTF married to my boyfriend, Mr. Wonderful Foofer <3

Mimiu78

Mimiu78

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I did Wado Ryu Karate since October 2005. I actually stopped practicing it last June because I tore my ACL; I'm working hard to recover and hopefully ease back into it starting this July :). It's unfortunate because I was going to get my black belt grading last fall, oh well. What style karate do you guys do?

I'm really interested in learning wing chun tho, mostly because I really need to work on my hands, plus Ip Man was super cool ahaha. Might I recommend reading a manga called "Kenji"? It covers a lot of different martial arts, mostly focusing on Chinese ones but still talks about Japanese ones too, you can actually learn the basics of lots of styles from it!

Good luck on your grading! Ossu!

countrygrl222

countrygrl222

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I took Bushido Karate for 6 years and I have my 2nd degree black belt now:D

elizabethbraddock

elizabethbraddock

Experienced Fellow

• 187 posts
I practice Wing Chun, Yip Man lineage, Wong Shun Leung style.

tibsar

tibsar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
I do! I do Go Ju Ru. How long have you guys been training?

Pointer

Pointer

Member - 5Ker

• 6,353 posts
Old topic is old. That said, I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I've considered trying out other forms (tang su do or perhaps karate) but I'm just too busy to work on it. I don't even have time to even get another dan in my TKD. I should be working on it, but again, no time.
-Chad

... your signature was so boring! Don't worry tho, I fixed it for you with this pretty purple tag! You can thank me later! ~Haley<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users