Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Best Exercise: What's yours?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Cain

Cain

Experienced Fellow

• 120 posts
So, I decided to do this because I have always said this. The best overall exercise I have ever done in my lifetime, is the Ab Wheel (Ab Roller).

http://www.bodybuild.../name/ab-roller

It is a amazing exercise. It works out a lot of muscles (mainly the Abs obviously) and you can do a LOT of reps on it for endurance and strength. I guarantee you, go to any gym, get those big buff guys, I doubt they can do 10 sets of 10. Why? It works the body, and uses so many muscles, especially the stabilizers. I guarantee you, incorporate this into your workouts, and you will gain on everything, especially core strength and flexibility, if done correctly.

I pledge to this exercise, I found it in Boxing, and to this day, still kills my upper abs (currently in pain, did the Ab workout I posted, +40 more of these).

So, what is the best exercise overall in your opinion?
341st Air Force Recruiting Squadron

Squishy

Squishy

Member - 1Ker

• 2,229 posts
Running
Great for cardio and overall fitness
preferably with a ball of the spherical/oval variety to chase and someone to kick it into.

206gcht.jpg
Whipped by the captain 24/05 never forget

Cain

Cain

Experienced Fellow

• 120 posts

Running
Great for cardio and overall fitness
preferably with a ball of the spherical/oval variety to chase and someone to kick it into.

I hate running lol. I mean, I have to do it for fitness, but I hate it so much lol. It is a great cardio exercise though.
341st Air Force Recruiting Squadron

HisGirl

HisGirl

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Cardio. Particularly dance (hip-hop). It doesn't feel like you're really exercising, it's a lot of fun and you burn a ton of calories, plus you work out muscles you never knew you had. That said, I would suggest taking it slow at first. lol That combined with a bit of weight training is what I usually do.

remembrance

remembrance

Accomplished Poster

• 325 posts
Zumba is a lot of fun you don't feel like you are working out when you do it and I also like the elliptical.
Because of it's tiny wings and heavy body, the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly.
But the bumblebee doesn't know that, so it flies anyway.

Heart_with_Open_Ears

Heart_with_Open_Ears

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Swimming. The power and smoothness of an efficient stroke is awesome. You don't get sweaty and it isn't as hard on your muscles and joints then other activities.
It takes time to get to a point where it is worthwhile though and it is time consuming and expensive.

Jebbrook.

Jebbrook.

Member - 1Ker

• 4,343 posts
I have a Nike app on my iPod that has loads of workouts programmed into it. It's my favorite thing ever :D
I'm through accepting limits
because someone says they're so.
Too long I've been afraid of
losing love I guess I've lost.
Kiss me goodbye,
I'm defying gravity
and you can't pull me down.
Wicked.

Cappuccino

Cappuccino

Accomplished Poster

• 415 posts
Dancing and swimming.
Even DDR can be fun, you don't even realise you're working out but yet you can burn up to 600 calories an hour. I played it a lot this summer whenever I was bored, and it was fun, but also helped me lose quite a bit of weight. I also like swimming because it's relaxing, especially if you're alone, and you don't feel warm or gross or sweaty. (Atleast I don't.)

Precious

Precious

Member - 5Ker

• 8,950 posts
rollarblading. :)

CTF married to Tyro Of Sarcalogos <3

Here's my tumblog.

Here's my actual blog.

Brooklyn

Brooklyn

Member - 1Ker

• 2,428 posts
Yoga it calms you down and is a great exercise. Hatha works best for me.

lyle

lyle

Accomplished Poster

• 353 posts
WEIGHT TRAINING! hehe :P
There's nothing like having a good session and feeling really pumped after.

Mabinogi

Mabinogi

Member - 1Ker

• 3,424 posts
The P90x ab ripper routine...heavens above. It's amazing. It can do wonders.

"May you live every day of your life."

--Jonathon Swift

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound as they pass by."

--Douglas Adams

"Of all the things I miss, I miss my brain the most."

--Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Imperfection

Imperfection

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Field hockey.

It's fun and you get quite a work-out. Lots of running and strength training drills.

"Into marvelous light I'm r u n n i n g;

out of darkness and out of shame

by the CROSS

You are the truth,

You are the life,

You are the way)))"

TrevorGraydon123

TrevorGraydon123

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Yoga it calms you down and is a great exercise. Hatha works best for me.

Totally agree. Kundalini's really fun too. :)

SunshineSurferx

SunshineSurferx

Member - Wise One

• 580 posts
I am a swimmer. Used to be a competitive one, now I just do it for exercise. Also, I like to bike, too.

Faithful Kevin

Faithful Kevin

Member - Wise One

• 795 posts
If it's for muscle growth in the upper body, I can say pull-ups and push-ups are the most effective if done correctly with different techniques.
If it's for muscle growth in the mid section, regular crunches (NOT SIT-UPS, THEY ONLY WORK MOST ON YOUR HIPS) and cross crunches are the most effective if done correctly.
If it's for muscle growth in the lower body, I can say doing squats and calf raises.
If it's for reinforcing the lower back (WHICH IS SO IMPORTANT), I can say doing planks are the best. Also doing the superman on your belly helps allot.

Cardio = Fat loss:
Any sport that makes you move constantly.

Dios es amor. God is love. Man of God, where are you? Pick up your swords! The Word of God is complete. By His words I shall live.

ebonyrose

ebonyrose

Member - 10Ker

• 11,055 posts
ZUUUUUMBA! >:0

And yoga. :3

WahooPunch

WahooPunch

CTF Staff

• 11,256 posts
Speed-walking! And jogging when the weather is good for jogging.

·!¦[· Psalm 91 ·]¦!·

lyle

lyle

Accomplished Poster

• 353 posts

If it's for muscle growth in the upper body, I can say pull-ups and push-ups are the most effective if done correctly with different techniques.

Those are good, especially for muscle endurance but I wouldn't say they're the best for muscle growth or strength for that matter. Pull-ups combined with a vast workout of bar bell curls, lateral pull downs etc will give you the best results.

Faithful Kevin

Faithful Kevin

Member - Wise One

• 795 posts
Well, like I wrote, if you do them with different techniques and properly, you will get the results.
I don't think there is anything that can work out pretty much your whole upper body than doing pull ups.

Dios es amor. God is love. Man of God, where are you? Pick up your swords! The Word of God is complete. By His words I shall live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users