Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Have you ever asked God to show you a sign?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever asked God to show you a sign? (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever asked God to show you a sign?

1. yes, on occasion (31 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. yes, more times then I can count (24 votes [38.71%])

Percentage of vote: 38.71%

3. nah, that's pointless (5 votes [8.06%])

Percentage of vote: 8.06%

4. nah, but Id be willing to try (2 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

blackswan41

blackswan41

Member - 1Ker

• 2,289 posts
I have always liked the prayer that God may help me in my disbelief to believe. I have used it at times, when my soul has run low on trust and high on anxiety. I have also resorted to asking Him in His graciousness to show me a sign, as proof for my measly trust, that He hears me.

"Give me a sign of your favor: make my enemies see, to their confusion, that you, LORD, help and comfort me." Psalm 86-17

"It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God.
It is for God to think about me. That is where listening begins."--Simone Weil

gunner

gunner

Accomplished Poster

• 448 posts
yesirmaam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Timeless Resonance | Zero House | Sunny in the City
CTF married to Hamlet | CTF boyfriend to MarkJ. <3
the difference between self and serf is one letter

Marley

Marley

Member - 1Ker

• 2,816 posts
More times than I can count, admittedly. I very rarely 'feel' God's presence so to speak so if I'm feeling particularly stressed out, or doubtful I often use the 'Lord, send me a sign!' or 'Lord, just show me what I'm supposed to do!'. Unfortunantly, these tend to be at times when I'm too frantic or busy to really listen for the answer. For me it often feels like I'm sitting around for months at a time waiting to catch just the slightest glimpse of a sign, whilst ignoring him all around me.

Of course, on the flip side I've also in my... well not arrogance, but just plain impatient exuberance asked 'Lord! Challenge me! I'm ready to do your will!'

That was a learning experience haha.

san-antonio-spurs__400x3001-1ywyoz2.jpg
GO SPURS GO!

Happily Married to the Wonderful TJB_GoingIntoBattle
Mother of T.O.W.R. and Guitarman
and possibly a few more I'm forgetting
Owner of Horse-Katy

And John (Wesker) is my CTF Gal-Pal

Zabby

Zabby

CTF Staff

• 14,230 posts
I have, but I try to avoid pleading for signs because I feel as though big things aren't the way Christ talks to us. Also, God does not work on man's time. Who am I to think I can call down God whenever I want and demand for him to clarify something. He knows me better then I do, and He knows how to get my attention and get me to do something.

There is a trace of You in every alleluia... and it's Your sacred heart within me beating. Your voice within me singing out, for love of You. - Audrey Assad

You're like Lt. Commander Data ^_^

Zabby Has Pointer Approval
-= Yves t'a sig-taggé ^_^ =-
TAG! You're it =D ~Haley<3

CTF married to Yves

ThereIsNone

ThereIsNone

Experienced Fellow

• 221 posts
I've been asking for signs for 17 years and I never got anything. This past fall I finally accepted what that meant.

Yoda

Yoda

CTF Staff

• 16,878 posts
I might have done when I was younger

"God is light; and in Him there is no darkness at all." (1 John 1:5)

Yoda is an awesome light saber wielding administrator whom I now have the honor of siggy tagging! ~HaleyGirl16<3

Visit my Youtube Channel || Reasonable Faith

BalsatheSpear

BalsatheSpear

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 56 posts
I begged for a long time and I never got anything. But then again I've only had one easily explainable semi-religious experience. It wasn't the final nail in my deconversion coffin, but it was one of the bigger ones.

But what constitutes a sign anyway when you ask for one?

JAG

JAG

Member - 10Ker

• 12,299 posts
I don't need signs. Too many miracles have already happened in my life for me to lose faith now.
"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."
- C.S. Lewis -

colinisreptar

colinisreptar

Member - 1Ker

• 1,187 posts
Hmmm, I don't think I've asked for actual signs, just a feeling of His presence. I don't know if that counts as a sign, though.

ColdWarKids

ColdWarKids

Member - 1Ker

• 4,122 posts
Yeah, when my faith was extremely rocky I did.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skadaddle09

Skadaddle09

Member - 10Ker

• 19,867 posts

I have, but I try to avoid pleading for signs because I feel as though big things aren't the way Christ talks to us. Also, God does not work on man's time. Who am I to think I can call down God whenever I want and demand for him to clarify something. He knows me better then I do, and He knows how to get my attention and get me to do something.

I don't need signs. Too many miracles have already happened in my life for me to lose faith now.

These. :3 That said, I did a few times before I actually started working on my faith.

And I totally agree with what Zabby said... our faith shouldn't be based on our feeble human understanding. Once we realize that God is God, and we are man, we start to see that that God works on His time.

One thing that I've recently learned is that, yeah, God hears our prayers, but He may not work in the way we expected. In fact, we might never see the result of our efforts. For example, if I pray for a specific person to be healed, or saved, or anything, that might not happen until that person is no longer a part of my life. I obviously met them for a reason...so that I could pray for them, but who am I to expect God to work RIGHT NOW?

