Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Bible Verses for when you feel robbed of things you love?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

GreenNoodles

GreenNoodles

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Like the quote "watching the one you love, love someone else." conveys, what are some Bible verses to help you cope with feeling "robbed" of something that you really loved or wanted? You know, that feeling of losing a chance to obtain something.

DDOG059

DDOG059

Member - 1Ker

• 4,123 posts
hmm, I'm not sure if this is quite right.. but when I feel as if I've missed an opportunity to share the gospel with someone, and in some other cases, I find that this is a good passage to know...

For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for [it] with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit [is], because He makes intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to [His] purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined [to be] conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. (Rom 8:24-29)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

SodaCrates

SodaCrates

Experienced Fellow

• 103 posts
My favorite bible verse is Matthew 5:5 (my favorite part of the Bible is the sermon on the mount).
Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the Earth.

I see so much meaning in that one line. I see Jesus describing the relationship between the lowest class and the rich. I see him trying to comfort many people who live hard lives. I see someone who understands that the best people are the ones who work hard for a living, and they are the ones who ultimately inherit Earthly happiness. This verse just means so much to me.

Bergkamp

Bergkamp

Experienced Fellow

• 110 posts
Here are some :)

"The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. (Psalm 34:10)"

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)"

"Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”
“Nothing,” they answered. (Luke 22:35)"

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)"

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. (1 John 5:14-15)"

"The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. (Psalm 23:1)"

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! (Matthew 7:11)"

"Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. (Matthew 6:8)"

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. (Matthew 21:22)"

Hope those verses help. ;)

sierra-smith

sierra-smith

Experienced Fellow

• 135 posts

Like the quote "watching the one you love, love someone else." conveys, what are some Bible verses to help you cope with feeling "robbed" of something that you really loved or wanted? You know, that feeling of losing a chance to obtain something.

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret to being content in any and every situation, whether ell fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Phililpians 4:12-13 (New International Version)
Philippians 3:10&11
"All I want is to know Christ and to experience the power of his resurrection, to share in his sufferings and become like him in death, in the hope that I myself will be raised from death to life."

My blog: (http://remnantpurified.tumblr.com)

blackswan41

blackswan41

Member - 1Ker

• 2,289 posts

Like the quote "watching the one you love, love someone else." conveys, what are some Bible verses to help you cope with feeling "robbed" of something that you really loved or wanted?

I have always taken comfort in the simple phrase "Be not afraid" repeated throughout the bible.

It is short and pithy enough for me to remember when I am stressing and feeling abandoned.
I concur that God wanted to drill it into our measly brains since he repeated it 365 x's in the bible I understand.

"It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God.
It is for God to think about me. That is where listening begins."--Simone Weil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users