That and...if you take the time to listen to His voice every now and then, there are signs everywhere. Heck, I was noticing things when I was taking a biology course last semester. Marveling at the intricacies of the human body. The way everything happens on a cellular level... right place, right time... it was cool. And that to me is a sign of God's presence and existence. You don't have to look very far to find your signs...you just have to get a better understanding of who God is.

He's doing His job... I believe that if we're having problems with our faith, WE are the ones at fault.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

Daniel_of_Southern

Daniel_of_Southern

Member - 5Ker

• 6,663 posts
I have and He has answered me.

My CTF mommy will always be stars_in_the_sky (We all miss you :( ) My CTF Wifey is Katblossom My CTF daughter is Rock4god246 My CTF In Laws are TJB_Goingintobattle and Ambassador MrBrettH is my CTF Son-in-Law
Daniel you are an awesome guy here is your sigtag =D-Evan
^^ Thanks, Evan. You're awesome too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

alienyouth

alienyouth

• 91 posts
I do this a lot. It's not to do with the amount of faith I have (I've had too many miracles in my life not to have strong (though sometimes wavering (everyone's does at one time or another)) faith)

It's more asking for Him to show me what He wants me to do in a certain situation. :)
~alienyouth~

Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised - Proverbs 31:30

We're taking over the world, we're the alien youth

It's not my fault I fell for you, you tripped me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThereIsNone

ThereIsNone

Experienced Fellow

• 221 posts
For any piece of cornbread wondering, I mean that God doesn't answer such things like that

blackswan41

blackswan41

Member - 1Ker

• 2,289 posts

You don't have to look very far to find your signs...you just have to get a better understanding of who God is.

He's doing His job... I believe that if we're having problems with our faith, WE are the ones at fault.

Yes, but perhaps it's not really fault that we should dwell on but rather to ask for His continued grace upon us to build our bud of faith. A devoted father or mother are always willing to oblige.

Let me give an example. Recently my daughter asked me if I might show my love for her through some sort of valentine's recognition. Now, she and I have a wonderful relationship and I know, that she knows, that we love her intensely. But, there is nothing wrong with someone asking for a sign of that love to strengthen them for whatever reason. Sometimes, we all need a bit of a boost thru a physical sign. Christ does this most exactly as the physical sign of God's love.

All throughout the Old Testament, God has purposefully placed signs or prefigurements of what is to become the new law of love in the New Testament which is Christ.

If God knows that we need guideposts along this path of life as meager humans, we should have no shame in searching for these signs or humbly asking for additional signs of His presence in our life as well.

"It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God.
It is for God to think about me. That is where listening begins."--Simone Weil

All4Christ

All4Christ

• 71 posts
Yes all the time!!!

I guess my favorite one would be the time I wasn't sure if I should redicate(sp?) my life to Him.

I was praying their with over 90 teenagers and one by one some were going up to redeticate(sp?) their lives. I wasn't sure God wanted me too and I was scared. I asked him that if it was His will, To take me hands and lead me up there.

Guess what God did. My hands went numb. I had no feeling in them whatsoever as I walked up to the group. Out of the 90 kids that night, over 70 walked up. God was there and we could all feel him. But I like to think out as, God touched my hands. He led me up there. Where else will he lead me?

soooo I know it may seem weird or something to you, but if you truly believe, I think God will give you anything you ask for when you're scared, angry, hurt, or whatever.
He was there when no one else was. God was. God Is. And God always will be.

God-Sent

God-Sent

Member - 5Ker

• 7,130 posts
yes, on occasion
You've been here too long not to get tagged. SOOO I fixed the problem by giving you your first siggy tag! You're welcome ~Haley<3

WahooPunch

WahooPunch

CTF Staff

• 11,256 posts
Have I ever asked God to show me a sign? Like, a dramatic one like Gideon did? No... :P Still, I feel that God shows me signs and hints that it's Him working even when I don't ask for signs. I do ask Him to be with me and give me a feeling of his presence when I need help to make a decision or whatever.

·!¦[· Psalm 91 ·]¦!·

Sadlypoetic

Sadlypoetic

Member - 1Ker

• 3,169 posts
I sometime ask for some sort of sign or simply to feel Gods presence. I am very spiritual but I don't get that feeling I hear most Christians talk about, feeling overwhelmed with the holy spirit and what not. Perhaps it is because I was born and raised Christian so God is just every day life sort of. But I sometimes pray for some kind of spiritual experience that will make it easier to have faith. But I guess God likes to chalenge His followers.
E><3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RadioBunny SheildofFaith Boogles Brooklyn Cookiemonstah Wahoopunch
Precious Rock4God246 Josh(J) Tyro Of Sarcalogos Themeiwanttobe
Ran1078 HaleyGirl16 DDOG059 HerbieFullyLoaded Anabeth
E><3trueimage15 and Lord knows how many others
Girl Who Likes Mini Stuff leaches in my ear
E><3

E><3

This tag has been made and approved by HaleyGirl16

gufis253

gufis253

• 97 posts
I do, on occasion, ask for signs, but only when I REALLY feel lost.

COPPER BOOM!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users